Homes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crendel, Aug 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greyhaven

Greyhaven Avatar

@CrandalltheFoole and I are here waiting patiently for the magnificent tax-free town lots that @King Robert is dishing out for free... I always knew that (true blooded) Baratheon‘s we’re generous folks!

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  2. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

As an owner of a Town Lot, I don't find it hard at all to keep up with the rent. For one, if you go to the Oracle once a day, that is a free 500gp, that brings your rent down to 1500/day. I'm much higher level now, but I can get up to 20k gold in about an hour, and when I was a lower level player I still had no issues keeping up with rent.

Elwyn likes this.
  3. Greyhaven

Greyhaven Avatar

Congratulations on being fortunate enough to be able to play SOTA every single day. And of being a member of the elite minority with more gold coming in than you can know what to do with. I would imagine mobs give up and run for it the very moment they see your magnificence.

4. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

hmmm...not sure where I said that I played every day. As far as having more money than I know what to do with, this also is incorrect. The third assumption that you made I only wish were true. Anyway, I will close with pointing out the proverb that making assumptions makes an....scratch that, I won't finish. If you don't know the old adage, I will leave it to you to look it up, and learn from it.

5. Greyhaven

Greyhaven Avatar

Actually, you suggested “if you go to the Oracle once a day...” - but it sounds like you don’t practice what you preach.
    I am curious, however, as to what such a popinjay as you does with all your 20,000 gold per hour...

6. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Ok. Again, another lesson. The key word in my post is IF. These sort of words imply that, if a particular thing were to occur, a certain result would follow. I, again, made no assertion that this was a practice that I followed, or that anyone else had to, or should, follow it. I offered it up as a way to diminish the cost of paying taxes on a property; whether it be a City, Town, Village, or Row Lot. I'm not sure why you believe that the amount of money that I can make in the game makes me conceited and that trying to help other players out is a bad thing, but your thoughts are your own, and you have to deal with them. As far as what I buy with my money made in game, I don't see how that is any of your concern. However, I will tell you, of my own free will, that I generally only purchase resources such as; Gold/Silver Ore, Reagents and the like.

7. Greyhaven

Greyhaven Avatar

Of all you’ve said, “... when I was a low level player I still had no issus keeping up with rent” is the only statement that those players struggling to afford it will be interested in. So, are you going to enlighten us on how a low level player, say AdventurevLevel 50, can earn sufficint to sustain a town lot rent? Where to go and what to do? You’ve let us know that you don’t play every day so imagine our low level player can only log-in 4 times a week and so the Oracle contributes 2,000 of the 14,000 required.

Scanphor likes this.
  8. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

@Greyhaven , there are plenty of places and things you can do to make money in the game. Sorry that my suggestion had no value for you. Harvesting resources is a great way to make money; Gold, Silver, Wood, Gems, etc. Other players are willing to pay good money for these and Gems can be sold to some NPC vendors for 200gp each. Growing crops is another way to make money; Cotton, Mandrake, Garlic, Brewing components,etc. Lastly, hunting is a great way to make money and there are tons of places where a player can make more than enough to sustain the cost of a lot. Naryad Woods, near Harvest, is a great place with lots of Kobolds and crates/barrels where you can make lots of gold, but I'm not sure if it is in line with a AL 50 players abilities. It is worth a look-see though. If that place is too hard for you, then try other scenes. Hope some of this information helps!

Crendel likes this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Have you seen the price of Tin? No, seriously, look at the price of Tin.

Mine for Tin and become a millionaire!

Sorthious likes this.
  10. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

You know you can log out in an oracle temple, then log in, click on "test", click yes or no, then log out? I do that with all my alt accounts once a day. Then you can just leave the game at the login screen while you do whatever makes you not have time to play SotA. All you have to know is when midnight UTC happens.

Sorthious and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.