poll pvp full loot new server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yinki2, Sep 13, 2018.

?

would you like new pvp full loot subscription based server with no cash shop?

1. yes

2. no

3. maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

to attract new players

2. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

I voted no because I think the best model is free to play with a cash shop and no subscription fees because it allows people to play for free if they want, but also allows people who have less time to play to catch up.

Sure, people using the cash shops might be getting a bit of an advantage in a sense, but it's typically limited to cosmetic items on PvP based games, and everyone benefits from the rake so long as the company uses it to fund development.

Raffles for the top items are a nice addition to the f2p cash shop no sub model when the tickets are purchasable by both money and game currency. IMO it's a fair way to ensure everyone gets a chance at the best things.

3. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

No, people have the option to flag pvp all they want already, and full loot is horrible ;)

4. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Full loot is awesome actually. Loot can't realistically pass through the ethereal plane and having it do so just to cater to less skilled players is a real nuisance.

Wreckognize likes this.
  5. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

full loot encourage crafting ... dont wear what u cant afford to lose.

it may attract many new players :)

jammaplaya and Dhanas like this.
  6. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

It won't attract new players. The whole notion that full loot open world PvP is something that everyone wants is in fact a myth perpetuated by the small minority that actually like the idea.

7. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I think full lot would be an option if the chances to win a fight would be even but I think in a classless system this will never be the case. In SotA it is the more you play the stronger you are and the more likely you will win against other avatars. This would result that “young” avatars would be forced to just wear garbage as they will most likely be looted during a game session while “old” avatars could wear relatively fearless high end gear and would not just be more powerful because of the number of their skills also because of the gear they can dare to wear. This would also mean that all content would have to be designed to support the newish in crap gear dressed avatars resulting in too easy content for the “old” ones who can get that way impressive wealth.
    If you ask for something like full loot you have to ask first for predefined classes with set skill trees that are offering benefits but also weaknesses or a fixed skill cap...and I do not think SotA will go into this direction.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  8. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

I see zero reason to have "a new server" in this game.

You could just have different scenes that implement different rules. So by all means have a full loot PvP scene.

Rrgards
    Spung

Vaiden Luro, Nikko, Elwyn and 2 others like this.
  9. oplek

oplek Avatar

What's more, Albion Online kept being touted as an amazing superior model because it's full-loot pvp. That doesn't seem to be saving it, in the long run.

https://steamcharts.com/app/761890

Elwyn, Boris Mondragon and Gorthyn like this.
  10. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Ultima Online has also had a full loot pvp server since forever, its pretty much dead, and the people who play there are mostly not there for the pvp.

Nelzie and Boris Mondragon like this.
  11. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

Sounds good but only if you make the pvp server permadeath aswell :)

jammaplaya, Nelzie, Elwyn and 2 others like this.
  12. Gyzarus

Gyzarus Avatar

You will only end up only the pvpers, without any sense of the world of shroud of the avatar, I would suggest this, let the pvper and non pvper have something they want from each other, I guess many people like to see a total loss of someone effort to make themselves happy. If it's a sporty type I am 100% go for it, but if its just make someone else miserable for playing this game,I will not enjoy this game at all, I am not trying to make everyone fuzzy and warm, but to make people to realize what they can actually create in this game, until they realize the 'real game" is not just endless grind to be super strong, but to be who they really want to be in in a different world, and see what others can see in you.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    Witcheypoo, Gorthyn and Alley Oop like this.
  13. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Nope. There's a reason UO was more popular after they split forced pvp off.

14. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

You are going to get a lot of "no" answers. Please remember that, although not a perfect solution, this is why we have PvP zones. Once sieges come into play, along with whatever other scenarios they can create, PvP should pick up a bit. It will, however, never be a main point of the game - at most an activity that is voluntary.

15. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

at least that prove all pvper are gone from this forum ....

not that am good at pvp nor i enjoy kicking players...its just that no risk farming basic ressources is boring and repetitive. The only risk is atos nerf hammer.

jammaplaya likes this.
  16. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Yes, if we can make the current server NO PVP outside of the Obsidian Arena.

Scanphor, Synergy Blaize and kaeshiva like this.
  17. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I voted maybe on this, for the simple reason that if there was a PvP Full Loot Server, then all the people who keep trying to inflict PvP on the rest of us, would go play -over there-.
    And then whenever someone came crying about PvP we could say, look! Look! there's a PVP server go -over there->

I'm joking. Mostly.

Vero, Amelli, Scanphor and 6 others like this.
  18. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The concept that Full Loot, Open World PvP is the way to have a successful game has been proven false time and time again, yet it keeps being touted as a viable business model.
    It is the Trickle Down Economics of the gaming world.

19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Except then they'd complain because there wasn't anyone there.

Scanphor, Witcheypoo, FrostII and 6 others like this.
  20. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

Are these the results you were expecting? The whole reason I dont pvp is a just dont have the stomach to lose my stuff. Its just not fun(for me)

Alioth, Arradin, Feeyo and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.