1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Portalarium has moved! (expect some delays)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

My bad. All I was thinking was white male privilege when I wrote that, so I juxtaposed it. I'm sure some prefer women and some female. I'm not trying to assume anyone's preference.

2. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

This is true but in order to ensure diversity, you sometimes have to hire underqualified people and take it upon yourself to get people up to speed. Nothing will ever change if you don't. Anyway, I dont want to derail the convo. It was just a quick observation.

3. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Blake,

Time for you to report for reconditioning. Easier for all if you go willingly, this time.

Thanks for the move update.

4. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Isn't that discrimination? Hiring someone because they are a particular race, age, or sex?

5. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

Congratulations Portalarium, and Great job on circumventing the ISP blunder! Glad to see everything's working out with the new space well. Have fun with all that unpacking and organizing, at least our summer stupid heat is gone!

6. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

I've been mandated to head back to the asylum. :p:p:p Maybe someone else can help you with these answers.

Greyfox likes this.
  7. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

I’m not from the USA myself but this sounds absurd from a business point of view. It seems to me if there are demographic issues with race or other diversity not being represented in a small company like this the problem is best looked at holistically from the government to make sure there are equal opportunities with education and other socioeconomic barriers that could be contributing to the larger problem (if there even is one, you need to compare many different companies to make a judgement like this not just one small company)

Larger companies can afford to hire based on diversity but if you are trying to run a competitive game development company you have to hire the best talent you possibly can and this means you need to hire based on talent rather than diversity alone. Certainly you wouldn’t want to compromise your talent to make sure you tick the diversity box, it’s just bad business practice.

Lynx Fain, Nikko, Max Bennis and 5 others like this.
  8. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Oh come on man. Why is it always like this, just stop that please. It is 2018.
    That ship has sailed like ages ago.

Nikko, xadoor and Arradin like this.
  9. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you all for your feedback and support here, we appreciate it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.