Ruins and Shardfalls revamp (difficult, loot and xp)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joe Zhudarak, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Ruins and Shardfalls are gorgeous places, well made but at this time the most of them are pointless, no decent loot and a few high end bosses and mobs to kill. There are severals safe zones tier 8+ and the pvp adventure zones are only tier 5.

I suggest some love to those scenes, with better loot and decent mobs to kill. It is not hard to do. Make it great please!

More liches, elite skeletons, harder obsidian golens and aliens plants versions please.

2. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

There already is enhanced loot drops there as far as I know and more chance to get rare crafting items like beetles. Not sure if most people just dont know that... there is also special liches in some that drop unique armor. People just dont wanna risk ransoms when they can just farm elsewhere.

I really do agree though that the shardfalls are beautiful zones and should get used more.

Applerust likes this.
  3. mass

mass Avatar

I get 2x to 3x beetles from upper tears than shardfalls. Upper tears is a 4+ scene. Definitely something out of line.

Nelzie, Sara Dreygon and Dhanas like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

But you are only getting those from defeating the near by Tier 5 creatures there.

Of note, notice the + in the tier 4 rating.

Nelzie likes this.
  5. Floors

Floors Avatar

Nobody goes there because nobody wants to get ganked by folks with over 1000 points in every tree in the game.

Level gate PVP areas ! Problem solved

StarLord, Nelzie, Cordelayne and 4 others like this.
  6. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Where are you sourcing this from? That has not been my experience.

7. mass

mass Avatar

I think the plus is supposed to refer to the 'cave'. Where the cotton bushes are in UT are ~tier 4. Would PVP be higher risk than 4+ PVE anyways? UT seems really unbalanced to me.

8. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Some good points there. Mobs are just fine in most of them, can't say the same for loot tables. Hope they can find a good "risk vs reward" balance soon.

Nelzie likes this.
  9. Morgoth redbeard

Morgoth redbeard Avatar

i think pvp items in pvp sones would be good why give out pve stuff in good amount in a sone mean for pvp just make no sence to me

FrostII likes this.
  10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just FYI, the lower area of Upper Tiers is basically a tier 5-6 area (based off the mobs in there, like have fun with Mr. Berzerker and friends....).

The Upper area is however tier 4 creatures.

The Cave area, is obviously WAY more higher level.

11. Floors

Floors Avatar

The other thing that would improve shardfalls are if they made more interesting lore and tied it into quests in the game. Give is actual reasons, not just PvP, to go on there. What was Libris, originally ? Was it like the Lyceaum ? What about Midras ? Opalis ? The maps are cool, but there's just not enough interest to really go to areas that have such a "dead" feeling.

12. mass

mass Avatar

Did the devs say that? Other than the berzerkers I would believe 4 for it. If what you say is correct, then the scene is mislabled as like 90% of it is not Tier 4.

13. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Remove PVP from the Shardfalls, problem solved!

14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The areas in this game are designed differently than the boring garbage found in all other mmos.

The tier rating is a suggestion, and to give you more information before entering an area. They are not absolute numbers. That may be what is confusing you.

The + added to a tier rating is to possibly be careful when entering an area.

Sara Dreygon and Chatele like this.
  15. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I used to go to the Shardfalls (usually Verdantis) a lot to gather resources. I could kill the golems and flesh eating plants and other natural inhabitants. I knew that PVP players could kill me so I slunk around trying to keep out of plain sight as much as I could. Sometimes I met other players who were gathering resources. No one ever attacked me. Then everything in the game got harder and harder. So I went back to hunting in tier 4 zones. I don't go to the Shardfalls any more because I don't think I can survive the mobs.

Sara Dreygon, Cordelayne and 3devious like this.
  16. mass

mass Avatar

I like that scene a lot and it used to be my favorite place to collect beetles.

Nelzie, Sara Dreygon and Kara Brae like this.
  17. mass

mass Avatar

I like the fact that scenes have mixed content; but if you're going to have numbers, they should be meaningful...so I assume that they are. There are plenty of scenes labeled tier 5+. If that's more suggestive of it's content than 4+, then that should be the label. If the intent is to have something suggestive of 4+ as it is labelled (e.g. mostly tier 4 mobs with a few stronger encounters) then the scene is not balanced correctly. And in terms of reward, it throws a monkey wrench into the risk vs. reward paradigm of pvp zones and tier 5+ zones (even though, to be honest I never thought that pvp zones should be dramatically better than pve zones, but a little extra oomph makes sense for risk vs. reward).

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  18. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

The ruins have a point at least for the main storyline, but only the Paladis Shardfall has any reason to visit (again for the main storyline).

Ruins, I think are fine right now (I farm certain ones occasionally for Obsidian Chips, no I won't say which one(s) but it is almost always empty of other players), however, the two types of zones that need some REAL revamping are the Shardfalls and the Control Points. Seems like the original plan for the Control Points did not follow through (even before they were opened) and now serve even less purpose overall (well, other than, at least for me, Eastreach Pass is a decent place to circle around and harvest Mandrake Root) and Shardfalls... well, what purpose do they even serve to begin with outside of "bits of the moon crash fell here" lore?

I would rather see an actual purpose given to the various types of scenes, not simply "place insanely powerful mob here".

19. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

Maybe, or give a PURPOSE to the PvP in Shardfalls. If Obsidian Trials work better for PvP interest, then, yes, remove PvP from Shardfalls as unnecessary.

20. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

So many places need an "intro" when you show up, zoom the camera around, have some narration talking about the story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.