TF PA Deeds -Do they ever expire?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by privateerFox, Sep 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. privateerFox

privateerFox Avatar

I have a tf pa deed that I place in a npc town. If I take a long break will my deed expire from inactivity or will it remain essentially permanent?

Trying to figure this out as in the lot management window it says I have 119 days of taxes remaining..?
    Yet it's tax free. Pretty confusing, seems like it could be more clear...

2. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

Every time you log in, the timer will reset back to 120 days.

3. privateerFox

privateerFox Avatar

Hmmm, so after 120 days? Lets assume I'm inactive for 150 days when I do log in: house gone OR timer just resets?

4. Phoenix007

Phoenix007 Avatar

If you reconnect only after the number of day. All stuff and deed are in the bank.

5. privateerFox

privateerFox Avatar

Ok, well thanks for the info.
    It's a bit depressing as the whole reason I bought the tf pa deed was to have a permanent home placed and not to have to worry about replacing it as I take breaks from the game. There should be extensive fine print somewhere --easy to find-- that details all these particulars up front.

*As long as there are plenty of lots all throughout the game world I don't agree that this timer should be on these types of deeds*

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

@privateerFox even if the lot expires, just be sure to place a copy of your current home in the Magic Mover. That way you can easily and quickly place your lot and home down.

7. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

As far as I can see you can't save a copy of the house and still have it up too.

Jaesun likes this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Oh! However, if he saved a copy of his current house, but then placed a different type of house down, wouldn’t the first one then be saved?

I’m still learning this confusing Magic Mover stuff.

9. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

Yes you can save a copy of a house and place a different one out you just can't have one in in both places.

So say he knows he will be away for a while he could put up one that is just a house or just a simple set up. then when he comes back he pulls his regular house out while playing.

But as Logging in reset the timer.. it is pretty easy to log in every once in a while

Sentinel2 and Jaesun like this.
  10. privateerFox

privateerFox Avatar

So magic mover does not in fact save a copy of your current house with all items...?

At any event, with as much as these deeds and houses cost and with the fact that I'm speaking specifically about the tf pa deeds, much more functionality and value would be inherent for a player
    if the timer did not come into play until, say 75% of the lots (of the deed type) in any given town became full --then the timer activated.
    This would be reasonable. As far as I'm concerned it is not reasonable now.

11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

To be fair, they do expire to keep people from just holding a property who aren’t playing.

12. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

… but currently you just need to log in once every 4 months to keep your tax free home. Magic mover can save a copy of your house with all items - you just need to put a cheap house in place of the current house you want saved.

Jaesun and Lady Kathleen like this.
  13. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Not reasonable? How so?

I've been here far before persistence. We have many lots that are empty or have a house, but the owner hasn't logged in for months. Or longer.

I picked up two lots in where the owner hadn't logged in for over 365 days!

IMO, if the owner of a lot can't login once in a year, how interested are they really in the game or the location? Other's are willing to develop the lot. Otherwise, how do we get rid of the impression something has been abandoned?

And waiting until a significant number of lots are in use doesn't help. Looking at the NPC towns. They are pretty much all taken. The timer would have been in effect since persistence :D

A year is a long time to wait. And we need people playing the game. Otherwise it won't be around for long.

Just my .02

Alley Oop and Lady Kathleen like this.
  14. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

The Magic mover does save a copy of your current house, you just can't display it and it be in the magic Mover at the same time.

I think what is not reasonable is a lot taken up and not used by a current player. I do not think 4 months you could be away and not loose the lot is reasonable... Even my son that was in the Military could find a way to log in at least once in 4 months if he was interested in playing the game when he got back home.

Considering no one will never loose an item, but only a location. I do not see how this is unreasonable.

In other games I have played you only got a month.

Alley Oop and Jaesun like this.
  15. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Honestly... what is so bleeding onerous about having to log in for a few seconds EVERY FOUR MONTHS????

It is not like the property goes away a la UO... no IDOC's here. You didn't spend tens of thousands of gold pieces for a house deed to have it decay out from under you. Even if you spent thousands of RL dollars to get the pledge level, the deed(S) go to your bank. You lose absolutely nothing but four months and a few seconds (if you were just barely late) of opportunity and placement.

If we are talking about taking a break for longer than your timer will allow because of something more pressing, like a military deployment, then I am pretty sure the devs would put a hold on the timer for you.

The only benefit these were ever intended to convey, besides the freedom of placement with the advent of POT's, was the fact that you don't have to pay the taxes to keep them in place.

16. privateerFox

privateerFox Avatar

As a very casual player when I'm not playing a game, I'm not logging in at all. I have nothing to to with it. But, still I wanted to look at the deed as an investment that bought me a fair amount of permanency --because I do plan to keep returning and revisiting the game to see how it has changed. As already stated if there was a shortage of lots in the town I reside I could understand the timer being in effect but that's not the case, there are over 75% of the lots still available. Therefore why not give some benefit to players who keep returning to the game and have spent an inordinate amount of money to maintain their holdings...

It's a dead horse. I disagree. Move on.

17. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

@privateerFox Actually when I think about it the Offline mode does not have timers on the lots. and being your such a casual player that might work for you much better!

Jaesun likes this.
  18. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

If you set a trustee for your lot, they just have to go to it and do "something". I forget exactly, but they can bump a piece of furniture slightly and it should count. Maybe just closing shutters could be enough.

What they don't want is someone occupying a lot and not playing the game.

If you only played every few months, you could put your house away in the magic movers and then when you come back, you can claim a different lot and move it back. There is an extra fee if the new lot isn't in the same city.

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@privateerFox
    All you need to do is login once before the timer expires. I recommend making a reminder on your phone.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.