Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Eastmarch Cave Treasure not really treasure?

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Hemswal The Descended, Sep 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

09/15/2018 06:36
    Title: Eastmarch Cave Treasure not really treasure?
    Reproduction Rate: 6/6
    Blocker? No
    Details: Opened the "Eastmarch Cave Treasure" and didn't really get any "treasure"
    [​IMG]

Steps to Reproduce: Get a group of 5 or more people to work together to complete a puzzle that takes a while to complete without cheating (a bunch of running around) the kill a few bog men and loot a chest to get the above non-treasure. This isn't even really valuable to a new player. However, it was a cool puzzle.

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16348
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.Win.64.830.Date.09.07.18
    Area: Novia_R5_City_Eastmarch
    Area Display Name: Eastmarch
    Loc: (-355.7, -45.1, 76.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfQ2l0eV9FYXN0bWFyY2h8fCgtMzU1LjcwOCwgLTQ1LjE0OSwgNzYuNzYpfCgwLCAwLjg3MSwgMCwgLTAuNDkxKXwxMzI5LjgwMXwyMy45MzI5OXwxMi43Mzc5NQ==

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the feedback! From what I recall, the designers who set up that treasure tried to balance a good reward for a puzzle against low-threat monsters in a relatively safe area. At a glance, I think the treasure seems fine, but I will probably get some feedback from my co-workers before I put this issue to bed.

Applerust likes this.
  3. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

I can kill 1, 1 skull mob, which takes about 1 second and is no threat even to a new player. That would yield more of a gain then this puzzle that takes a while to do, and at least 5 people to do. (Btw 2 Bogmen spawn inside as well. They give more treasure than the chest does)

4. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

Every "treasure chest" is filled with this rubbish and ruins every hunt. It not like I want 1mio gold or something really big in this chest, but I want something were you think "worth it".
    In Tenebris habour, a pirate town, I would have laughed my a** off if I had found a spezial named whiskey in the chest, so I can display somewhere "I solved this". But what did I found? fragment not worth the work. It totally ruined the whole treasure hunt.
    The same thing with the treasure hunt were you have to collect the skeleton. Give me a skull with eyepatch on it as reward and I'm happy but not those fragments.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Applerust likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.