Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Row 1 Story Stone Timber Basement Practice Dummy issue

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by jaaws12, Jul 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaaws12

jaaws12 Avatar

I placed my practice dummy in my basement. I can attack it and auto attack shows dmg /pool xp use. Skills dont do dmg no xp use. I have tried to place it and log off/on I can place it upstairs and I have no issues there.

2. jaaws12

jaaws12 Avatar

I have tried this in Multi Player, Party, Open. I had someone else test with same basement and theirs worked. They came over and was able to reproduce the bug in my basement. Seems to only be the melee combat skills magic is working testing ranged now. Ranged Weapon skills work so its just melee weapon skill that are bugged in my basement
    UPDATE: Found it not only mine original tester was using non melee skills to test with. If a Close combat weapon skill is used ie pole arm, swords, bludgeon you get a message "You used "SKILL" but hit nothing.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@jaaws12, please stand in your house at the basement hatch, do the /bug command, and paste the results back in this thread. it'll be automatically copied to your clipboard ready to go.

4. jaaws12

jaaws12 Avatar

07/29/2018 00:52
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16331
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 GPU RAM: 4060
    SotA.Win.64.816.Date.07.27.18
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01a_template/Tempest Reef
    Area Display Name: Tempest Reef
    Loc: (-148.2, 89.2, -81.3)
    Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxUZW1wZXN0IFJlZWZ8KC0xNDguMTU5LCA4OS4yLCAtODEuMjYxKXwoMCwgLTAuMTc4LCAwLCAwLjk4NCl8MzM5LjU2NTl8MjkuMzQ3OTl8My4zOTYwMDc=

Alley Oop likes this.
  5. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

Can anyone in the bug brigade reproduce this? @Alley Oop

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

okay, went and checked, this is a row stone and timber one-story basement

went home to my basement (1-story mine village), practice dummy currently placed works fine with two-handed sword and with longsword

picked up dummy, switched out basement to row stone and timber one-story, placed dummy

getting the same thing OP was: autoattacks hit, but skill attacks with 2h or longsword say i hit nothing. so it's that basement.

suspect it may be related to
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...eeds-repro-special-attacks-do-nothing.136646/

so there are bugged places where mobs you can normally hit you can't and there are bugged mobs that you can't hit if they're too close to you no matter what the scene. some sort of navmesh calculation?

Spoon, Daxxe Diggler and Jaesun like this.
  7. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

8. Syznow

Syznow Avatar

I have the same issue in our guild house. When the dummy is placed it can be used as long as I am in the house. Once I leave the property, then member can no longer use the dummy until I return. So it appears that it can only be used while the property owner is on the premises. That's just so weird!

BTW, it doesn't matter who places it. I had guild member place it and it still stopped being usable once I left the property.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.