More Passive Bars would be nice ( Quality of Life Improvements)

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Elrond, Aug 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

While i was in obsidian trials noticed that preparation time of 1 min wasnt enough for me to buff up...switch to buff deck..cast this ..this.. this once done with buffs switch back to combat deck open inventory start adding 10 mins potions to passive bar ...start buffing up with potion....remove them from passive bar add imbued healing and focus pots ....

This can be so easily solved if you allow us 1 or 2 more customizable passive bars ....allow us to drop one on right side of screen or left and 1 at the bottom.

Would be quite an improvement to be able to keep potions and other buffs all on passive bars.

Vrunk Hrrk, Nog, amarious and 15 others like this.
  2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I totally agree! We need more hotbars for out of combat stuff (whether it be for potions or pet summons or travelling skills, etc.) and hopefully one day we will get an extra one for just emotes too!

Some games allow you to preset different hotbars, and then cycle through them with either a hotkey assignment or up/down arrows.

This keeps it so that you can only see 1 hotbar at a time, but it makes it easier and faster to switch between the setups you typically use often.

I think that would be pretty simple to implement and would be a good enough alternative if "more than one active bar" isn't something they want to give us.

FrostII, majoria70, Tywen and 2 others like this.
  3. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

I was originally against this, but now am so for it. An additional (and placeable either horizontally or vertically) passive bar is a serious quality of life improvement that can limit the amount of passive bar juggling we're forced to do with a single one. Being able to hide/reveal it as needed to avoid UI clutter would also be great.

4. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

THIS!

I'd love to see this implemented. I'd pay for it even. @DarkStarr - Couldn't we make something like this (or other easy to implement features) into a livestream stretch goal?

majoria70, Tywen and Witcheypoo like this.
  5. Tywen

Tywen Avatar

probably one of the things i'd like to see most is access to more passive bars. would it be nice if they could be on the screen as some player mentioned, so you have access to your potions and emotes and buffs and such, sure, that would be the best.

but even if there was just an alt passive bar or two, that could be switched to like switching combat decks. maybe even tie the passive bar to a combat deck. change your deck and the passive changes too, just like your skills and armor and weapons.

to constantly be swapping out glyphs, even for things like farming and such, its just a pain.

this is something i'd even be willing to pay for out of the cash shop, for a reasonable amount. kind of like bank slots, buy additional bars for 5 bucks each.

and while we're on the subject, i would also be willing to pay for additional combat decks under the same guidelines. a reasonable price, and you could have more combat decks to avoid having to keep changing them them. (yes, i use all of mine and often change some of them).

i ;think 10.00 would probably be the high point that people would be willing to pay for additional decks, but if you could buy combat and passive decks, i think you'd make a lot of money off a lot of people. most of us are willing to pay for quality of life issues. :)

thanks for your time and consideration.

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I had really high hopes for the trials to get goals and battle events and games to play being announced through out the day. Like the capture the flag event is starting in 5 minutes with special rewards an extra token today. Can we please capitalized on our systems instead of having emptiness? @Chris. I am not a huge pvper but I would play a game. I just loved the Winter Grass games in WOW. Feed the players please. Don't just put empty systems in this game and expect players to jump in. Things have to happen to entice, and get us there. Announcements to pick up a quest from a merchant and that the event will be happening (in game announcement of course across the middle of the screen) too must happen. Otherwise we will continue in emptiness. Events need to happen. Giving an MMO game player content will not facilitate the masses once a dungeon is built, it is just built. It does not mean anyone will ever use it after that.

Elrond and Daigoji Gai like this.
  7. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

One thing I like about this game is not having excessive amount of bars on screen. I've always hated that about most MMOs. NWO was the perfect example of doing more with less. While I could concede it for PVE, I think adding it to PVP is atrocious.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  8. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I'm not sure it could be a "add only for PvE, but not PvP" thing; when we think of these things, we need to think of them in a way that works for both worlds. I think @Tywen 's suggestion of swapable utility bars (like we do combat bars) may balance your concerns with the need to be able to swap for different tasks.

If it doesn't, how about just letting us put "utility bar" items on our combat bar? I know that may not solve what @Elrond 's concern is, but it would atleast let us stop the juggling for farming -_-.

Astor Cerberus likes this.
  9. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

I think a total of THREE utility bars would be a sweet spot, just put a little up and down arrow on the current utility bar so I can flick them up and down.

10. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

No need for more bars, just have little up/down arrows at the end and --- wala --- problem solved.
    So, I'm all in for another bar or 2 to "cycle" thru . ;)

Dangit, @ebonmark 'ya beat me to it...:p

11. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

My concern is more along the lines of players overbuffing with everything and becoming a P2W style.... because they can afford to and will buy every potion imaginable to put on. people who don't have the recipes etc are then at an immediate disadvantage.

PVP should be mostly about skill... not what you can buy and buff in an instant.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  12. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

PvP, smeeveepee..... It's high time Chris realized that nerfing anything because of silly PvP complaints is killing the primary player-base of this game.
    PvP is a very serious minority in SotA, and getting things "balanced" in the direction of PvP is a big mistake.
    My opinion, of course..........

Witcheypoo, Nog, Tywen and 1 other person like this.
  13. Tywen

Tywen Avatar

This is already something that can be done. A player can already remove all the stuff on their utility bar and put all the potions on it. Irregardless of my feeling towards PVP, your statement against additional utility bars has no basis in fact. More bars would make it simpler, since you wouldn't have to change out everything, but then, that would make it easier for any player to have a potion bar, to use in any situation. and all potions are available in game, not thru the cash shop, so there is no P2W aspect to that.

Extra bars are a simple quality of life issue that means one doesn't have to constantly change out items on the single bar that exist now.

Witcheypoo and Elrond like this.
  14. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

It can be optional ...you go to option tick something and have 1 extra passive bar .

Witcheypoo likes this.
  15. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Hmm, tricky one.

It's quite a challenge, sometimes fun, often frustrating, in managing the breadth of options available on the existing passive bar. I'm pretty sure this is intended. I think we are meant to be challenged on what to load up with in terms of buffs and potions and set off into danger. And yet we have multiple combat bars. Not with the up or down arrow, but essentially the same effect with the deck system.

We can't use Potions and other alchemy buffs straight from the Inventory, if they're not on the passive or combat bars they are locked. This seems pretty firmly for a reason. I'ma gonna sit on the fence on this one pending Dev input :)

16. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Every MMO game ever that allows this???

Just NO!

And just because it's not in the cash shop, doesn't stop it from being P2W. There are the haves and have-nots in this game, based on selling stuff for IGG. Doesn't change the fact that it's IGG, if money is made from selling add-on stuff. There are people that could go and buy everything out without batting an eye.

17. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I understand where your concern is, my point is I'm not sure it's possible to limit something like this to "only PvE," or at least not in a way that wouldn't just get undone in two releases when everyone complained that the random extra limitations when you're PvP just discourage becoming PvP even MORE.

If a change where made, it would be best if it was done being mindful of your concerns, rather then trying to limit it to "just PvE." In the end that seems to me like it would, in effect, just be an end run around addressing what you're bringing up, because ultimately, I believe, it would be applied to PvP as well.

18. Tywen

Tywen Avatar

unless you create an arena where everyone is given exactly the same armor and weapons and potions, etc.. you will never truly find an equal fight. someone is always going to have the advantage. it's the very nature of pvp to gain as much advantage.

most pvpers in other games i play, generally gank new, young players, instead of fighting someone of equal ability. but i digress, i'm not here to argue the merits or not of pvpers. My point is, rarely is any pvp scenero really equal. there will always be people in the game that farm more, build better weapons, etc.. to gain that advantage. and perhaps the biggest point of all, its not like you can't clear your passive bar now, and put 10 potions on it before going into pvp if that's what you want to do.

my point is that i'm tired of constantly swapping out night vision for candle, or making space for watering plants and planting seeds, only to have to replace those. that sort of thing.

i really don't believe that putting in an extra passive bar that you can switch too (you have 1 up at a time), would really cause any advantage in a pvp scenero.

doesn't seem like we';re going to agree on this, but thanks for the discussion. hopefully it will stir some thought among the devs. :)

Witcheypoo, Tiina Onir and ebonmark like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.