Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Visit Devotional Shrines

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by moxiepilot, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

08/19/2018 12:36
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: Still not fixed\....also see https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...wn-visit-the-devotional-shrines.103034/page-1
    Still not fixed. That was a waste of 2 hours. WTf
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12) System RAM: 16318
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPU RAM: 11127
    SotA.Win.64.819.Date.08.01.18
    Area: Novia_R5_City_Eastmarch
    Area Display Name: Eastmarch
    Loc: (21.5, 43.5, 147.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfQ2l0eV9FYXN0bWFyY2h8fCgyMS40NzUsIDQzLjUwMywgMTQ2Ljk3Mil8KDAsIC0wLjY1NSwgMCwgMC43NTUpfC05My4wMTk0MnwxNi42NjAyN3wxNi4yOTI1NQ==

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What is the specific problem you are having?

3. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Talk to every caretaker and nothing occurs. The quest is to visit and talk to the caretakers

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Have you spoken with any caretaker, and asked about each Virtue, to see if you possibly missed one? It’s really easy to miss one or two.

They will let you know which ones you have spoken too.

5. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Yes, this was my one and only goal for playing today. So I went to all. No distractions, no other quests.

Gia2 likes this.
  6. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

The quest is actually to visit one caretaker in each NPC town with a devotional shrine and say <virtue> to them, except replace <virtue> with their town's specific virtue. For example, in Resolute, you can say "courage" to one devotional caretaker to get credit, "truth" to one devotional caretaker in Aerie to get credit, etc. If you didn't get a caretaker to talk about their patron virtue, you won't get credit for visiting them in this quest.

Could you confirm for me that you said the special virtue word to each respective caretaker?

7. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

@Sannio Those actions you relate were performed, and the virtue word was spoken at each of the shrines to the caretaker(s).

Yesterday I found the resolution to the issue - when in Bookside at the last shrine, Ispecifically need to type "Banner of Spirituality" which will trigger receiving the banner. Typing that phrase in particular was not intuitive to receive the quest reward, and frusterating at best when I thought there was a bug. My best solution would be to review the other two closed threads related to this quest, which offer some pretty good ways to prevent an end user from hitting obstacles so they can acheive the end goal.

Gia2 likes this.
  8. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

That method for delivering the banner was used because the banner was added after the quest was already live. We needed to make sure players who already finished the quest and got the original reward could also come back and get the banner. For any player who earned but hadn't yet received have the banner, the caretaker's "goodbye" response included a mention that you to talk to them about the banner. Still, yours is a valid concern and we'll loop back around when we can and add better messaging about the banner. Issue #61361

Gia2, Jaesun and moxiepilot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.