WTH? SotA Collector's Edition Delivery FAILURE --- UPDATED W/PICS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jackrabbit, Aug 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

@By Tor @Rufus D`Asperdi

A local expert taught us how to handle the crawfish. Basically, you kind of pinch the head firmly with your thumb and index finger, and then twist the head, and it should come off. Then you suck the juices and sauce out from the head and toss it! Yammies! :D

By Tor likes this.
  2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

OK... You're not doing it wrong. :)

Woodchuck likes this.
  3. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

I had a cookbook my dog chewed up. I loved that cook book. It was still useable, but there it sat, chewed, making me upset every time I looked at it. Eventually I kind of forgot about it. My dog grew older, and then as all dogs do, she died. I had forgotten about that cookbook, had put it out of sight. I came across it again one day, and saw the corners chewed and the cover scratched. I remembered my dog, and how much she had meant to me. I loved that dog, a lot more than that cookbook. A flood of good feelings and memories came over me. From then on that cookbook has had a place of honor in my collection.

Not saying it doesn’t hurt. Sometimes the patina of life is painful.

Elwyn, Brent S, unicornslady and 13 others like this.
  4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

Aww, your story is very true, and made me remember my little beloved dog that passed too. I have not had another since I can't bear to go through the same loss again. May he rest in doggy heaven.

5. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Yikes. Your dog has definitely lost an Eighth, but gained some weight in cardboard munching :p

Duke Gréagóir and By Tor like this.
  6. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

So true, I have the same experience with some things here at home and my last dog. And now the things that pissed me off bigtime in the past gives me a very good memory of my very missed life buddy.

By Tor, Woodchuck and Alioth like this.
  7. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

For security purposes, I purchased a Ring video doorbell about a year and a half ago. The side benefit of that is I can get a clear video image of the face of a person who delivers packages to my front door. I keep these videos so that if I open something and it’s broken, I can check and see if the delivery person threw it or what. We frequently order heavy packages of birdseed and one time the delivery person threw the box down so hard on my front step, it cracked the box tore the package and I had birdseed all over my front porch.

The webcam doorbell is totally worth it if you have valuable packages coming to your front door. I highly recommend it.

8. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Note: Episode 2 boxes will require an additional $$$ investment to send in a nano-metal case that can withstand being dropped from the the Kármán line.

[​IMG]

HoustonDragon likes this.
  9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I find it funny that people with gates and pets expect a courier to enter the gate. Thier real options are to tag the gate and not deliver ur what ever or leave it by the gate assuming thats what you wanted well because u knew u had a gate and pets. I know the major delivery companies do not require thier couriers to enter gated properties with pets.

You can have your stuff sent to a po box or something if ur place is gated or you are worried about people taking ur stuff when not home.

Speaking in general and not to you specifically.

Woodchuck, Azzamean and Sir Frank like this.
  10. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Richard Gariott personally chewed on your game box for you It is now an extra special collectors edition. I'd sell it in the marketplace personally.

Elwyn likes this.
  11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Well, beside the fact i understand your rage....i would have a long and good talk with the guy in the pictures ;-)

12. Azzamean

Azzamean Avatar

I agree. I don't want them to open my gate. For all I know my 3 dogs could be outside at the time. That is specifically why I casted a sign and casted/welded a copper box that I cut some of my fence out for. For the most part though, people with gates I do see have either extremely large mailboxes, stone columns with a centerpiece, or some sort of metal like I have.

But yea, if you don't, then don't expect them to come into a fenced yard when there are dogs that you do not know will or will not bite.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  13. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

These days there is no one company who will be responsible for every moment of every delivery. Often the final mile is done with USPS for various economic reasons, and they may have a courier for packages separate from your regular mail carrier. Just like @amarious 's "MUDI" keyboard, many of them feel more motivated to take as little time per stop as possible, rather than being careful.

I'm still waiting for mine and I fully expect the gods of chaos to deliver it tomorrow when I'm up in Austin, and it'll probably rain too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.