Kickstarter... update it please.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Tachys al`Fahn, Aug 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Seriously. All it would take is a quick note over there with a title covering what the update is about, and a link back here to cover the details.

There are tens of thousands of people who subscribed to the game over there, and an update would reach people who probably don't even know these forums EXIST.

HoustonDragon, Salix, Nikko and 10 others like this.
  2. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Also... if you DO update it to reflect the launched status of the game, please do so after you fix the things that would immediately deter people from playing... like the quest system.

3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Are you asking for an email update to Kickstarter backers? That can certainly be done, and probably should now that the game is shipped.

If you are asking them to update the Kickstarter page, that isn't possible. Kickstarter locks the page when the campaign ends, so it is preserved.

Numa and Nelzie like this.
  4. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

I gotta Ask.....

Doesn't the weekly Emailed Update get mailed to all these people every week for the last 293 weekly updates?

Inquiring Minds Want To Know.

5. Hajias

Hajias Avatar

I didn't even back the project, I just Followed it and I got the regular emails that eventually lead me here.

Lazarus Long likes this.
  6. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Never mind... I posted in ignorance. While they may not be able to update the main page, they have been posting updates up until a couple of releases ago, it just appears that people are being too literal in regards to certain comments made over here, and also seemingly can't figure out what "launch" means. Right now, the comments section over there is being used as a SOTA subreddit alternative, and starting to look just as bad.

Please lock this thread, send out one final email update via KS, and consider updating one final time to reflect the following:

• Status of the game (Launched = Released)
    • Status of the physical goods, with a final reminder to come here to look for all future status updates
    Thanks, and sorry for leaping before I actually looked this time.

Numa, Brewton and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

??
    the last update was in may.

Mykll likes this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

They have a much smaller development staff, so there are just many things they just don’t have time for.

9. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

If they didn’t read the many KS email updates chances are they wouldn’t bother to check the KS page itself.

If I were port I’d ship physical post cards to all the KS physical game backers that didn’t link their KS to this page, the post card would say, link your account, confirm your email and we’ll ship you the physical game! (This would result in thousands of new players logging in).

Nikko and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  10. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I guess I'm in the minority. I receive regular email updates from them, Kickstarter when they update the page, email updates from youtube when videos get uploaded, email updates from threads I'm watching and new posts from the forum page.

I'm thinking of reducing it a little :)

11. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Sorry... not buying it. In the amount of time it takes to say "We don't have the bandwidth to update the page", they could have updated the page.

^^^ This was the primary reason for the post. It is the people who have been vocal in other places, the KS page being one of them, about the lack of a concrete update via the KS for whom I was looking to drum up support. That, and something that would remind a good many of them there was this game they backed years ago....

Derium likes this.
  12. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

I used to get the updates from Portalarium directly (based on my account with them) and until Spring this year, the monthly project update through KS.
    KS Updates stopped in May with R54... so all KS backers who have never registered with Portalarium or don't receive their newsletter wouldn't know about physical goods shipments.

I too believe the KS page should at least be updated with the physical goods status.

Mykll and Derium like this.
  13. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

As a KS Backer let me test this. Logged into the Kickstarter page. I see the last update was in May 2018...so I scroll over to the Comments page that lists over 11k comments and BAM!!!! Comments about the update from a link to these forums about when items will start to shift. Wow I am a KS and I found that I may finally be getting what I paid for. Wow that wasn't hard at all!

14. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Comments don't send notifications or email...

Mykll, Jens_T and Derium like this.
  15. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

SotA has a serious player-base issue. Beggars can't be choosers. Portalarium is trying to find new users and convince the existing playerbase to pre-fund Episode 2. And expecting "lost" KS to follow a discussion board to get updates is... unlikely.
    Even if most of the KS backers either signed up on this site or lost all interest, there might be a few KS users that will give SotA a second chance or actually haven't followed the development. Sending out the physical pledge rewards (even if it affects only 3-4k people) might be a good event for this.
    Last but not least - Portalarium is banking on good faith. Behaviour towards previous KS affects this - and for me communication is a major element of this.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    Mykll likes this.
  16. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

So that's what it looks like when you ignore someone bent on being a troll. Always did wonder...

Anyway, yes @Jens_T, that's exactly why I posted, even if the initial post was half-cocked and misinformed, the heart of it was to get some form of close-out communication to try and remind those that might not have followed the development of the game that not only do some of them have physical goods coming their way (IF they come here and sign up/update personal info), but that this finally crossed the finish line.

17. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

22,322 backers pledged $1,919,275 to help bring this project to life.

18. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Yes. You're kind of missing the point, it seems?

Edit: made it more specific about who didn't have their catcher's mitt on...

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  19. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

If I were port I'd have a telethon specifically to raise the money to ship out 22,322 post cards to 22,322 backers. Even the $5 guilt backers, everyone, it would result in a fraction of the 22k logging in and playing the game. I'd be gambling on ideas like this if I were port. The game needs thousands of new players, short of the most successful advertising campaign ever launched I'd be thinking outside the box on this one.

gtesser and Nikko like this.
  20. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

In the last thread where people complained about the Kickstarter page I posted this. seems it is needed again. Link you account and get up to the minute info!

Greetings all, just wanted to chime in and say that the kickstarter page does have the info on Physical goods. Last update was R54 may 31st but the info on physical goods was posted in updates on February 9th as seen here.
    [​IMG]

Also keep in mind that Port has said all along on the kickstarter page that you should link you Kickstarted account with the Shroud of the avatar website because it would be the primary place for information. AS @Elwyn said the password thing has tripped up many of us. It automatically puts something in the first password field when you go to your account page and profile but leaves the second one blank. I finally figured out that I have to delete anything in the password field before updating and it worked fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.