I have a question. Why is shroud so end game and level based when it said it wouldn't be?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vyrus, Sep 16, 2018.

?

Do you feel shroud is to strong on end game and doesn't have enough for new players

1. Too much for end game

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. Just fine for end game and new game

20 vote(s)
    46.5%
  3. Not enough for new game

16 vote(s)
    37.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Even though there are many folks who still think you need to be a level to do something (and for the sake of argument, your adv level does in most cases go hand in hand with the level your skills are at and therefore is a reference number for your characters POTENTIAL power), mostly for the sake of newcomers it probly needs to be poitned out that levels are not a problem. They give u a bit of a health and focus boost and nothing else. For instance, i can join a UT public group looking for 95+, but they would be dissapointed to find i use no magic, cant cast heals, and am quite squishy and die in a few hits.

The real issue lies within skill imbalance. With so many possible builds around, there are most certainly some cookie cutter skill combinations to build decks and gear around that will offer your character the most defense and offense simultaneously. There are plenty of people to talk to who can tell you what the flavor of the month (or several months) is if your looking to maximize your power, and i garuntee you it does not take that long to get the ability to solo bosses if you have the right gear to go with the build.

But if you follow whats strongest, dont expect not to be nerfed or outclassed by another build/skill/gear at some point because skills balancing is gonna be ongoing.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  2. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

low level bosses, i would say no.
    mid level bosses definitely - 2k HP trolls, Reapers, that fire elemental in nightshade pass I can't remember the name of. Though not as many, but then you don't spend as long at that level as you do at lvl 90+

Also a lot of scenes have + areas now, so they are not bosses but they are harder tier normal mobs, which if you try to take on at the tier level of scene will be as hard as bosses.

I would have voted not enough for new game in the past, but with the new progress (which i like) the new game is basically the outskirts scene. So you are very quickly to mid level.

Regards
    Spung

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    Witcheypoo, Vyrus and Elwyn like this.
  3. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

I think the game needs improvement in all these areas but they are pretty decent as they stand and the good news is the Devs continue to make improvements every month.

Witcheypoo, Adam Crow and Vyrus like this.
  4. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I dont think there is much endgame at all, it takes a weekend to hit the 80s doing UT all high end areas are doable by the time your in the 80s though some might require a small party.

5. Vyrus

Vyrus Avatar

From what I've seen playing more is that the game is mostly skill based and is group based for higher tier areas to level up significantly.

I'm more satisfied now. Grinded for like 3 weekends straight and got to a good level.

I guess I should have added more content for the poll. Haha. The mines aren't easy to do though for lower levels. So if you plan on doing blacksmithing you need to level up just to get in there.

But I guess I was just stuck in a bad spot with my character.

Got some things figured out and now I'm understanding the game more.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There’s lower level mines, just in case you didn’t know.

Feeyo likes this.
  7. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

The game itself is about completing the 3 Paths and the Path of The Oracle and being judged, then awaiting E2, etc. Everything else is a sandbox built around that. Player towns, RP, developing your avatar more, fishing, player dungeons as examples of things to do between episodes. A lot of tools for making your own fun. IMHO

Witcheypoo likes this.
  8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, "mines."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.