1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

No Community Livestream Sep. 14

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Serafina, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I don't think it would be hard to fill an hour with talk about player made books.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

My first thoughts on this was that perhaps they are finally implementing some requests and going to tell us about them as well. But I am not sure on this but I think it would be great if they added missing details to each system in the game as they can. Being able to make your book not able to copy is one such request I've heard. ;)

3. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

It would be nice to know if Scottie is... booked for the stream.

Krissa Lox likes this.
  4. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all. So no Livestream but purchases count toward goal. Problem is there is no info on what the total is. @Serafina can we please have a visual or otherwise marker for where we are on the Livestream goals? Or can you send me a PM on the totals so I can update my OP on Telethon/Livestream rewards?

Telethon, Livestream, and Quest Rewards

5. tyorl999

tyorl999 Avatar

Hello ... the whole 12 hours run a minutely update about the stretch-goal.
    2 minute before midnight we had reach 63.988 USD:
    so if there were no big deals in the last two minutes., we did not reach the next goal.

But we have one more week to get the 100k :)

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  6. Womby

Womby Avatar

How dare you! :)

7. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Would be awesome if people could "sign a book" or even funnier if you could "vandalize" one. That kind of stuff usually infuriates me but when I was about 10 or so I got one of her old books from when she was about my age:
    Hold the Reign Free I think it was. On page 3 someone had written: "If you're interested, turn to page 15." On page 15 it said "if you're really interested turn to page 38." You can tell where this is going... So by the time I followed a series of notes that built my anticipation, I got to the last page the note said "Boy, you're nosy!" I thought that was hilarious! (It might have helped that the notes were in my aunt's handwriting.) When I asked her about it, she laughed and said when she was a kid they used to do that to books all the time.
    It would allow me to put my own notes in my copy of Laz's book about making 1000s of gold a day.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  8. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I can understand your view and I used to think that too! Until I decided to decorate the books with color and special symbols and even borders on the first page :) Then you get into whole orders of magnitude with the details involved that require you refer to HTML colorsets, special characters, and laying out things in a text file so that the imported product looks the way you want it to in game! How do you hide mistakes? How do you align borders? How do you code for color?

I had to do a LOT of research to figure things out. I had to do a lot of experimentation to produce a book with ASCII illustrations.

So yeah. It may seem like a boring thing to do on a livestream and perhaps it will be. :eek: But if it has any of the above information that saves people days and weeks of work to make their books more than just a wall of text, I think that's wonderful :)

9. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

I was looking forward to finding out more about books in the game. I know a lot of people write and publish their own stories in the game, but I have no idea how that's done. I thought this was an interesting and completely different type of livestream, and I hope it just gets pushed back to next week rather than rescheduled for "a later date".

We already get plenty of livestreams about weapons and fighting and XP and leveling up and traps and dungeons and secret passages, etc.

10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Verit, Synergy Blaize, Womby and 3 others like this.
  11. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I just found the Twitch window that I had left open, with the last 30 minutes of the "chatstream" still on it. Glad to hear the reason there was no stream, I was somewhat puzzled when it didn't happen.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.