Can't click Vendors behind Shop Windows. By Design or a Bug?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Synergy Blaize, Aug 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

I am hoping this is a bug.
    I get it, its not "right" to purchase through the window but it's such a pain now...
    I hope it changes back...

Lace, Peabo, Jason_M and 4 others like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah, unfortunately they “fixed” that..... :(

Lace and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Sorry, guys. This one's on me. :(

Daedwax and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Craaaaaaaap!

Not that I have one of those shops, but there goes everyone who DOES have those shops making them nice and putting their vendors inside. Stand by for those stores to disappear.

Lace, Synergy Blaize and Alioth like this.
  6. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I'm sorry, but what is so hard about opening a door to walk in? And as far as I'm concerned if one can't cast magic thru, shoot an arrow thru or punch someone thru the wall/glass nothing else should be allowed.

7. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

You shouldn't be able to interact with vendors through windows. Reason: you can't do that in RL.

8. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Oh look... Another quality of life change opportunity.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

:) But one CAN cast magic through. I catch fireballs through solid walls all the time. With my face.

Again, I don't use them. Many of my vendors are indoors, but people are worried for sales. And perhaps I should be more. In some places mine are outside, depends on the situation. But whatever the case, I think we're about to see a lot of peoples vendors suddenly back on the doorstep.

Lace and Alioth like this.
  10. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

Unfortunate change. I thought it was brilliant to let vendors be indoors but still quickly accessible thru the glass. Guess mine are going back out in the rain, too much opportunity cost otherwise.

Lace, Rentier, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  11. Floors

Floors Avatar

Terrible, terrible change. It's like the people that changed this don't actually you know, play the game.

So much for "Quality of Life improvements" one step forward, 2 back, shoot self in foot (again). Bah !!!

12. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

When visiting 100+ vendors per scene...the seconds to open the door, walk in and walk out add up.

Elwyn, Lace, Alioth and 3 others like this.
  13. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

We are talking about accessing a Vendor through a pane of glass in the New Storefront Rows, not one shotting someone through their house window.

This is a QOL issue, both for aesthetics of presenting a shop & for the convenience of shoppers (which is already a laborious long-winded chore, going from shop to shop, town to town)
    This change just adds to that chore as @Rowell mentioned in the post above.
    @Serafina
    Please revert this QOL change.

Elwyn, Lace, Mishras and 4 others like this.
  14. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

I spend waayyy more time looking at vendors than I have ever spent trying to dodge NPCs, sieges, or checkpoints. Those seconds definitely add up. As a shopkeeper, I also love having my vendor indoors. I want folks to come inside, but I am not going to force them to do it. The glass store front was a wonderful compromise. Hopefully they will reconsider the change.

I posted a question to the upcoming livestream on the main website blog, it's awaiting moderation, but hopefully it can be addressed then:

"With the recent emphasis on quality of life – Can we please have the vendors accessible through the glass on the store front shop homes again? I’m unclear why this was changed, the old method seemed to be a brilliant way to get vendors inside shops without slowing sales to passerbys."

Elwyn, Lace, Rentier and 4 others like this.
  15. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

I guess I will get to do more adventuring because I refuse to go inside each fancy store front to click on a vendor. If it is not where I can click as I walk by I won't stop or open the door.
    This is a crazy change imo.

Lace, Jaesun and Synergy Blaize like this.
  16. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Umm, I know exactly what you are talking about I was using examples of going thru "solid" objects. I merely object to it as a QOL thing. So we can agree to disagree.

Mischievous Dragon likes this.
  17. KnightFalz

KnightFalz Avatar

Nothing is hard about opening a door to walk in. You know what's even easier? Walking by the door and continuing on to the next exterior vendor that remains quickly accessible.

If it hadn't been possible before, people may well not have expected it as accessing through the glass of the window was odd. But it was possible, and the community has come to expect that convenience. The removal of it now will be rather off putting, especially to those that purchased a glass front house specifically due to being able to have their vendor discreetly behind the pane.

I had been considering upgrading to one once I was able to operate a merchant effectively but I am less inclined to do so now, as this change largely negates the benefit I perceived from doing so. If I had already made the purchase I would be very displeased indeed.

Lace, Alioth, Lesni and 1 other person like this.
  18. Floors

Floors Avatar

Seriously, who complained about this and asked for it to be changed ?

I thought this was actually a nice feature of the game - and it led to the widespread use of the very nice windowfront row houses which now everyone are changing.

Please, just change this back to the way it was..... everything else in R57 made sense

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  19. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

It was, that the "click thru window" was not available for add-on store store fronts. And this was reported as bug, since it was expected (also by my and i think almost all) that clicking thru the window is the norm.
    At the end it sounds right, that this is not possible anymore.

Additionally people, especially the top-sellers, have placed their vendors in front of the storefront. Even it was possible to click-thru in the past.
    I tried on my own, placed a cash register inside (but still useable from the outside), but i need to but it to the outside. Before that the vendor was seldom used. This also happen to others that have a storefront and started with placing the vendor inside.
    That is the main reason why all vendors are outside, even when a storfront is used. And this is why we can not have immersion.

I am not "upset" (not really upset) because they fixed it but players(buyers) never have used that feature.
    I stay with my storefront. It has a themed decoration and shows what kind of shop it is. The shop will seldom be entered like other houses but other house have no windows so you can not display things.

Would replace the storefront if we get a smaller row house that has place left for a market stand. Or we get a "market LOT deed" for POTs where citizens can place their on market stand. The town would have a market then, as people (buyers) would expect it and it would not break immersion.

Elwyn and Lace like this.
  20. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.