Obsidian Trials - Revitalization

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Fruck, Sep 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I don't feel the rewards are the only problem with the trials. As mentioned they need to be fun and give goals as well imo.

2. oplek

oplek Avatar

Maybe instead of capping skills, there's some kind of auto-balancing system. I thought this was an interesting concept:

Who knows, maybe the top % of PVPs might want a challenge.

Bow Vale and Sara Dreygon like this.
  3. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Would be cool if every 7 hours there was a match for double the rewards. More people would show up for that.

Elrond and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  4. oplek

oplek Avatar

Thinking about this some more...

I was intending on trying this out, but never got into it, so most of my understanding is hearsay.

But here's some reasons why I didn't get around to it.
    1. I'm a casual player. I'm not interested in being hardcore PVP. Going up against hardcore PVP dis-incentives me (and hence, the interest in auto-balancing)
    2. Chores. The problem with having taxed properties is that I psychologically get into a state where, if I'm not working towards making gold, I feel like I'm falling behind. So that became my primary focus every time I logged in. It became a job.
    3. 1v1 - there's some "performance anxiety" I always feel when it comes to PVP. What I like about teams or group efforts is that it takes that pressure off.
    I'd almost put "rewards", but this goes with #2... it's more like anti-rewards... it costs to do this activity, while also simultaneously causing me to not earn.

So here's an idea - what if we earned something like 100g in tax credits for every match we participate (and there's be a metric for determine whether you're just multi-boxing and standing there, soaking up the rewards). That'd alleviate the feeling of falling behind without being a transferable gold-faucet.

I like the idea of achievements. Maybe non-transferable decoration rewards too (trophies, etc).

Fruck and Alioth like this.
  5. oplek

oplek Avatar

And addendum - maybe the earned tax credit has a limit of something like 2x the daily cost of your active deeds.

6. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

An interesting notion.

7. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Agreed - sums up my feelings too - I play games to have fun and relax - PvP / having to look over your shoulder whilst adventuring I find neither fun nor relaxing. Doesn't matter how its tweaked, I won't be taking part. I suspect this is true for a sizeable % of the population.

Cordelayne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.