1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Shroud of the Avatar Boxes Shipping Update August 20, 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Greetings Avatars,

We have an update from the manufacturer to share with all of you. There are three shipments and two versions of Shroud of the Avatar that are in physical boxes.

The two boxed versions are the Retail Version and the Collector Version. The Collector Version is the version that came with pledges that included physical goods through Kickstarter (or through our website prior to January 4, 2016). It contains exclusive items only available to backers and has a special sticker on the box demarcating it as the Collector Version. The Retail Version is the version of the box that does not contain those exclusive items and does not have the Collector Version sticker. We will be using the Retail Version for promotions and to sell on Amazon.

A small shipment of the Retail Version was shipped to Travian Games last week in order to help promote the game at Gamescom starting tomorrow (August 21st) with a series of giveaways. A larger shipment of the Retail Version will be going to Amazon at the end of August and should be available for purchase by mid to late September. We will post an update as soon as that version is available.

[​IMG]

The Collector Version will be shipping to Backers any day and should begin arriving at Backer's homes within the next few weeks depending on your location. Due to costs and complexities with customs we chose to not have tracking with these shipments. However you will receive an email from the manufacturer when your package is shipped. We will also post an update when we have final confirmation that shipping has begun.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  2. DarkStarr

added picture of Lord British with the boxes at Travian booth at Gamescom

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Looks like a typo there. Guess you wanted to say retail there.

4. Draugur2

Draugur2 Avatar

YESSSSSSS!

Cordelayne likes this.
  5. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

6. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

Due to costs and complexities with customs we chose to not have tracking with these shipments.

Ah..I never heard of that. So it's cheaper if you don't get a tracking number ?
    Anyhow, I won't be able to track my shipment. Hmmm..

Cormac MacArt and Koldar like this.
  7. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Thanks for the update, looking forward to it! I had a feeling any day now but I’m sure a lot of us have. The box looks good.

8. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

Can we get $50 Tracking Voucher to the Add-on store for those of us who wish to be able to track their parcels?

Will that email contain the name of the courier used by the manufacturer?

Cordelayne likes this.
  9. DarkStarr

doh! Fixed

10. Lancell Lancermane

Lancell Lancermane Avatar

ok so question is this .. due to my USPS doesn't always deliver anything it seems .. i have anything between bills to letters to boxes that go missing .. what do i do if i don't get my box .. since there is no tracking on it???? i would have been more than willing to pay for you guys to put tracking on mine ... wish we had that choice .. @DarkStarr

11. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I'm concerned about no tracking as well. I understand budget and all...but I would have chipped in another 5 bucks for tracking. @DarkStarr what happens when a package doesn't arrive? If I were you, I would anticipate many packages getting lost...USPS doesn't have the best track record. I hope you guys have some contingencies in place to deal with that.

12. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

@DarkStarr
    @Lord British

To all of the Devs,

You are coming close to the end of sooo many obligations you made to your early backers. I know it's been a long road for all of you but you have done it and done it well.

Congratulations to all of you.

Mavar, Archer, CatherineRose and 10 others like this.
  13. Meniketti

Meniketti Avatar

As a recipient of a Collector's box, should I expect delivery by the end of August, NLT the end of the first week of September?

14. Schneider DragonFang

Schneider DragonFang Avatar

Can't wait. Looking forward to receiving my collector's box and putting it into my collection.

15. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

No tracking.

Hope that will not backfire on you with damage control afterwards

16. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

hmm I find the tracking thing interesting. Though I'm not sure I understand the particulars. I ship a lot of lot stuff including international (boy did I ship a lot today.. Mondays.. anyway). International tracking is.. well let's say not very reliable. At least not through USPS. Tracking often stops when it arrives in the foreign country so most everyone outside the US won't likely know what's going on with their package once it gets past customs anyway. A lot of destinations won't have tracking once it leaves the US. All depends on where you live really.

I am unaware of any method (using USPS) where you can get guaranteed tracking in any country, but I do know that every package gets a tracking number regardless. I mean, how else is USPS (or any carrier) going to track the package in their own system?

17. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Yeah, there's GOING to be lost, mishandled, mis-sorted and stolen packages. That said, I'm sure Portalarium will have access to the tracking. (I should think). Like I just pointed out above.. there is ALWAYS a tracking number. It's just not being sent to us. What I'm not sure I understand is why cost / customs is a factor? I mean, does the manufacturer charge for an automated email with our tracking number on it? Or is Portalarium just trying to avoid having to handle damage control on international packages? (Which is totally understandable!!!). Cause let me tell you, once the package has left the US there is pretty much next to nothing you can do if the package doesn't arrive (on time) except tell your customer to check with their local post office or customs but a lot of people won't understand that.

Leostemplar, Nikko, 3devious and 3 others like this.
  18. Arianna

Arianna Avatar

This is a disappointing decision

19. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

It's not soooooo unusual. I would say I received 50% of my ks stuff without tracking.
    Non the less I would have preferred with tracking as well of course ^^

Cordelayne likes this.
  20. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all, It does not say they are shipping USPS (I hope they don't) but even when you use UPS or FedEx they usually hand over to USPS for the last leg of the delivery. Maybe talk to your mail carrier and ask them to put it in a different place for a while like in your vehicle or on the back porch. As for tracking numbers... They are not free. Standard shipping with all shippers do not include tracking numbers. There is a fee for the tracking numbers to the customer. Yes as @Bowen Bloodgood said all packages have shipping numbers for internal tracking but for customers they charge for it.

Either way I am waiting for my email that it has shipped. Moving my chair and TV out to mail box when I get it. Oh wait I need the small fridge also. Anyway the best of luck to all.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    Archer, Rhiannon and ebonmark like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.