Because, actually, it's kind of weird

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Vladamir Begemot, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

10 hours before.....

Or maybe yesterday, a new player either here or in game was asking where the magic trainer is.

Because, actually, it's kinda weird that the Combat trainer teaches magic.

.... benefits of having magic teachers other than lack of confused people looking for the magic teacher: Ambiance. Magic teachers are magical. They have creepy shops. They are weird. It is an.... experience! /flowerleap

2. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

Haha, I like your input. Did you maybe experience a heightened experience to make you come to this conclusion? xD

3. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Vladamir Begemot, New users are always confused. If you look at the Skill Trees you have 2 rows. One is for crafting (blacksmithing, carpentry, alchemy, etc) and the other is for Adventuring (armor, weapons, magic, tactics, etc) Following that logic you should go to the adventuring trainer to learn Magic like you would go to a crafting trainer to learn alchemy. New users need a break and help but explain the game mechanics to them so they can answer similar questions they may have.

Nog likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They're called adventurer trainers.

Jaesun and Lazarus Long like this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yes, I spend a large amount of play time answering questions now, happily.

However, sometimes something comes across the desk that makes me take notice.... like "Why are Adventurer trainers (thanks @Barugon) teaching magic?"
    I know I specifically left that in the hands of the witches and the warlocks! And I know the Thieves Guild is supposed to be teaching Subterfuge at a very minimum, and we should probably get them to handle another tree or two.

Ok, fine. File this for Episode 4.

ebonmark likes this.
  6. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

It would be nice to have some more fluff for immersion - a magic trainer that looks the part.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    Witcheypoo, Nog, Jaesun and 1 other person like this.
  7. Gix

Gix Avatar

But a fair amount of them are found near Combat vendors/shops... not the Magic shops.

... Just look at Resolute, one of the starter towns, the NPC is hiding inside unlike the trainer in Aerie. There's a lot of weird stuff in Resolute, actually... like having to ask the guard to open the gate instead of opening the game yourself. Solania's gate doesn't require you to do that.

If there was some sort of generic dialogue for each town where any NPC could direct us to where we can find the things we're looking for, it'd be a lot better.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.