Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Weapons take way too much damage

Discussion in 'Release 57 Feedback' started by Mishikal, Sep 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I've noticed that weapons constantly take significant amounts of damage, even with level 80 (20%) weapon durability effectiveness. I lost 1 point of damage simply by casting Sprint to run around my local town. While I understand that as a single item, it probably should take damage more frequently than your entire armor set, I think currently it is skewed too far towards taking too much damage. I usually only lose 4-5 points *total* armor damage across 5 pieces in running the rise. I lose 8-10 points of weapon damage in a similar run.

Chatele and Phoenix007 like this.
  2. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

In my opinion the armor and weapons already last for an very very long time.
    I even use body slam quite often because the armor lasts so ridiculous long.

We should burn through equipment rather quickly.
    It's in the end better for the economy of the game and ofc better for our current "crafters".

As for the weapons, it does feel about right currently.
    But that's just my opinion.

3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yeah, it could be that armor is taking too little damage. Either way, the ratio is off.

4. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

Well, It could be that you're dodging or avoiding damage enough with your armor that it lasts longer - avoidance, resistance.. etc.

Chatele likes this.
  5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

And when I'm just running around casting "Sprint" and it damages my weapon? I.e., it seems there's wear and tear that's completely unrelated to combat.

Chatele likes this.
  6. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

Its the sheer force of the atmosphere from the velocity of your sprint that is stripping away at your equipment!
    ;)

Yeah - I think the calculators for things like sprint are very interconnected to everything. Not dissimilar to gaining skill in "offhand power" for doing basically unrelated activities.

7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I made a shiny new bow last night for my alt, she fought with it for an hour and it dropped 2 points of max dura.
    I'm sorry, but even assuming moderately enchanted exceptionals, a weapon lasting less than 50-60 hours considering the cost of components is beyond excessive, unless we're going to actually fix exceptional chance so a grandmaster is doing it more often than not.

Tila Tenderfoot likes this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah something has changed as I now suddenly repair my spear way more often than I used to. I do only have weapon preservation at 65, Armor is at 66.

Mishikal likes this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Is this happening to all weapons? Sword, Spear, Maces etc.... ?

10. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

My Bow durability drops extremely fast, even when I use the Obsedian potion of preservation, or what ever it is called... I am constantly repairing it in battle.... I think it needs to be adjusted .

Jaesun, Joeziggy and Mishikal like this.
  11. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

I use plate armor and 2h blunt. Preservation skills around 80 and always using obsidian potion.
    The chest armor seems to wear down the fastets, followed by weapon and legs. But we are still talking 100:s of hours use for each item. I think I have worn out three weapons in maybe 1000 hours of play (with 2-3 COTO repairs on each.) Maybe weapon durability drops slower for me because of the slow swinging 2h weapon?
    I will keep an eye open and report back if I notice any change in this release.

12. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

In my case, it is a crossbow, and last night in 8 runs through the mages room, I lost 1 point of primary durability and 10 points or so of secondary durability. Vs the rest of my *entire* armor set where I lost only a couple of points.

13. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

My bow drops 10 durability in 2 days, same for crossbow. I can’t keep up with crafting them ;)

Weapon preservation at 91 + potion of preservation.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    Mishikal likes this.
  14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Chris Be interested in your thoughts on this. ;)

15. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

I would think casting Sprint shouldn't affect the durability of a weapon at all (I could see where it might affect armor), sounds like a bug to me.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.