Tips to Stay Organized

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Verit, Sep 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Verit, I have a lot of items and have set them up in trunks. Trunks are easy to craft and are flat on top so they stack. I have some stacks that are 5 high. Please visit my house in New Fawn. On the second floor is where I store things and you can see my setup as well as the names on trunks.

Verit likes this.
  2. Verit

Verit Avatar

Thank you for the invitation, I will check it out.

3. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

I use several stacks of trunks for stuff which does not stack. Not labelled as I remember what should be in.
    Crafting materials and components I have in chests (since I have them since long, would now also use trunks) , unfortunately I need several, organized by non formal rules, I only remember most but not all ;-)
    So I tend to open all of them if searching for something special - but I do not care about loading time, still way better than the bank.
    And yes I miss the time with unlimited inventory, I would like to dump everything in 1 single container and filter/search (bank is no solution, its polluted with telethon items, almost full and takes ages to load)

Verit likes this.
  4. mass

mass Avatar

This is the first game I've played where item management is actually really challenging. For crafting, I just use three chests near my crafting tables: 1. ingredients A-R 2. ingredients S-Z 3. Rare ingredients. I do it this way because of the way I craft. I typically don't craft all the time, but like once a month where I dump all the ingredients (sans rares) into my inventory, craft 1 of each thing for as many things as I can (for the 'one time' xp bonus) and then dump it all back into chests and pull out individual things that I actually want to craft. This works for me for crafting, but I still struggle with other stuff, which ends up getting stuck in various containers all over the house. I occasionally have to play the 'where did I put that damn thing' game.

Having some dummies to put armor on would be great. I can't seem to get the weapons rack work well with halberds. It would be nice to have a convenient drop for often used equipment to see them and change them out quickly (though I suppose I could just put them on a table).

I like this topic though. I definitely need a better system myself.

Brewton and Verit like this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I name a Wardrobe "Refrigerator" for the cooking area :p

Trunks and chests on wall shelves.

But for me the challenge isn't in where to put things, it's in getting them out of my inventory after an adventure. So much trash and crafting mats. Run to milling chest, dump, run to blacksmithing smelting chest, dump, run to refrigerator, dump, run to Viola's tailoring chest, dump, run to alchemy chest, dump, run to vendor, sell, still have one or two things for several of the chests hanging around that I missed on the first time! Run to almost all of them again. Do it again.

Scanphor, Verit and GreyMouser Skye like this.
  6. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @mass, I do something similar with my crafting area. I have 1 chest per crafting tree and when I craft I just pick up the chest and put it in inventory. When crafting it shows all things including things in chest because it is counted against your weight limit, which is always encumbered. I walk a little slower but i don't have to search or divide back up when done.

Verit likes this.
  7. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

You could dump everything in a temp chest and sort it only every couple of days.
    My main challenge is to restock the proper number of reagents/food/arrows afterwards (else I would just dump everything not locked).

8. Curt

Curt Avatar

Basically used up one of each storage chest pattern and use that chests for crafting related matters

mining,foraging,forestry,field dressing chests next to each other where i store materials i obtained recently.

And wish they made the reshape chest simply use the crafting symbols instead of having to hunt down a Pot thats selling the storage chest patterns.

Verit likes this.
  9. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

I increased my bank size to a healthy level and just keep everything there. It's easily searchable and with a remote device, I can access it from any house.

Verit likes this.
  10. mass

mass Avatar

I used to do this with backpacks, but it ended up being a hassle because every failed attempt would put the ingredients in my inventory and not back in the packs. So at the end, I'd still have to dump all the stuff back in their respective packs. Does it still work this way?

Verit likes this.
  11. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Not sure. But what I do is just open my inventory and the neighboring chest. Then I use the crafting table. If I need anything from the chest, I just grab it then :D

mass and Verit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.