Think well ever see a Teckel in Game?

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Caveloot.com Owner, Sep 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stile

stile Avatar

For those not in the know (as I understand it from a lot of past research, many, many years ago), Teckel is a slang sort of term for Dachshund, in Germany, Primarily found used by devoted Dachshund hunters as opposed to general folk.

Not sure how hard it would be to add to the game, but was mentioned as a possibility as far back as during Kickstarter, for the Edelmann bundle. They went with another breed choice.

But given the number of dog and cat breeds in game, I find it odd these are missing. They are one of the top favorite breed in both the USA and Germany. Which translates to highly merchandisable, (and it is.. you can buy anything. There's a $500.00 weather vane I really would love for my house.. but poor).

When a company enters the merchandise field and says "lets do dog stuff", they say "which are most popular, and we shall start there".

Given the animals, we have seen to date.. I can certainly say this has NOT been done well with dogs. A lot of HIGHLY popular breeds have been missed and breeds while popular, have been done that fall farther down the scale, thus not earning as many sales as if the more popular breeds was done.

Now toss on top of that, this is also one of the most popular breeds in multiple other Countries, including Germany, and that the breed has suspected origins going back to 2000bc in Egypt....

why is it not in the game yet?

Whats more, it offers a LOT of alternate versions once the initial skin has been done, allowing for even more sales then some of the other breeds have.

There are the standard and the miniature. There is also the short hair, the curly hair, and the long hair. This is a total of 6 possible "store items" from one basic animation model. BEFORE having to go fantasy with "winter", "ghost", or other such things.

Anyway *shrugs*, trying to be objective and personal preferences aside (as I own 3 long hair miniatures.. one of the most stubborn sub-breeds, of one of the most stubborn dog breeds in the world!), it seems like this would have been a great money maker at one time and was passed for less popular things.

With the lower dev team, focus being polish, etc.. I dont know that we will see new animal breeds any time soon..

but seriously, when the Dev's do get to that point again, do 5 minutes of internet research on "most popular breed", and start with #1 and work down.

It would make US happier, as a majority, based on statistics, and it would make the devs happier seeing better sales then picking say, #14, because one of the Dev's might own that breed *winks*

2. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

Great idea, dachshunds are intelligent dogs. Dachshunds in Sota!

Witcheypoo likes this.
  3. 3devious

3devious Avatar

When we were having player made assets put into the game I was begging poor Mel when we were using IRC to build a Great Pyrenees mountain dog. I was totally willing to pay him but it would have been a waste of his time if it weren't going into the game. Looking back on that... Can you imagine how badly I would have ragequit the second my Hannah took one point of damage or worse some elf/brigand/kobold/troll/PK/demon attacked her? Oh man!

Cordelayne and Witcheypoo like this.
  4. Witcheypoo

Witcheypoo Avatar

hehe i could see pugs that make snorting noises, sleep on their backs and snore like a 300lb man! :) I might even buy one those in game, never in RL because of overbreeding and the lack of desire for such a medically problematic dog, but they ARE so ugly they are cute!

Cordelayne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.