Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Dragging a portion of a SPLIT stack to container locks items in limbo.

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by bugmaster77, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bugmaster77

bugmaster77 Avatar

09/14/2018 00:02
    Title: Dragging a portion of a SPLIT stack to container locks items in limbo.
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker?
    Details:In a friends basement, trying to place reagents into a chest he owned that was locked down on the floor. I had access to drop things in the chest.

1) When SPLITING a stack (holding shift, in this case 23000 Nightshade, attempting to put 21000 in the chest, leaving 200 in my inventory) the text of both parts of the stack turn red, and go to their respective containers, but the text stays red for both stacks, one in my inventory, one in the chest. My encumbrance dropped for the entire 23000.
    After closing the chest, the stack in my inventory stayed red, and was entirely NON-interactable and did not register in regards to the counters on my hot-barred spells.
    Reopening the chest reveals the entire stack of 21000 Nightshade is MISSING from the chest, nor is it now in my inventory. Missing entirely. Text for the stack of 200 in my inventory still red and non-interactable. Encumbrance did not register for either of the stacks.

Completely closing the game, and logging back in reveals ALL of the original stack of 23000 is now back in my inventory, normal text color, the full encumbrance is registering, as if nothing had ever transpired.

Further testing:
    2)Dragging the entire stack of 23000 WITHOUT spliting the stack worked normally.

3) Spliting the stack into two stacks of 21000 and 200 in my inventory, THEN dragging the 21000 to the chest worked normally.

4)Repeating the same steps described in 1) with other stacked item types gave the same results, giving me the impression the problem is directly related to dividing a stack from the inventory directly into a placed container, regardless of the item type.

Steps to Reproduce:See above description.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16384
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6045
    SotA.Win.64.830.Date.09.07.18
    Area: BasementSceneDungeonVillage_5Floor
    Area Display Name: Village Stone 5-Story Basement
    Loc: (9.9, 5.0, 13.9)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZUR1bmdlb25WaWxsYWdlXzVGbG9vcnx8KDkuODU1LCA1LjA0MSwgMTMuODcxKXwoMCwgMC4zMSwgMCwgMC45NTEpfDIuMjQ5OTE4fDE1LjkxNDYxfDEwLjU2Njc1

2. bugmaster77

bugmaster77 Avatar

Added info:

The chest I was splitting "into" was set to allow me to only add items, not take them out.

I suspect the new permissions applied to the stack in the chest erroneously applied to the portion remaining in my inventory as well. Relogging reset the entire transaction.

3. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

Submitted 61882

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.