Kiln - Dangerous Waters quest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kallendal, Sep 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kallendal

Kallendal Avatar

All, and hope I am posted in the correct place (previous had access to bug/dev forums).

So, attempting dangerous waters in Kiln. And need someone to explain HOW to kill a water elemental?

Hit them with everything I had Plus meteor storm and nada. Saw a much older post about the same quest. They suggest getting more to help, which I am all for, save, with the older post, the elemental regenerate too fast for a few. Army may do it.

But if I am missing something, a in game book for research, super dupe explosion potions (tried a few of them).

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Nelzie likes this.
  2. Ataniiq

Ataniiq Avatar

Pretty sure I just wacked 'em to puddles with my polearm.

3. Floors

Floors Avatar

they heal themselves so your dps needs to be high(er)

Verit, Nelzie and Elwyn like this.
  4. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

I have had this quest for ages. I can kill water elementals but I can't find my way through that puzzle. Wouldn't mind giving it a try, msg Guilford TyWyrm if you wanna team up some time.

Sannio and Verit like this.
  5. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

This is one of my favorite missions in the game, but it has a long history of "problems" regarding the self-healing of the water elementals.

In some releases, the water elementals are fine; they heal themselves normally and you just have to beat them down. In other releases, the water elementals have proven to be impossible for all but the highest level players to beat due to incredibly strong (and frequent) self-heals. At one point, I took an alt through the mission and the water elementals were so weak that they barely even seemed like a threat.

The last time I went through with my archer (several months ago), the water elementals were self-healing really fast and I wasn't able to make a dent in them, despite my decent AL on the character. It may be that they're still healing too fast. I would say that if you can fight through Tier 4-5 scenes on your own, you should be able to get through this mission with some difficulty. If you can just barely move the water elemental's health bar before he fully heals up, I would bug it.

Nelzie, Elwyn and Jaesun like this.
  6. Kallendal

Kallendal Avatar

well, archer, high end, with wisp and shadow magic. DPS just about anything, no issue, but these things refuse to die.

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

try a poison with a heal modifier?

Sorthious and Jaesun like this.
  8. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Ironically, Water Elementals(at least when I did it a long time ago), have a low resistance to Sun spells. Use Searing Ray to kill them. Unless, of course, they changed it to the logical damage type of Fire.

9. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

Water elementals and ghost use to be my bane in this game could not kill them. I thought there were some tweets to them that made them slightly easier to kill now. My lower level avatars have a much easier time with them now then I did with my main on at similar levels.

10. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Water Elementals (and Ghosts) will be difficult to kill for QUITE some time. You have to be able to do some serious DPS to knock them down. It wasn't until... maybe a few months back that I started getting combat skills up high enough that both of those MOBs were something I could almost handle upwards of two at a time.

Now? I can easily deal with two, three or even four of them at the same time. Ghosts are still a bit tougher, with their life drain abilities, but... As long as I stay focused and the RNG is slightly in my favor... down they go!

Be patient, work up some combat skills and probably your water magic skills for resistance and you'll have a better time of it.

Paladin Michael and Jaesun like this.
  11. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

You can do them at much lower levels if you use strategy rather than brute force. Most mobs in the game have particular weaknesses. Often, these are lower resistances to opposing schools of magic. So, if you are fighting an Undead mob, you would use Banish Undead to be more effective against the mob. Basically, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again. There will be some spells/skills that work better than others. Just giving up and thinking that you need to wait till you are at a higher level isn't the most productive way to progress in the game. Where there is a will, there is a way!

FrostII likes this.
  12. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Back when I was having trouble with them, I was already batting WAY above where I should have been according to the skills that I had. Sometimes, gaining more skills, reworking a deck, tweaking gear and play style, just needs to be done.

Paladin Michael, Sorthious and Jaesun like this.
  13. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I just can confirm this. I often wondered that I die with lower Tier enemies. Changing the combat deck is sometimes like a miracle ;). And sometimes I forget to change back to my 'fight undead' deck and wonder why I am killed? Well without banish undead and fire spells it's hard. And unfortunately THE spell against undead while healing us is broken since 3(?) Releases :(

Beside that, back to topic:
    I always try the opposite mage skills, so against Water Elements I would try fire and sun and also use an enchanted ring or neclace to raise Water atunement :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.