poll pvp full loot new server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yinki2, Sep 13, 2018.

?

would you like new pvp full loot subscription based server with no cash shop?

1. yes

2. no

3. maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silverti

Silverti Avatar

maybe I guess... but the PvP ship said on SOTA a long time ago now.

2. Keldorn of the Vale

Keldorn of the Vale Avatar

I vote yes. I think it may bring back some hardcore UO fans! We are in much need of a player injection !!!! Maybe we can bring in a faction system much like UO's? I am not a pvper (my reaction time is too slow and I get the shakes easily). But I always liked the fights in felucca I'd watch comfortably as a ghost.

yinki2 and Verit like this.
  3. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

@Sylence I truly love your forum name :)

Sylence and Jaesun like this.
  4. Sylence

Sylence Avatar

5. Schneider DragonFang

Schneider DragonFang Avatar

Voted no. If they did make pvp full loot, I would rather it remain on one server and artificially cap all pvpers at lvl 80 in adv lvl and skills.
    Let pve players enjoy the grind of going to 100 and beyond.
    This would be a good lead into pvp with new trial players, already hitting their max of lvl 50. By then they should know if they want to buy in and continue to lvl 80 to enjoy pvp.
    Or hell borrow the system from albion and label pvp zones with increasing consequences.

Nelzie likes this.
  6. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Depends upon the amount of available alcohol.

Sean Silverfoot and Cordelayne like this.
  7. Morgoth redbeard

Morgoth redbeard Avatar

i voted no if they want full loot why not implent an option for it in this game make it so full loot only work if both set on full loot and so on to make an intire new server that is emty i feal is not needed you can put all that if they wanted in to here if there was enuf players wanting it just make an option wen you start game to go full loot and warn that char will not be able to regret the desishon if they klick that option

then make all that is full loot shine othere collor then the rest of the players

Elwyn likes this.
  8. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Yeah, give those types a "PVP+" marker so that folks can know who are set to full loot and who isn't.

Give the Full Loot types an even greater XP Bonus and potentially some other bonus like a slightly enhanced skill learning speed of 2.5% or something. Then... those types can put their avatars where their mouths are.

I suspect though, that won't do anything to grow numbers, because the Full Loot PvP types typically just want to knock about lower powered players to lord over how much better they are.

Elwyn and Gorthyn like this.
  9. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

No, 1 server. We need better PvP options and more incentive to PvP. The devs are working on it! :)

Elwyn, Nelzie and Daedwax like this.
  10. Curt

Curt Avatar

The closest to this that i could picture.
    Each month we have a QA where we test things.
    They could each month have an ironman server where everyone is PvP flagged and none can group.
    you start from scratch and if you dies your char is deleted.
    Have so in each scene is one score item? you can earn.
    The winner is the one that at the end has survived and visited (and picked up) the most scenes.

Verit, Dhanas and Elwyn like this.
  11. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

I voted no; PvP as such is dead in SotA already and you won't attract new PvP'rs to the game without clear and targeted marketing which costs lots of money port don't have. Returning PvP'rs won't be enticed back either especially by making them pay a subscription for something many have already backed game and feel truly burnt from passed experiences from the nay sayers to current direction games going. A specific area anyone can go to PvP such as realm based via a chosen allegiance with defense and capture of structures and resources like other games would be far more positive step and I believe under consideration already by Chris.

Verit and Elwyn like this.
  12. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Sota´s instanced scenes are perfect to make all kinds of pvp/non pvp places, with different rulesets. For example, some scenes could be cap item power and advl level, others like ruins and shardsfalls are pvp only with no power restrictions.... this game doesn´t need another server but more polished pve and pvp content, optimization, and skills balance and more risk/return with better drops in pvp zones.

Dhanas and Elwyn like this.
  13. golruul

golruul Avatar

There's a specific term for this: No True Scotsman fallacy. It goes something like:
    • Bob: All PvP-only MMOs fail.
    • Tim: They failed because X. No true PvP game does X
    • Bob: But game 1 didn't do X and still failed
    • Tim: Game 1 also did Y. No true PvP game does Y
    • Bob: But game 2 didn't do X and Y, but still failed.
    • Tim: Game 2 also did Z. No true PvP game does Z.
    • Bob: ....

14. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

This is a pretty staggering result. I mean, I thought it would be lop-sided, but I didn't think it'd be THAT lop-sided. I voted no. It just isn't what a vast majority (obviously) of people want, and I do not believe it would bring a significant number of additional people in. In fact, I'd argue that there is a fair chance that it could hurt the overall numbers.

Scanphor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.