Crafting Workorders

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Spryone, Aug 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spryone

Spryone Avatar

Not sure if this has been asked for. I would love to have crafting workorders for NPCs that would have a monetary reward after accomplishing. This may help those who choose to spend time crafting as a profession instead of sitting in Upper Tears or whereever the latest place to gain exps and drops is. Crafting quality items to sell on a Vendor is great but I would love to have a system where an Avatar can gain experience and have a sense of purpose to all the burning through materials that we spend hours gathering. I can only make so many sets of armour for my guildies,friends, or customers. If I and other players could do a certain number of workorders per day that would be an encouragement I think for others also to be involved in the game.

2. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I like this idea. Or how about crafting orders from other players? Go to someone well known for a crafting skill and order from his vendor from a list of items usually offered with a price list. They get a work order create / ship the product (in game mail?).

Thoughts?

majoria70 likes this.
  3. Jayfire

Jayfire Avatar

Crafting orders from other players is pretty much the buy tab on a merchant

Witcheypoo likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I like the suggestion. I always wanted us to have tasks and dailies for those who want them. Work orders on player venders is another thing and while a valuable option it doesn't address the desire some players have to play more of a tasked game. If that makes sense. Giving our Npc merchants optional dailies will do a lot imo. I have always thought this and I do know some who have quit the game over it. Our fishing merchant needs to offer a daily for sure that perhaps requests we catch a certain fish. The rewards could be a bit of rarer bait or a special pole or even a new recipe. How about fishing line or fishing lures? Endless opportunities. The same with crafting merchants. Decoration merchants too could need some thing. Adding these tasks would be a big plus for the game.

I feel this has been a missing part of this game. Just giving quests like this in starter areas is not enough. Its ok to use there as a tutorial and that is necessary but not just for new players but any players. Some players want this daily structure and we should have it. They may not be into doing combat related things.

Witcheypoo, Spryone and Elrond like this.
  5. Spryone

Spryone Avatar

One of my biggest loves of SoTA is the crafting system. Ever since UO no one has been able to recreate the feeling of a crafter like it did. EQ2 came close but never reached the level we have now in SoTA. With such a great part of the game that can still be expanded through ideas like this and so many other aspects like the Dungeons upcoming crafting is going to make me want 36 hours in a day.

Witcheypoo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.