Starting a second char I realized How much fun outskirts are

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chatele, Sep 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

The most fun I have ever had in this game is the starter zones, all the outskirts. After that blah, game tends to be not so much fun for me... I really wish all the zones had meaning like the outskirts do... I love doing the quests there, I love adventuring there, exploring, feeling like I am actually helping the refugees etc.... We need that expanded eventually to all the scenes …. then it wouldn't feel like such a grind.... Once I am done with the outskirts, again, I don't know what I will be doing, guess I will go back to my main, because The rest of the content, been there done that and it is not so much fun as the experience You get from the outskirts.... and finding it hard to repeat content that I don't like... ah such is the life of a wanderer . :) Any hoot, back to having fun again doing the outskirts :) JMHO

dang typo in the title it is Realized …

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Even more interesting, they are all getting redesigned to focus more on the story, instead of being tutorials.

The tutorials will be separate locations.

Really like this idea better. Starr mentioned this on the last livestream.

Still, the Outskirts areas are still really nice and a lot of fun to go through currently!

3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

You can change the title by clicking on the Thread Tools drop-down above the first post.

Chatele and Witcheypoo like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And side quests have been coming in most releases to other areas. If you are someone who likes to do quests look around at scenes and do those. Some are really cute and that is not just related to the outskirts areas.

I'm hoping with the small staff that we can still get those coming in to all scenes. I would love a daily fishing merchant to give us our fishing quest and to reward us with some interesting bait types or a new fishing pole and occasionally I would love if we could get an event to catch the fish who swallowed that taxfree deed. Perhaps monstro is his name ;). I hope we can add special fish in for events sometimes.

Chatele likes this.
  5. Blightlord Knightmare

Blightlord Knightmare Avatar

Agreed, I was super pleasantly surprised to find them (I've been playing for years and didn't even realize they existed until last year, even then I thought there was only one) A friend of mine started playing and I found him at a second outskirts area and wow! It was a lot of fun! Didn't know there was a third (should have realized it though). So there's the Geists, the Blood Summonings with the Split Personality Ghost, whats/where's the 3rd one?

Astirian, Chatele and Witcheypoo like this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Blood river, near Aerie.

7. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

That is a good scene. There are some real jewels mixed in . Some of the low tier and older zones need some TLC or complete makeovers.

East Perrenial Trail, etc. Could use some expansion, Easter eggs, quests, etc . Even just fetch quests from nearby towns would be good.

majoria70 likes this.
  8. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

LOL never noticed that. ty

9. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I know what you mean about the outskirts. They're fun! There aren't any other zones with the same quest density that I have found. I think it would actually be a bit strange if they did unless they were an area in crisis.

But there is a lot of great content if you like mysteries and puzzles and role playing and using your imagination a bit.

If that sounds appealing to you, perhaps you should play with me and my like-minded friends :cool:

(Edit: we're mainly European time)

Chatele likes this.
  10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I'm a big fan of them. I just wish that they were not all starter areas, but instead the player went from one to the next. That way the difficulty of two of them could be increased. As it is, by the time you get to the third you are way overpowered for it. Fairly OP for the second one you do as well.

Kain Darkmoor likes this.
  11. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Yeah, that is a bit jarring. Although, it is kind of fun.

I missed the pacifist robot quest when I originally went through blood River, so I returned recently.

It was kind of a hoot to one shot everything. Now I know how it feels to be an aether dragon :D

I don't know how they could do it differently, though. Creating a particular order that the main story needs to be completed would solve a lot of problems, but it would certainly spoil the illusion of choice.

12. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Yes but they are still fun … :) BTW I already did all the other quests(not in the outskirts) with my main ….. don't care to repeat a lot of them, I found them more aggravating then fun... A few were fun, but not all... I only plan on doing the other quests with my alt that is not related to the last part of the main quest line, because I hated them....

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  13. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Every scene could have a fun quest line about individual characters in that scene, some may need help warding off the bandits, or pack of wolves that keep killing their chickens, or bears that keep invading their space, other beasts and evil human form types that need to be destroyed or find lost sheep, a pet, a child etc, there is so much possibility that will not interfere with the main story line. ALl the are is fun fun fun, and makes the world more alive then just entering scenes to GRIND mindlessly.

Vladamir Begemot and Jason_M like this.
  14. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I agree. Even a bit of lore would do tür trick. Ruins everywhere but no explanation! Not a dead cultist with a correspondence on his person. Nada much of the time.

Why does ulfheim attract bears? Are the Norse men attracting them with their bear totem worship?

Maybe someday.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.