Why are Crowns Tradeable?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brian4, Sep 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

When did operating a POT become "essential"?

2. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

in @opTi 's defense he said " If i say owning a pot is the only relevant goal (for him) ... That would make it essential.

3. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

That would still be an attainable goal.

1. Collect Piles of COTO's or other In Game Gold valued items...

2. Leverage that to buy things that can be traded/sold on the forums for real, live money.

3. Be fair and make an effort to complete those trades.

Over time, one could generate a size able bit of cash, if one is good with budgets AND can put aside that cash in a place ONLY for the intended purpose... Maybe in six months, a year, two years someone will be selling their POT for whatever reason and... boom... you get your POT. Even THAT can be eventually obtained doing nothing but playing this game and collecting in game resources to convert into cash money items.

Heck... Property lots sell for a decent amount, so, always buy as many raffle tickets as possible... if one can snag a couple of those, that could be a nice boost right there.

xadoor likes this.
  4. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

I can get the same 100k of telethon items for $5 (4 COTOs).
    Then:
    If I sell my 100k IGG I come out $4(which could buy like 10+ obsidian potions but who even needs anymore of those)
    If I use my gold to buy 25 COTOs I've spent $5($4 less risk) to buy 29 cotos(4 less than you). You've effectively spent $4 for 5 COTOs + some worthless trinkits..oh and a TITLE!!..ahahahahahahahahaha, sorry can't help myself.

I could also add $1 to the extra $4 you spend and do the entire process a 2nd time and end up with 58 COTOs(24 more than you) for an extra measly dollar. 24 tokens for a buck is a SWEET deal. That $9 deal is a total beating of a deal.

That said, involving real money in this game isn't fun for me and I don't actually even spend the $5/month anymore since they removed the store credit. There were times when the bundles could be bought and sold off at a profit as well and I had no interest in doing that either. I'm basically not interested in using money from my wallet to made deals that are only good deal if I can find a bigger sucker to buy what I bought for more than I paid(and that is the gist of your argument I think)

5. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

this is exactly what I did to get my village bundle. It actually gives you direction and keeps the game fun. the same people that have money to burn buying bundles for themselves will pay for your bundle 1 cent at a time.

Nelzie likes this.
  6. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Please to be messaging me your ways... I would LOVE to upgrade my bundle to a Village or higher. I just don't know where quite to begin.

7. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

Its no secret(but its getting harder by the day as the RM value of gold races to the bottom), you just save every gold coin you can, SELL everything, live in rent free area till you get the first bundle:
    1) Sold tons of gold/silver ore(ore used be be like 70/ore, now closer to 42)
    2) Sold tons of wood, its quite lucrative right now(like 40+ each), if you can farm sieges
    3) Sold tons of rings(they used to be worth 30k each, now maybe 5-8k each
    4) Sold tons of new recipes(they have value for a few weeks) 5-10k each
    5) Sold tons of non-vender recipes - used to be 8k each, now only 2500ish
    6) Won 2 lots from the raffle(1 row, 1 village), sold them both, few hundred 1000, not sure its worth playing anymore
    7) sell components, beatles, sooty bark wtfever you can find
    8) dragon heads..sell them
    9) cowbells? sell them
    10) rabbit pictures? HUGE seller: 25k each
    11) occasionally hit a hot recipe like troll belt, staff of death etc? sell them
    12) sell bow strings of speed/precision from the elven bows you salvage 4k each
    13) when essences came out they were an easy 8k
    14) right now I bet the ugly dolls wold fetch a ton
    15) dragon neckbones used to be an easy 20k
    16) occasionally when you shop if you see something too cheap buy it and resell. This isn't really my thing but for some its a total buzz.
    17) fleet flutes, ox belts, shooters sash and others used to have a lot of value.
    18) always look whats demanding money and be on the selling side of the trade while you can

I'm not saying this is still possible as nothing seems to sell that well anymore and the Real Money value of stuff is going down faster than a cheap.....nevermind.

NEVER buy!! Keep your eye on the prize!!

I sold my first million gold for $165
    2nd million for like $150
    last million was only $85.

Buy the bundles ON SALE during the telethons they are WAY cheaper. If you dont craft you can sell the tools from the bundles thou I didn't do this.

8. Blightlord Knightmare

Blightlord Knightmare Avatar

Where is the 25 COTOS from $9 coming from? Is there something you can spend $9 on in the add-on store that instantaneously will give you 25 COTOs/100k gold?

I'm having trouble connecting the $9 he's talking about translating to 100k .

9. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

The prices are based on RMT rates from the Marketplace forums and buy/sell rates on player vendors in game.
    • I can sell the cosmetic rewards from the telethon for 100k+ IGG on my vendor in game.
    • You could then sell the 100k IGG for about $9 on the commodities forum (https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...odities-wts-wtb-e-g-cotos-wood-sugar-etc.762/)
    • OR you could use that 100k IGG to buy cotos from other player's vendors. (The current price on vendors in game is around 4k per coto, so 100k IGG will let you buy about 25 cotos in game)

10. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

The $9 is the same price as simply buying 9 COTOs off of the store, plus you get a few extra things. Note that the bulk price of COTOs goes down to 100 for $85 if you buy more at once. Portalarium is not responsible for and has no control over the RMT price of IGG.

11. Blightlord Knightmare

Blightlord Knightmare Avatar

So sorry, and please forgive my ignorance, but what is IGG?

12. Floors

Floors Avatar

In Game Gold.

13. Apostle

Apostle Avatar

Crowns are tradeable because they neither improve gameplay or detract from gameplay.

Therefor this game isn't pay to win.
    Not a single one of you can define what conditions have to be met to "win".

I am a professional and master video gamer. I have more hours video gaming than anyone reading this, period. If this game was p2w, I wouldn't play it.
    I have put a few thousand hours in SotA without spending more than the $ 39.99 that Episode One costs.
    I actually should buy more stuff from the store just to support Portalarium.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    Rentier and Elwyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.