Release 57 Stretch Goals.... Are you excited?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Synergy Blaize, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Another content packed weekly Community Livestream is this Friday August 31 at 4 PM CDT on Twitch!

This week we are going to talk about Tier Markers. Keith "Sannio" Quinn and Travis "Vas Corp Por" Koleski will be explaining how we label each scene with a Tier Marker to indicate the level of challenge of that scene. They will be using our existing scenes like Hallowed Plains to illustrate how the system works and highlight some of our recent changes to the system including the addition of the "+" to indicate varying degrees of challenge and the addition of Tiers 6-10 (was previously only 1-5) to better indicate higher levels of challenge for our top level players.

In exciting news this Friday is the first Friday where all purchases from noon to midnight count towards the Release 57 Stretch Goals which are dungeon themed in honor of the upcoming Player Made Dungeon feature which is previewing in Release 57 and going live in Q4!

• $10K: /rolldice
    • $25K: Flame Trap Decorations (non-harmful)
    • $35K: Candle Helm
    • $50K: Spike Trap & Arrow Trap Decorations (non-harmful)
    • $65K: Unique Dungeon Entrance Eternal Pattern
    • $80K: Torture Set: Torture Chair, Torture Table, Rack
    • $90K: Key Themed Weapon Set: Sword, Mace, Polearm
    • $100K: Unique Dungeon Room Blueprint

Personally, I won't be building a dungeon, but it will be interesting to explore other players creations.
    Since I'm not building a dungeon, & no archer reward is involved, the stretch rewards are leaving me quite underwhelmed this month :(

Witcheypoo, Rentier, StarLord and 3 others like this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I already bought an entrance, looking forward to dungeons! Still plotting mine out on graph paper, and the logic. :D

3. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

I am very excited this time :D. Just one thing, please make the traps harmful or at least make it an option @DarkStarr. Thanks.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  4. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

I am extremely excited for these rewards. Like Jaesun i have bought my entrances, and these items could/will help create the dungeon feel we need.
    Would really like the 100K unique dungeon room blueprint but will be happy at the 80k Torture Set.
    Synergy, i'll buy your sets when we receive them ;)

5. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I am intrigued by the "Key Themed Weapon set" are they talking something off the wall like as is shown in that... Disney video game and some anime? That would certainly be different and interesting...

6. MythosTMC

MythosTMC Avatar

I am also excited by the stretch goals this month. The player made dungeons is an amazing feature. Now with stretch goals to go with it, it's even better.

7. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

Yes, it's plain and simple, this time we have to achieve the 100k stretchgoal.

Senash Kasigal, Witcheypoo and K1000 like this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i hope that flame trap can be pot deco. it'd be perfect on the ceiling of a clocktower.

9. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I like those stretch goals. I already think off getting it for all my accounts. Those traps are perfect for community events. Will have to by plenty traps from others.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  10. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

The traps for the stretchgoals are purposely meant to be non-harmful for purely decorative purposes (think the big pyro effects at concerts).

In contrast you will be able to craft (or purchase) and place harmful traps and trap filled hallways in your dungeons.

11. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

The key themed weapons are inspired by Kingdom Hearts but will not be cartoony like those were.

12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Tbh I find the traps cool, the only thing on this list I really want is the rare blueprint. Based on trend history we wont get to it.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  13. Chemical

Chemical Avatar

It's a meh for me, i'm subbed so what ever we get I will get it anyways.

Cordelayne and Synergy Blaize like this.
  14. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yeah, nothing exciting there for me (personally) either. Most exciting thing is the emote ;) No pretties. =-(

Cordelayne and Synergy Blaize like this.
  15. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Awesome, I was just thinking that, less cartoony, more Terry Gilliam-y!

16. mccpz

mccpz Avatar

candle helm and keyblade sound pretty exciting.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  17. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Sweet. That's actually very cool!

Witcheypoo likes this.
  18. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Mixed opinion on these. More dance party stuff... ugh... but the good stuff at the expensive levels seem like they would be fun for a dungeon (and more wep templates, yay). I would like to see more dungeon related stuff earlier.

I was going to make some more bigger purchases (bundle upgrades) but will probably hold off this time until they get more things in that benefit how I play the game (and in my opinion what most people play a game like this for... aka... not dance party stuff). Im gonna keep speaking my opinion with my $$$.

Brent S and Synergy Blaize like this.
  19. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Whilst I am not excited by the stretch goals, and like you, this month my contribution will be minimal, the goals are not really dance party items, apart from perhaps "/roll dice"?

This is a pic of one of the flame traps... it's pretty snazzy if you are building a dungeon.
    [​IMG]

20. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I feel like we keep seeing the same things oh look, another sword, oh look, another polearm. Between the telethon weapons, and the addon weapons, and the many, many weapons you can get in game via salvage, these are less exciting, particularly to players who don't use that particular weapon -type-.
    • Some things , like wands, have zero in game options, zero founder options, zero buyable options, and to date, 2 telethon options only (3, when we get silver serpent wand, which is delayed, *cry*).
    • Other things, like swords, you can get in-game (messers and limestone swords and khopeshes and slag swords and chainswords for 1h, katanas and flamberges and montantes and elven koncerz and elven estoc for 2h), there's plentiful telethon options for both, there's pledge rewards/founder stuff, there's bundle stuff, there's addon stuff. A sword user has dozens of choices, many of which are cheaply obtainable.
    I suggest that we try to back-fill the items that there aren't so many of! Both in telethon reward terms and in-game acquisition terms.

Armor tends to be a good reward, as even if its not your 'type' its got cosmetic applications, particularly dye-able pieces and/or its displayable. Particularly need more chain/plate, as they're still a bit 'lighter' in terms of options. And maybe some helmets that don't look like you're wearing a tin can, though I suppose we can hide helmets now, so less of an issue.

Small deco items tend to be a good reward, most people have at least an inn room where they could display such things.

I continue to re-iterate that we should get some cool, interactive, and functional stuff:
    - Alternate crafting table styles, perhaps some that are more compact (or pattern your expert tables with em!) Maybe a distillery table that only does brewing recipes. Necesssary? NO. Cool? YES.
    - Interactive things, ala teletype, that you or your guests can fiddle with
    - Mood ring - like cuttlekin/frogkin but changes your color depending on ….mood....in some secret way that players will have fun figuring out.
    - Evil Kobold Dishwasher Contraption. Placeable. Feed it rusty silverware, it spits out metal scraps.
    - and so on....things of whimsy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.