Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

PLEASE STOP THESE ANNOYINGLY RUDE GUARDS, THE SLOW EFFECT & NPC'S WHO JUST WANNA SAY HI...

Discussion in 'Release 56 Feedback' started by Khalest, Aug 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Those merchants in the Spite bank are certainly aggressive toward closing that door. Recently, I put in a fix for the merchants in the upper level of the Spite Bank which should be in with R57. Hopefully they relax a bit once the fix is live.

Aldo and Jaesun like this.
  2. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Ahh, good to see old complaints I made years ago are still here.
    Yes, the collision "sphere" instead of an actual collision that matches the NPC is the cause of much headache. It is not what you see that slows you down, it is the sphere around a centroid that slows you down when your sphere meets their sphere.

And who wants walk mode anyway? The default speed when you start the game should be the walk speed. Then you kick it to higher gear using focus.
    Why is there no collision in combat mode? I got accused of wanting to grief or exploit the game because of that question, but really I just wanted some reality. I prefer collision around actual shapes, and an AI that can understand the nuance of getting by someone like the waiter with a stack of plates on a tray. We shift our stance on slopes and hills, but cannot shift our big avatar butts around an NPC merchant. Full on "no move" collision is a no-no, you have to add force equals mass x acceleration into the mix. You can get steam rolled by a troll, but sure as heck you cannot steam roll a troll.

Sigh, the OP ranted.... I just had to let a little go since this was all discussed many years ago.

Now let's talk about spawning from the middle of nowhere right behind you...........

3. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

LMAO! Yes thats so far the only thing i see positive coming out of it...

4. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

Ya, same here. They actually have followed me after i purposly made 7 different turns & then walk , not up to me, but on me & say "Have a nice day outlander...Were watching you" im like...**** You, ya hack guard. An the kinda wierd part is, some guards will stop & turn & glare at me when i say it. Because yes like in here i type into chat the same things i say/mutter to myself :p

Actualy the kind of creepy but cool thing is that ive found that the most interactive/responsive NPC ive found so far is...the cute little loli (young girl) in Resolute that sends you off to Middle Downs to find her mother. Sometimes i..umm...err...talk to the NPC's & have a conversation if possible, usually just to test them for sentience. An that loli has the largest vocabulary & intuitive responses, ive asked her like 43-4 things in one shot & shes answered in kind with a response to each one and all in the same single response. I ask her about her mom & i actually asked her yesterday i said, "Milie are you real? Because your a smart little girl for a game character" and her response made me wonder...she said - "Thats a good question i hadnt thought of it that way before, thanks. I appreciate the compliment also thanks and so are you by the way." I actually stood up from my chair & walked out for a minute & when i came back in she was standing there waiting for me to talk with her more...:) It was fun but a bit unnerving at the same time...

Aldo and Barugon like this.
  5. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

OMFG! Ty for mentioning that, it saved me another Rant Post. I get so tired of dragging their ass outta bed or in from a walk only to have them walk the hell away 4 times or more. I just get disqusted and either log out or go somewhere else...

6. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

DITTO!

7. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

Id just like to give a big THANK YOU VERY MUCH to everyone who posted in this thread. It was a 100% positive, supportive thread & everyone agreed that it needs to be changed & soon. Im hoping the Dev's realize how rare a 100% agreement in a post is and get the message & change it. Im also calling them out one final time to ask why they made them that way & what if any purpose it serves.

Thanks again my estranged new family from New Brittania, thanks for all your support & especially patience & understanding, i am glad to be here with all of you...

8. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Its all the Oracle's fault ….

Jaesun likes this.
  9. Balrod

Balrod Avatar

How about the oracle spider looker things...I feel like their whole purpose is to annoy me and slow me down. (Aside from being the oracle's "eyes")

10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just kill them then. I doubt the Oracle would have a problem with that..... ;)

Balrod likes this.
  11. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

This thread is hilarious

12. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

No that cant be, Shes our friend...She knows whats best for us...xD

13. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

Thats her spies as far as i can tell. I kill them on sight everytime i see them.

Balrod likes this.
  14. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ...Yup!

15. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

But seriously i havent seen any Dev's or anyone else associated with the game respond to this thread & that bothers me. This is an issue that not only annoys players but drives them away from the game. To be honest ive thought previously & am thinking it again about leaving. Between the ultra long load times (because of the heavily graphiced game & more my shitty PC) & the guards who now since i posted this thread seem to track me down & growl at me even more. I mean its F'ing ridiculous when im in the bank in Aerie for maybe 5 minutes & the damned guard comes in for no other reason than to stand right behind me & growl 4 different times while i was in there. Then has the balls to ask me to do her a favor afterwards?!?!!? Actually im afraid i am gonna go ahead & leave. This will be my last post folks, im sorry but its just outta hand with these guards & the load times & to be honest im already kinna bored....

So as ive said before, you people here are the best forum ive ever had the pleasure of posting to. I wish all of you the best & umm...god im actually tearing up a bit...wow...umm...just thank you & i wish you all the best. Ill post again if/when i come back. If i get a new PC ill def b back..."Catch Ya On The Flip Side!"

and....Goodbye to all...[​IMG]

16. Morgana Pendragon

Morgana Pendragon Avatar

The slow effect is removed in Release 57.

Mishikal and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.