Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

No more blue dragon killing

Discussion in 'Release 57 Feedback' started by Nib, Sep 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nib

Nib Avatar

Ysaranth is no longer attackable. Why was this necessary? Just one less thing to do and that isn't a good direction to be going.

2. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Did they make it a dialogue option? One of the chief complaints on that quest is most people ended up attacking it instead of entering into a conversation; completely oblivious that it's an option.

3. Nib

Nib Avatar

No, they made it so you cant attack him at all. All people had to do was not be in combat and click to open dialog it didn't require a fix.

4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

It was too easy to attack him by accident. It's the same "intended feature" that causes Fire Arrow to attack neutral targets like rabbits if one is at a better angle than whatever you have a hard (double-clicked) tab target on. For me this happened probably a year ago because I pressed the wrong key. And now they have imps there? It's just too easy to hit the dragon by accident when there's something you have to fight.

5. Nib

Nib Avatar

A player pushing the wrong button is a player problem not a design problem

6. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Ysaranth's primary purpose has always been conversation. You'd talk to him and possibly learn what you needed to move on to the next section of Boreas Colossus. Although we included an option to fight him, that was never meant to be his primary purpose. Removing the fight option allows him to fucus on the reason he was included in the scene: a conversation that may or may not grant you access to the next area in the scene.

Jaesun, Elwyn and Alley Oop like this.
  7. Nib

Nib Avatar

Thnx for the response, so can we have a blue dragon dropped into another scene

8. Sannio

After double-checking, I see that there's still a blue dragon in Grunvald. But for players that don't want to enter this PvP scene, I'm adding blue dragons as a possibility in the Plains (non-road) Encounters (Novia or Hidden Vale). This addition to the encounters will be a part of Release 58.

9. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

@Sannio What about players that want to do non-virtuous things? Is this not a bit of a punishment to them?
    Personally, I love killing that blue lizard. He tried to confuse me with riddles!

10. Sannio

Perhaps all that combat with players helped him level up, and now he's invulnerable! Good job, people! :D

Aldo, Jaesun, Tila Tenderfoot and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.