Where is everyone?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Decarpo, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

If they're like me they are out hunting...I don't normally hang out in towns unless I'm buying something.

2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Assuming you yourself aren't in party or private mode, the basic problem is that the world was sized for a lot more players than we have right now. There are just too many places you can go.
    Exactly. And if you sort by location, you'll see that aside from a few popular areas like Upper Tears and The Rise, almost everyone is in a different place. In those popular areas, they may be in party mode, but it doesn't matter when they aren't in the same zone as you to begin with. There are also times when a particular player owned town may have a gathering.

Cordelayne likes this.
  3. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

I really hope you enjoy the game and stay for the journey but the quoted 'friends' list shown is in the harsh reality of the game mechanics primarily your portal list; mines comparable and like the majority of folks in game it's used purely to hop around the map as a form of convenience. Expect random friend requests for this sole reason for 95% of people. I gave up on initiating chat as most folks just want your location, yes I'm sure there are some that communicate with their entire list and only add actual friends too but don't get too excited and expect to be culled from the list when runebooks get added in game, it won't be anything personal.

Best way to make friends is to look up the guilds in game and join one that's friendly and has a larger player base that does the stuff you like in your time zone; don't be fooled by the flash websites it's the people that you play with that counts and makes you come back for more. I poke fun at @E n v y our GM on a daily basis mainly via whatsapp cos he deserves it ;)

Gaelis, 3devious and E n v y like this.
  4. Thadeus Crook

Thadeus Crook Avatar

It's great to have you here!

3devious, Jaesun and Rhiannon like this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

R57 goes live in 45 minutes. Expect to see me running from the Resolute area to Central Brit a couple minutes later. The game.... has changed.

6. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

I think the ability to let us automatically switch to open mode when we enter the overworld and towns or even just towns would be great so +1 to that

There are little visual hints that people are around that you may have missed though. If you are in the overworld and you see a town with smoke coming from the chimneys, that means there are people present in it. Whether they are in open mode to see or party mode to be in their own instance is a different matter, but at least you can see all of the little towns with smoke coming out of the chimneys and know there are people around you.

Steevodeevo likes this.
  7. Floors

Floors Avatar

Towns are dead empty because there's no incentive for players to go in there. That might change in R58 or later with Player Dungeons. At least I hope so. The design decision to not allow hunting, mining, gathering, searching for secrets or adventuring in town locales - it was a bad idea.

You will see players if you go to where they are and you are not in private or solo mode. For example, you'll see players hunting in ulfheim, you'll see them in the starter cities and towns, and various other places, like the lost vale.

Places you'll never see them ? any PvP zones except the Obsidian Trials.

If you're feeling lonely, start a group for an activity you want to do and party up. Even doing a 2 player group around an activity like hunting can be fun.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    Fungus, Cordelayne and By Tor like this.
  8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Right... instead of being out abroad and not in a town, now they're going to be... inside a dungeon scene and not in a town scene. Oops.

StarLord likes this.
  9. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

I have been asked this question for a long time. It really makes me think about the Multi options, Perhaps some indication of this would be in order. What I mean here is, If you have a guy in multi and a guy in private, perhaps add some indicator of comfort, Like the little light as if someone is a ghost to represent said persons on the "other side" The thought here is to give a indication of population rather than a desert or disabling the coveted party option. This subject does need attention as I have seen it asked and thought myself WAY too much. Sure it's a low population, not as low as it appears in game thou. Tough one. Another way, would be to have all chats for that "zone" connected with perhaps a color or symbol indication of which modes said persons are in. There seems to be a give an take to any thought of remedy I can imagine.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  10. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I Think there should be just Multi player online mode, and offline mode... Just make the amount of mobs spawn accordingly to how many are in that zone. Add a lot more harvestables in all the zones... Including in NPC towns maybe? jmho. Since multi player mode is solo and multi already with quests. We just need a forest LOADED with tress all over that can be harvested, and herbs etc in those areas. And in the mountains is where all the ore and gems could be …. etc

Gorthyn and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  11. Floors

Floors Avatar

You miss my point. At least they’ll be going into towns looking for dungeons (maybe) so you have a chance of seeing them in towns going to them. Theres no chance of that before this, unless you live in silverdale market, novia market, or the like

12. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

The only thing I can suggest is ADD EVERYONE to your friends list. Since we have private mode, you may not see all that are on.

3devious and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  13. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I avoid towns like the plague because of lag and all of that. Those who want us to start a game in anything by default make me want to kick a puppy because the game already makes me start in hires mode whenever we patch and I'm on my freaking surface of all things I'd like to start in like low res mode by default.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  14. Kibs

Kibs Avatar

So I started playing this a long time ago and stopped and last week returned to the game. I have just started a new Toon with a RL friend. Are their any active guilds that take on new players, ones that we can adventure/hunt with and hopefully do dungeons in the next release?

Many thanks in advance

kaeshiva and majoria70 like this.
  15. Azzamean

Azzamean Avatar

I agree. A step further is, this would allow people to be crafters without having to actually go into combat. It would bring in the people who want to just play as a crafter, sell things, and have their houses.

Of course it would also add a unique option where they can have player ran dungeons and those would constantly change and evolve. It is unique.

Chatele likes this.
  16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome back and welcome to your friends as well. Yes we do have active guilds that take new Players. From what I hear many do all content. I might suggest to hang out a little with a few of them and see who you are comfortable with. My close friend @Luca Xante is in Order of chivalry. OOC. I hope I said that right. ;) They are a very active guild. I am Majoria in the game if I can help anytime.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    Chatele, CatherineRose and Luca Xante like this.
  17. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I usually see over a hundred people online whenever I log in.

Elwyn and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.