What if? Let it happen.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by majoria70, Aug 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello everyone. For those who don't know me I am Majoria in the game and always happy to help anyone. I've been Here since Nov 2013 rallying for this game.

The last two months though I've been away from the game helping my sisters take care of my ailing mom and spending time with her.

So I am back to rally one more time hard for this game. Now for any who take my rant/discussion as it being about fishing or any particular game feature instead of all of them you would be wrong. That is not the point of this thread.

IT'S NOT ABOUT FISHING. ITS ABOUT QUALITY AND FOCUS TO GET THESE SYSTEMS DONE. ITS ABOUT PROOF THAT THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN. THE TIME IS NOW.

The announcement for fishing will come on the September 7th Livestream and I want to hear that it will be a full featured update deserving of this game and that the next update could be cooking, agriculture, taming, bosses would be announced and that it will also be completed and deserving of this game. Rally communinty with me for all systems in this game. Say it now, say it loud. Please.

Some may not agree and may think it is ok to just have so so systems in the game and get excuse after excuse for this but I am not one of them and I am tired truly from years and years of this and hearing we are now at the last 20 percent and now is the time, well prove it Devs without sensationalized distractions from that focus. So here is perhaps a last push from me for updates that have been let go of year after year.

@DarkStarr, @Undone, @Chris, @Lord British, @Chaox, @Scottie, @dallas, @oneandonly, @Sannio, @Ikas, @BurningToad @Menja. @anyone still here to listen and who will listen. Come on Put fishing updates back on the standup notes listing work being done. There is much to do. Get er done. Ok So lets continue.

The fishing update I will expect will include:

-MANY TYPES OF FISH ALL OVER THE MAPS REQUIRING DIFFERENT BAIT TYPES, TYPES OF WATER, AND FISH WILL HAVE DIFFERENT WEIGHTS and THEY REQUIRE DIFFERENT LURES AND POLES AND POLES HAVE DIFFERENT LINE WEIGHT TO CATCH BIGGER FISH.

-NEW FISHING ANIMATIONS. I would expect a full update to give the system its features and get it done with and I am expecting that as we tick off each game system one by one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WE GET NEW RECIPES FOR FISH OF A HIGHER TIER AND FISHING MERCHANTS OFFER A DAILY QUEST TO ENTICE PLAYERS TO SEARCH OUT ALL THESE NEW FISH and cook them(hint hint for in game achievements) ;)

REWARDS FROM THE MERCHANTS COULD BE SOME RARER FISH BAIT, SPECIAL POLES THAT COULD CATCH A HEAVIER FISH, LURES, BOBBERS, ETC. FISHING THINGS.

THIS QUEST COULD BE RANDOMIZED TO CHANGE OUT BUT ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE TO ENTICE FISHERMAN TO FISH.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bait types examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-We need aggro types of fish/crabs etc and catching an old boot, a hand with a cursed ring on it, a message in a bottle.

-We need plant life to make our Rivers, lakes, and water ways feel more alive.

-and later when boating comes in we need sea monsters and treasures and fishing off of boats, and pvp sea battles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  2. Gix

Gix Avatar

I’m not saying it’ll never happen, but Portalarium seem pretty much set on polishing existing content.

If this is not about fishing, then I completely fail to understand your post/point. Could you provide a non-fishing example?

If it’s any consolation, you can loot clothing while fishing.

Cordelayne likes this.
  3. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Sorry, again.... so many more quality of life things that can be put in before fishing to actually get people to play and continue to play this game.

Its all numbers to me. If the 5 people railing on fishing quit because fishing didn't go in and the system they spent their time on instead brought in 1000 new people, Im gonna take that second option.

But by the way, this is all completely worthless to talk about... The devs have been clear about the fact that fishing is being done again very soon so why continue to rail on fishing?

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Go away @starrman. fishing update is coming in R58. I am happy to rally for any system you think is more fundamental and important on its turn than fishing . Right now getting all systems in this game to where they should be when it is their turn to get an update is what I am doing. I wish for every system to get its full featured update at it's turn. This game deserves that. So you say skip fishing and don't make it a good update because you say so. Yeah whatever. So if you are staying on my thread, lets hear your ideas to update this system properly since it is happening in R58.

Edited @2112Starman
    Ok sorry a little harsh from me. I am showing my impatient side today. I just want a good update for all systems and these are just normal things games have imo. I am making the last request for those things before they announce the update.

Salix, Tiki Pirate and FrostII like this.
  5. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

the more ways people can have fun and spend their time in game the better.

fishing has been a empty shell for a long ass time so what better time than the present to work on it. then move on to they next system.

Rael, Witcheypoo, Talynia and 4 others like this.
  6. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

7. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I don't know why so many people are interested in fishing in MMO's. It's not like in RL where you can be alone and ponder life with some scenery around you (assuming you ain't fishing at the pond in the local dump). Or when you go out with a group of people and fishing is actually secondary to having a good time with friends/family.

But I digress.

I don't mean to discourage fishing in SotA. I am just here to mention it seems like it is coming. And, just like a lot of other things in this (or any other) game, it might take a couple of iterations to get right. So just keep patient! Besides, it looks like you have your hands full with fishing in other games. :) And what's with the warships, holy moly are we going to war with the fishes?!? LOL.

BTW, if you want Kraken-style fish hunting and haven't already, check out Archeage or Black Desert Online to get your fix while waiting for SotA to catch up (if ever).

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You did not read my thread. It is not about fishing. You miss the point. Will every system update be a complete and full featured update or less than.? It's about completion. We have no bait and 3 types of fish. For some this will be their virtual world. Let all the barebones systems updates be good.

edited.

here is what I wrote.

and later when boating comes in we need sea monsters and treasures and fishing off of boats, and pvp sea battles.

9. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

@majoria70

My fishing girl!!

Fishing has been pushed back too many times.

R58 is it's time.... finally

Pvp got its love several times over. It's time to fish!

10. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

The devs said they were working on a monster for hilt lake.

11. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I am 100 percent behind all your ideas, Majoria. I'd also like to see some higher tier fishing recipes for cooking. Not only is fishing tedious - but there's no pay off. All the fishing recipes are the worse of the tier 1 foods (other than cookies and pie).

12. DAKelam1

DAKelam1 Avatar

@majoria70

@2112Starman is absolutely correct.....yes fishing is gonna get some updates in 58 cool.....however what you are asking for in scope is massive and honestly if they did something that massive it would take well more than 1 release and use so many resources that it would be irresponsible

This development team is already hemorrhaging money every month. They need to spend the majority of their resources (both time and money) in making changes that bring the highest returns on investment (aka new players)

If you want them to spend the next 6 months making fishing exactly how you feel it should be that fine that's your opinion, however know that by the time you were satisfied that your mammoth list of wants were fulfilled there might not be much of a game left to play unless you were offline

13. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

!fish

Enough said :D

14. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

The fishing ideas were large, numerous and the list long.

This started around R10 with the early backers giving all their ideas and the list was long and awesome.

If at this point the devs turn their back on it, there will be a revolution. I'm not kidding.

R58 is a polish pass. EP2 is when the other stuff comes in and EP2 according to DarkStarr is next year.

I've been waiting on the fishing release since R10. It better be done.

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well you may be newer even though it says 2014 but fishing was pushed for several years over and over and promised until one day it was not. There have been many years to speculate on this and I don't ask for more than the game deserves for any system. These are the things that will keep me here and bring some back and not just fishing.

We have gotten The Trials and why in the World are there not events regarding these and players say they are empty? Well this game has developed into a huge MMO style which was not originally the idea.

Devs perhaps thought that players would just make their own content and some will and some won't and those that won't will eventually leave to a game that has a bold lettering pop up on the screen announcing an event is about to start in 5 minutes or so.

Things like Wintergrass in Wow where factions jumped in and waited at the top of the hill for the Horn to go off and ran down the hill on foot or mount to capture all the waypoints and do the various side quests. Now this was excitement that we do not have here and we do need it too as optional.

The trials should never have been without various games and incentives being announced in bold letters like "The trials are starting in 5 minutes" and a airship opens up on the maps and closes if y0u are too late a few times a day for all timezones with a daily for it. When you enter you choose your faction and then the other team is all red to you and there you go.

Everything we get is player content but incentives are sorely lacking. Notes get lost in our chat windows when they should pop up on screen. Ok and as said this is not about fishing only this is about all systems. Hopefully we will get better updates for all systems of the game one by one and events, dailies and large notifications as these events happen even if it is a fishing event that a fish swallowed a tax-free village deed and more and send us off to catch it.

16. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

I'll be honest if they made these changes and they require different bait types,lures,poles etc...I probably won't even touch fishing at all I just want a single pole and bobber if I were to fish.

Xul Rasha likes this.
  17. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

My biggest issue with fishing (and other systems) is that changes were promised and cancelled multiple times.

I'm not going back through the release notes but fishing updates were promised at least three times, then struck out, then vanished and forgotten.

Agriculture, etc... So much of the basic systems are just shells.

At this point we are driving a new car we bought 6 months ago and the dealership still hasn't installed the rear seats, windshield, spare tire, and we should be getting the rest of the sparkplugs any day now.

Finish out the main systems.

We've jumped out of the plane before the parachute was finished. Yeah yeah, "mmo's are never finished" - would you like to pay Netflix full price for half the content?
    /Rant

18. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

I'd imagine you can play to the level of depth you desire. Part of adding depth to the system is to provide a basic capability and then add depth for those who are interested in it.

By Tor likes this.
  19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Fishing, taming, agriculture, cooking are examples of main systems put in as barebones and never updated. This is unacceptable. I agree with you lets get these to a much better state. Then we can hold events around them. One time I was asked to come up with a fishing event by someone I will not mention and I had to say flat out that I could not come up with anything. We have nothing. We have 3 types of fish, very few recipes, no bait but worms, and no weight for fish to catch the largest fish. We must get that in.

Agriculture could actually get fertilizer added to it. Cooking could have more of a use for lower end foods and perhaps even spoil or if more skilled we could make better food or discover a special recipe occasionally when cooking and get other skills added to it.

Edited spelling

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  20. idaniod

idaniod Avatar

I am not disagreeing with you in any way … however.. taming and agriculture have both been modified since their original inception.. so they have in fact been updated - which is not to say that there isn't room for improvement.

majoria70 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.