1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 57 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

Please fix the Cabinet of Virtues animation (5 months)

Thanks for making the puzzle box work and allowing us to place the Geisterseelen.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  2. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

I agree with you...
    Trammel DID save UO. There's a lot of Old Time (Rose-Colored Glasses) Nostalgia about the "The PVP Good Ole Days" in UO.
    Here, if you want to PVP just permanently flag yourself for PVP = Felucca equivalent.
    But there really isn't that many players who actively "want" to do that in Shroud.

And Yes, there is a lot of similarities between the launch of UO & Shroud.
    Both had/have their initial visions on what the game would be. Gaming has evolved in the past 20 years & most of us have played many different games.
    They are active-listening to player feedback & implementing changes as required (but sometimes depending on the complexity, the changes take time to implement)

I too, am looking forward to a better future for Shroud, with a much higher player retention rate.
    We all need new players who stay & help build the Community, which will help fund continued improvements & additions to Shroud and in turn will help create a solid player economy.

@DarkStarr
    The Dev Team deserve massive Kudos!
    Considering you are working with a smaller Team, you are working extremely hard & the content of R57 is amazing!

Verit, Elwyn, Cordelayne and 7 others like this.
  3. Black777Lodge

Black777Lodge Avatar

Another milestone, thank you Portalarium for your work ! The game is getting better and better !

gtesser and Synergy Blaize like this.
  4. Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams Avatar

Thank you to the team you continue to make this game better and better.
    Have to wonder when any of you get to sleep, but that is also a player problem so much to do.

Love your work @DarkStarr

5. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

A great release. For what it's worth in terms of the Felucca/Trammel debate, on the Europa shard it was Felucca that was the empty wasteland while Trammel flourished for many years and was a fantastic place to spend my in game time.

The notion that everyone wants an open PvP dysfunctional gaming experience is a fallacy.

6. oplek

oplek Avatar

.. and when people get used to that, and it's not enough anymore, and they stop logging in? Do we just keep cranking it up?

Verit, Alley Oop and Kabalyero Kidd like this.
  7. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I don't think so. I suspected for a while that x2 experience gain was an experiment and its impact being monitored. It may have started as an incentive but I think it moved on from that. Starr says as much in his notes.

The real driver of level gain is how many points you need to level and how these exponentially ramp up as you get higher. Most of us have noticed how beyond around level 80 things flatten out and beyond a 100 it's a huge grind to get one level. That's not withstanding that a few extra levels doesn't mean an awful lot at higher levels in terms of combat performance which is more about builds vs mob types, which is probably how it should be

I expect the new base line for experience gain will enable new and lower level players to level a bit faster and maybe mid and higher level players to see a bit more output for their efforts, but flattening out up the curve.

gtesser, Jaesun and Witcheypoo like this.
  8. oplek

oplek Avatar

I give it a month before people start complaining that 2x isn't enough.

Elwyn, gtesser and Kabalyero Kidd like this.
  9. Elay

Elay Avatar

What a fantastic release, so much stuff, absolutely brilliant. This game gets better and better every month, loving it.

Really well done Port, you've excelled yourselves.

10. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

Ack still no charging/stacking of stat buff spells. Nooo.

Echondas likes this.
  11. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

They ruined the "no publisher" bonus with the rushed SotA release and the press was also not impressed by the unfinished state.

12. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

Pretty excited to see this new update! It has many new things I am going to have to play with..... Global Banks... YEAH

13. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Maybe they will, but a lot of the people complaining before have 2 years into the game and thousands of hours of play and are not happy with their progress. So ya, maybe in a year there should be another look at it. Its till, by far, the best decision this dev group ever made.

Greyfox, Synergy Blaize and Arradin like this.
  14. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

I have to concur with a few others here: you guys must never sleep. How in the WORLD did this small team put this much work into the last 30 days? Kudos to the team. I'm looking forward to creating new flowers to sell and keeping my dye supply stocked for the new potential furniture-dying customers out there. Eagerly awaiting my box to arrive and am grateful for the company I have coming this weekend to keep my mind off it for a few days.

15. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Don't care.....I don't think it was rushed at all. And the press knocked the hell out UO when it was released, yet it's still going and profitable.

16. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

I am looking forward to trying out the dungeon test. I am also curious to see how this affects the economy over time with the double exp. I imagine it should balance out but it will definitely make mining and node gathering more incentivized. Good notes in all! :)

DarkStarr likes this.
  17. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We are looking at it. Stay tuned

Barugon, Jaesun, Pawz and 2 others like this.
  18. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

oh, we haven't even got the 2xp yet and that's already happened. (although in rereading it may be ironic, i sometimes miss that)

19. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Thank you!

20. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

They are all there. You just have to find them. HINT: There is only one scene that currently has a couple of them...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.