Tax free forever house lot...expired?! $100 home lost, after $500+ royal pledge!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dreamwriter, Sep 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Thank goodness housing doesn't last forever, npc cities are already almost ruined by the top%1 land hoarders holding empty lots and houses. If housing never expired it would be even 10x worse.

2. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Sorry to hear about your woes Dreamwriter.

If you would like a place to reside at least temporarily I have spots still open in Tempest Reef. My island POT just north and east of Aerie about 20 secondsaway near the twin monuments.

Just pm me if you are interested.

Obsidian Tempest likes this.
  3. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

If you use the SotA map on the website and choose city it will show plots that are claimed and unclaimed.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  4. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Same thing happened to me, I had a bitchin' Tax Free Row Lot deed setup on Resolute and it was a great location for me.

I took a break, because early persistence... wasn't my liking and... when I came back *POOF* no more lot in my name, just a bunch of stuff in my bank from the now owned by someone else lot.

I move on since then. I have a lot in a nearby player town (Soryn's Fields) and it's quite frankly a better place for my current needs.

5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

So you are one of those people who was taking up a spot for a year and not using it while those active players who wanted a spot in Aerie could not have one? :rolleyes:

I feel for your situation, but please consider how this made others feel who would have actually liked to have gotten some use out of that lot for the last year or so but could not because your empty house was there.

6. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

Dreamwriter,

I sure can feel your pain brother!

I can't count the times I made a decision based off of information I thought I understood concerning this game. Only to see the results different than what I had expected.

It is either something changed or usually I didn't quite understand the details. I have always been a macro kind of guy. That devil ...grrr!

I had 9 accounts and spent a lot of time and effort before and during the land rush, only to see myself let all 9 of them go since then.

Some of them were considered to be some of the best lots in the game, (Castle Lot in Brittany Wharfs and a Keep Island lot in Ardoris to name a couple).

Now all 9 are gone by choice.

I have seen all of them rotate on to new owners since I let them go of them.

Hang in there bring your fishing pole and get ready to do some fishing along the docks down in Aerie while you wait for something to pop open.

Patients and Persistent with a little research wins every time..

Sea Bear alts … Sea Hunter/Sea Lion/Sea Dog/Sea Salt/ Sea Bass/Sea Weed

7. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

While I understand the feelings here, In case this helps. The Player Instructions documented this long ago to address this concern. Here is the current release documenting the expiration rules.

Not to be insensitive, but it's frustrating when a lot sits idle for months or longer. What's the point? Personally, I've watched several lots for months as the clock ticks. Grabbed up a couple nice ones and setup housing for those who don't have a place to live. I have my eye on three more lots right now. They have been idle for almost a year btw. How interested really is the owner if they haven't logged in after that amount of time???

Again, I understand the frustration and am sympathetic to a point. I don't think the game will go anywhere with so many idle lots. They need to benefit somebody.

Anyway, my .02 cents.

8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Of note, there’s new land masses that will be coming in Episode 2, so you might end up wanting a place there.

9. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

These days it is better to live in Player Owned Towns. I'm sure this has been stated. You'll likely end up finding something really good. PLUS... the game world is about to expand (maybe a year from now), and there will undoubtedly be a bunch of awesome new places to live at that time, too. I'll bet there is a big land rush for every new "continent" that pops up for the episodic releases.

Kara Brae likes this.
  10. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I understand there will be a few dozen POT's in the new lands. At least 50 for starters that I'm aware of :)

Nikko and Obsidian Tempest like this.
  11. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I feel your pain, but people will have a radical reaction to this because as many people said, its been blatantly clear since day 1 that housing has its limits and the timer has always been listed right with your deed in the deeds menu and cant be missed at all. If you open up that menu in game now, you will see it exactly the same way as 3+ years ago and even more so since persistence, you would have clearly seen it 2.5 years ago when persistence started an you looked at that menu or even clicked on your lot marker.

The purpose of that system was to protect against what you actually though you could do, place a house in a good spot and disappear for 2.5 years and not allow active people in the game have a good spot.

Go look around towns now, there are tons and tons of places for you to place the house now.

12. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

I am sorry to see this happen to you, especially given you had your heart set on Aerie. If you are still looking for a NPC town on the path of truth then Point West and Klin appear to have village lots available. There are also a few PRTs around Aerie you could settle in.

However, if I may can I make a recommendation? Given you have the haunted gothic mansion maybe look at Brookside? It has an awesome "Haunted Town" vibe and it has plenty of lots available.

13. idaniod

idaniod Avatar

You should correct the title of your thread... after all - the $100 house wasn't lost, it went to your bank after your claim expired.

14. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

It says it on the sign/stone with which you claim your lot how long is left. The lot expiration is so that people who abandon the game and never return will not permanently occupy a lot. Even with a tax free lot you have to log in to reset the timer. The time goes from 3 to 13 months, depending on the level of your pledge.
    It didn't change, you just failed to understand it. Your lot was tax free, but it was not eternal. The time limits for you to keep a lot without logging in have not changed since the first day of persistence. Reading the updates would not have mattered, because there was nothing updated.

Your stuff is in the bank. Which as of R57 you can access from any city.

And really, these days some POTs are the most desirable places to live these days. On the other hand, as of this release, some NPC towns became less undesirable because you can bypass sieges.
    Assuming he had a village or even a town level pledge, and never logged in since the land rush, the lot expired long before they added that.

15. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

@Dreamwriter

I was so sorry to hear this happened to you. I hope you can find a new place to settle down. This game and the people within it are a special lot, some may have become a bit disenchanted, but they're still good gamers :)

It doesn't help to hear that this has happened to more than just you, but hopefully you can take some solace in the fact that whoever poached ;-) your lot hopefully put it to good use. And through the forums, etc, I am 100% positive that you'll find an even better lot to place your deed and haunted house!

Try to keep your chin up.

Miracle Dragon and Kara Brae like this.
  16. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Little sympathy from me... The fact that lots expire was advertised loudly, repeatedly, over a long period of time. You needed only log in once every three months minimum, and you would still have your lot.
    Lots never expiring is not a logically workable solution.

I'm assuming you had a Citizen pledge... The expiry for the Citizen pledge village lot is 5 months.
    • Ancestor, Navigator, Developer: 4 Months
    • Citizen: 5 Months
    • Edelmann: 6 Months
    • Knight: 7 Months
    • Knight Marshal: 8 Months
    • Lord: 9 Months
    • Lord Marshal: 10 Months
    • Baron, Baron 2, Baron 3: 11 Months
    • Duke: 12 Months
    • Lord of the Manor, Lord of the Manor 2: 13 Months

17. Xul Rasha

Xul Rasha Avatar

This has to be satire.

18. smack

smack Avatar

I do a full update of all NPC / PRT towns every 6 releases, but the doc is open to the public to edit at any time.

I did a comparison while doing my R55 land rush update against what SotA Map showed. Unfortunately SotA Map was horribly buggy and wasn't correct in terms of total lots or total lots available for many maps. Does anyone know if this has been resolved since R55?

19. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Sorry my man, that is a bummer, and I am sorry you lost your spot.

However, Port made it pretty clear through multiple releases, leading up to the land rush, how it all would break down. Including expiration on TF lot claims that went unused due to player inactivity. It sucks man, but to be fair they gave us ample warning and explanation.

I know you want to be in Aerie, and for its worth, I want to be on the French Rivieria. Luckily for us both there are still plenty of amazing spots for us to choose from. ;)

20. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

[​IMG]

Now close your eyes and imagine the sounds of the sea. Here you are :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.