Shroud of the Avatar: New Beginnings, Issue #2!

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Elgarion, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Is there a #3 ??? Only found #1 and #2

Elgarion likes this.
  2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

there is
    the kickstarter is for issue#2

3. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all, Yes it was my mistake. the kickstarter is for issue #2 and the back issues are #0 and #1. Sorry for the confusion.

4. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Yay! Looking forward to it!

How to submit content for the ad space and by when does this have to be done at latest?

Sean Silverfoot and Elgarion like this.
  5. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Thank you - where can I choose it? :)

Elgarion likes this.
  6. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Issue #0 and #1 are available at https://relicsbyrild.com/collections/comic

Currently #2 is only available on Kickstarter since its yet to be published (though the comic is done other than ads and actual publication). The Kickstarter launch of this was a clever idea by Ben and Indi as a way to also include purchasing of ad space, if anyone so chose to do so. You'll find that the first two pledge levels, $9 and $19 provide the digital or digital and print copies of #2. Higher pledges include ad space varieties. Also note, various stretch goals and add-ons have been unlocked as well. Thanks all for all the patronage so far!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/relicsbyrild/sota-new-beginnings-no-2-fantasy-rpg-comic

Enjoy! :)

7. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

What are the submission requirements?

DPI?
    Color or Greyscale?

File? .png?
    Transparency?

Sean Silverfoot, rild and Elgarion like this.
  8. Elgarion

@rild and @Indi2 can answer more specifics and more ad requirements/suggestions are coming VERY soon, but color is great, but if for some reason your ad would look better in greyscale, go for it. For the upcoming contest, creativity is key. Sorry its taken us so long to get that contest info out.

This image was on the kickstarter campaign to assist:
    [​IMG]

9. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Issue #0 and #1 can also be obtained from the kickstarter "Update: ALL TIERS now include digital downloads of issues #0, #1 and #2, but you can now add-on physical copies of #0 and/or #1 for $5 each."

10. rild

rild Avatar

The deadline for submission of content is Oct 31 (kickstarter ends on Sep 26), so there's still plenty of time to create and refine your content.
    We are six backers away from our next stretch goal, and 26 away from free enamel pins!

Rick and I will have an update soon on some promotions for best use of Content Space.

@Helvig Ingvildsdottir email to me at sotacomic@relicsbyrild.com

@Grimace2 a psd or tiff would be best for quality. LZW compression, or uncompressed. A vector file would also be no problem. Just don't use jpg compression. I have clarified this in the project FAQ now as well, thanks for bringing it up! Regarding transparency, i would recommend you give the image the background you desire. If you have a design idea that conflicts with this, I'm happy to discuss it.

And yes, this is full color digital printing, so go nuts! Use RBG settings for the most accurate colors.

We should start a brainstorming thread for content . . . who wants to get in on an interstate scavenger hunt or something crazy like that? :D :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  11. rild

rild Avatar

PS that number zero gives us so much trouble!

Indi2, Rentier and Elgarion like this.
  12. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

ZERO cannot make trouble it has 0 Value and has a hole in the middle of it :p

rild, Indi2 and Elgarion like this.
  13. Indi2

Indi2 Legend of the Hearth

Yeah, sorry about the #0 confusion - the first issue was intended to be an experimental comic to bridge the old worlds to New Britannia; we wanted to leave it open for the exact sort of mini-series you backers are helping bring to life, but in case it ended up being just a cool one-shot piece of canon, we numbered it #0.

So, totally my bad, guys!

14. rild

rild Avatar

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  15. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Not ad! Even TV shows do a pilot show, then build off of it.

Rentier, Indi2 and Grimace2 like this.
  16. Indi2

Indi2 Legend of the Hearth

Sorry, I don't forum often - I accidentally posted a private convo message here instead of in that conversation. These threads all look the same! >< Apologies for any confusion. XD

17. Elgarion

Hiya folks! We finally got all our ducks in a row for the contest for the content/ad submissions! Check out this main thread for the contest in the general forums!

18. Elgarion

Avatars! If you haven't checked out the Kickstarter Progress for SotA: New Beginnings #2 Comic Book lately, be sure to take a peek! Only 11 days left to dive in! So much has changed since the campaign started. New unlocks have afforded many additional items either awarded to everyone or added as add-ons to the project! Just by getting in at the first tier, just $9, you get digital copies of ALL THREE of the SotA comics! What a value!

We're only 4 backers away from unlocking the next item which will provide the enamel Oracle pin to all backers at Benefactor level and above!

And don't forget, this is a wonderful way to get some content space in the comic! At Row Lot tiers and above, you will secure content/advertising space in the comic! Not only is there a creativity content/ad contest associated for these backer levels with robust high value prizes, but its a great way to let folks know about your guild or town! Maybe you'd like to create a teaser for the dungeon you will be building in future SotA releases?! Perhaps you'd like to share a cryptic puzzle or quest for people to solve! Or maybe a poem or short story or intro to a story? Do you have a vendor or book store you'd like to advertise? A SotA project or website? Perhaps you have in-game companion or power-leveling services? And don't forget, creativity is key for the content/ad contest, so be sure to put on those thinking caps and let your creative juices flow!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me, @Indi2 or @rild -- many thanks for all your interest, folks!

19. Elgarion

@Grimace2 posed a GREAT question about the content/ad contest associated to this campaign in that thread -- wanted to be sure word gets out about deadlines for submitting your content/ad space...

All backer tiers which earn content/ad space (Row and above) are automatically entered into the contest, and the deadline for submitting your completed content is October 31st. I'll tag @rild and @Indi2 on this in case they care to comment or correct me. They're much smarter about the Kickstarter and publication process for the comic, as well as most other things, come to think of it :p But, I just looked it up on our FAQ, so I think we're good!

I just wanted to also point out to folks, after having reached this milestone and unlock of 80 backers, check out what's next?

If we reach:
    • 100 Backers (only 20 away!): a new reward unlock. ALL $9 and above tiers will receive a community cloak unique to this campaign! AND ALL $19 and above tiers will receive the cloak AND an in-game painting unique to this campaign!
    • $5000 (only $1200ish away!): this unlock puts me back to work! I'll write up a multi-page journal of Arianna's travels in issue #0, #1 and #2 to become an additional part of comic #2! It'll be a great insight into the mind of Arianna as she flees her world with Christopher through the Rift, becomes separated from her beloved, and meets her new friend Gemma along travels in New Britannia.
    Only 9 days left!

20. rild

rild Avatar

Grimace2, Elgarion, Indi2 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.