1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Collector's Boxes Shipping & Arriving!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Both of mine arrived today via USPS: royal founder duke and benefactor knight marshal. I opened the BKM. The ankh and coin were put in before the DVD. The coin was loose in the box outside the depression, the ankh was in the depression with the DVD on top. The DVD was also partially out of the depression and had partially came out of the case. The exposed portion of the DVD had been scratched by the ankh. I'd have packed differently. Other than that, all is good. I'll read through the two booklets. The RFD box will remain sealed for now.

2. Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin

Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin Avatar

Hello all, can someone let me know if there is a way I can tell if I am due a physical reward or not? (@DarkStarr)

It’s been some time since I checked in here Due to RL keeping me away for various reasons and have lost track of everything that’s been happening.

I also only just realised I didn’t have my shipping address set up in my account :/

Edit: 2014 Patreon $270 level (Pledged via website not KS)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  3. Curt

Curt Avatar

Explorer ($125) was first pledge that got a box

Amelli likes this.
  4. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

My own little review of the contents:

The Box: Very glossy and shiny! Not quite foil level material but very glossy. Also feels great holding a big box for a computer game again. A DVD case and a pamphlet just doesn't feel the same.

Cloth Map: The dimensions are 2 inches longer horizontally and the same vertically as the UO Cloth Map. The material is a slightly thinner, but still substantial soft felt or microfiber much in the same lines as the Ultima III Cloth Map (coincidence?). Definitely one of the higher quality maps in the bunch. High marks here. Unfortunately, I did not get the Last Map (with extra Lord British doodles), and it also looks like the Sharpie that LB was using on mine was giving out on him.

Manual: Mixed bag here... production quality is top notch. The Loubet illustrations are a welcome sight and gives a good feel of the world like the Ultima manuals of old. I still have to formally read through the manual as I did the Ultima games I played in years gone by, but at the same time, it feels a bit odd reading it when I have already completed the storyline of the game.

Our Epic Origin: Same presentation quality as the manual, but to be honest I wasn't sure what I was expecting here. I think it was more actual copies of the pages inside rather than pictures of each page inside a book.

Certificates: Nice to have, but I want to use these to really review another aspect... the signed stickers. I know there was some mixed feelings about these when it was revealed that this was how these items were "signed", and I personally thought it was going to be a transparent sticker applied. Fortunately, it's a nice little parchment with a seal adding a bit to each item they are applied, so that actually works for me.

Trinkets: The Ankh is very ornate compared to the Ultima IV ankh, and is, fortunately, more solidly made than the UO pin. The medallion (being a stickler in my profession, I can't call it a "coin" since it does not carry an assigned value) is a bit thinner than the ones that sold in the original batch of physical goodies on this site, but the antiquing was very well done. We have seen at work efforts by actual mints that have done HORRIBLE jobs at the antiquing process, so seeing a good job done on the medallion is high marks in my book. Out of my own curiosity and having the equipment available, I plan on taking it into work and testing it to see what the metallic composition is.

Overall, it's been a long time coming, but it has been well worth the wait. Thanks Portalarium!

5. Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin

Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin Avatar

Thankyou curt!

Okay so from what I can gather from https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=51857 being that I am a 2014 Patreon I am due a Collectors Edition Box with Patreon rewards. @DarkStarr What should I do now to make sure I get my physical goods?

Thanks in advance

6. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

And my second box arrived today.

Also with the sticker ON the box :)

7. lordarach

lordarach Avatar

I had a box show up. Of course I went straight to opening it without even looking at who sent it. WOW! I wasn't expecting that and have it sitting on my shelf unopened. Now, I'm finding out their may be other physical goodies in it aside from just the game!?! I'll have to rip the plastic off and dive in! Wait! What!?! I could be receiving a second box too!?! This just keeps getting better and better!

Gaelis, Lord Trady of Blix and Amelli like this.
  8. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Despite all the bumps and frustrations, I would definitely thank Portalarium for fulfilling these, and finally receiving the physical copies. As a long time Ultima fan and collector, it was very nice to add this to the collection.

Also got to see Richard at DragonCon again this year, and got my Collector’s Edition autographed. It was the first one he had actually seen in person as a complete package. Despite the headaches, I genuinely believe both Richard and the team do have good intentions, and want to see the game succeed.

gtesser, Gaelis, Sentinel2 and 9 others like this.
  9. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I had the box shipped to a friend in the US, and she will send it to me in Germany. What description and value should be used for the shipment, does anyone know?

10. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

My invoices say Shroud of the Avatar Collectors Box, 9,04 Euro. TVA20% 1,808 Euro. Total 10,848 Euro.

Kara Brae likes this.
  11. Trezir Pyle

Trezir Pyle Avatar

Received my box Friday in Kansas. I LOVE my box and all that came with my pledge level - Benefactor Ancestor.
    For me, the sticker was on the box. I don't recall receiving an email about the shipment, my spam filter may have caught that, will check on that later. My invoice did have "lord of the manor " on the top and "Benefactor Ancestor" below that. It was shipped from France and arrived via USPS.
    My package did not have the signed certificates or signed map. It would have been nice having those items, finances were tight at the time. I am very happy and satisfied with what I do have.

12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

No Mail,no box. Why do you hate the west of germany? ^^

Arcanoxer and Gaelis like this.
  13. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

They hate also Berlin. Right @Gaelis ?

Gaelis likes this.
  14. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

I got 2 boxes in Munich, 1 most likely at post office (did not pick it up as I still wait for the 4th and last)

15. Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Avatar

My first box has arrived :)
    still no mail for my main pledge...

16. 3devious

3devious Avatar

2 boxes, no loot WTH!?
    [Edit: the loot was in the box, smh sorry.
    I thought I would get a tinkerer's certificate, domesday certificate and land deeds but I guess that was something that they ran out of money for.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  17. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

10 of my 14 boxes arrived towards the end of last week. I received 1 email from the shipping company.

Love the quality of the physical goods.

Looking forward to receiving my final 4 boxes which frustratingly enough are my main pledges lol.

18. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

14.... omg :eek:... great:)

19. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

I just received my box today.
    Finland.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lord Stein and Sentinel2 like this.