What if? Let it happen.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by majoria70, Aug 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

Fish is brain food! It makes you super intelligent. Improves your vision too.

3devious likes this.
  2. Floors

Floors Avatar

!!fish

3devious likes this.
  3. Corv

Corv Avatar

Why the heck not? She loves fishing and wants to post suggestions about how to do it, NOTHING wrong with that.

4. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I wasn't trying to offend. I read your post, and, again, no offense, but even though you said you weren't talking specifically about fishing you did mention fishing again (after saying you weren't just talking about that) and then posted a bunch of pictures about fishing and sea life. And I liked it, personally.

My point was more about wanting grand systems. We all want that in one (usually our own) variation or another. For example, dungeons are that for me. And to my point, those things take time. Like you (I imagine), I am willing to wait. I know people want what they want NOW, but we are willing to wait. That's why I mentioned iterations. We'll get something, it won't be fleshed out, but over time it will. Like fishing. :) Cheers.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  5. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Consider my mind blown.

Personally, I just want to know when they are going to release the dragon they once showcased on the Overworld near Brittany.

6. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

The hilt lake monster was talked about quite some time ago.

It is suppose to be something akin to the monster of the lake in the Tolkien story.

A lab experiment of the Obsidians if I remember correctly.

7. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I don't want to stir up a hornet's nest if this idea from UO was bad or hated (I heard about it but I also recall reading some negative thoughts - I don't know the full details), but what if they introduced a system letting players run things like moderators in game? I forgot exactly what they were called. The closest thing like it is Hospitallier, but they just help. This is like helping, but with people like Majoria doing fishing events. The idea of having popups to tell of upcoming events (we get a book, and website news, but that's not enough). Could it be exploited? Sure, anything can, I guess. Just an idea...

8. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

Good post, lots of great ideas in there! I hope everything you said gets implemented. It would be awesome to see everything Port does be quality and fun!

Good job rallying for awesome fishing and all other systems! :)

Agree 110% ;)

Witcheypoo, Elrond and majoria70 like this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

yeah sorry I was being a bit defensive. Really asking for fish types and locations, bait, fish recepes, poles, lures, and weight for fish is what should have been there. Really what I do mean is that for me if they can do this right in the way we have been asking for years while it was pushed over and over then I will have a bit more faith to get other systems done. and for whoever mentioned Agriculture, we do not even have fertilizer even though it is listed.

So being here all these years hoping and waiting for updates and *barebones systems* was always their words for our systems. I know a lot of players are excited about dungeon making and I have posted feedback on it too. I do doubt that having that will fix the game or be as great as players imagine since I have played games with dungeon makers and while it was fun getting them made then very few will use them and imagine there will be zillions of them. I hope for all those excited that we can pull it off but never instead of not finishing promised things such as fishing, cooking, agriculture and more taming things players have asked for. If dungeon maker failed as I suspect it could then we still have our current systems that are embarrassingly not rich enough in details and purpose. So here's hoping for them ALL.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  10. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

I'm really hoping for some improvement of basic systems. This game has many problems; but, a great deal of potential as well. The basic systems need to be fleshed out for a few reasons:

-Provide alternatives to the daily grind, draw a larger player base, and help retain them.
    -Add to the economy - more diversity!
    -More diverse and better events, sorry - many people, myself included, are not into dance parties. I would rather fish or hunt treasure.

Often times people come off as negative - myself included. But, we really want what is best for the game. Too many people that post here are "yes, yes, yes.. everything is awesome"

Well its not, and that is OK as long as progress is made - and it often is; however some basic systems remain placeholders - and that is not acceptable anymore.

I wish my kids did everything expected of them without me nagging, but sometimes you need to get on their case to get things done.

11. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Fishing definetly needs some improvements.
    I have never seen such an basic and worthless fishing system in an released mmo.

So either improve it now or just completly remove it.

majoria70 likes this.
  12. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Like bag mode, see how many people fish and if low enough just remove it.

Nietzsche likes this.
  13. ship2

ship2 Avatar

Someone's sincere interest in reminding development about promised features that have been taking a back seat for years is hardly worthless. Especially an epic post like the OP.

Witcheypoo, Alioth, Salix and 2 others like this.
  14. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

This fishing fundamentalism always eluded me since the dark age of mmos.

15. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

What i would like to see with fishing

1.- Different fish size give different amount of meat when butchered... i dont see any point of having different fish size if it doesnt result in more meat.... the buffs from fish food has to be on par with the current food system ..some regular .. and some the equivalent of dragon food ( for very rare fish food).
    2.- Different fish type not just for consumption but for deco also i want all sizes all colours and i wanna take them home put them in a bowl or in my bathtub or a small aquarium until we get ( fish ponds as deco)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3.-I want to see very rare exotic creatures ( mermaids or sea horse or...) we can fish and place in small aquariums in our homes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. I want to be able to enchant/ masterwork fishing rods with enchants that increase chance to catch a rare fish or chance to catch a bigger fish so on
    5. I want to fish shells i can use the meat for food and the shell to make shell armor ... Shell Armor would be a great armor for water magic ...very tough but with very low fizzle for water magic.

For example a Sea Shell Armor Shield
    [​IMG]

6. I want to see very rare drops from shells like white pearls that can be used to enhance a piece of armor or weapon....or it can be used to enhance jewlery....and most of the time to see them drop black pearls (reagent) when opened.

[​IMG]

7. The seas are full with riches...and plants ...so i want to see fishing bags caught from time to time that give all sorts of plants , gems ,pearls , or some unique gear from a dead pirate or a component used in crafting from a strange aquatic creatures .

8. Treasure maps interface .... Treasure map parts dropping from fishing bundles ... to complete a map youd need 4 or more map parts. Once the map is complete you can go to a certain location and dig out a treasure chest that will reward you handsomly with a unique item so on.

... to be continued...

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  16. Stella Moon

Stella Moon Avatar

I like @majoria70 's idea about a fish swallowing a tax-free village deed and more. It would be great if some fish had really nice prizes in them, and not just at a fishing event, but any time. That would be fun!

17. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Id like to mutilate player's and use their limbs, ears etc. as bait

(Silence)

18. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Last time I checked, I could go fishing perfectly fine.

19. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

A comparison of what the Kickstarter and releases said about fishing vs. what we currently have would be VERY constructive. Wish lists, unfortunately, muddy the water (pun intended). While they have their place, it would be separate from the conversation of what was promised vs. what we have. Bear in mind what was promised should be subject to change. Proof: think of anything you promised or were promised in real life, then compare what you gave or got.

20. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

While all the suggestions for improvement to fishing are great (and I hope they all get in), I wouldn't get my hopes up that the fishing update will be that robust. I can see it *becoming* a robust system over time, but with the smaller dev team, it's going to take time (which I know, no one wants to hear).

However, that being said, I am hopeful they will make improvements that will be worthwhile, since fishing does need some love.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.