Crafting repeatable "Quests"

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Witcheypoo, Sep 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witcheypoo

Witcheypoo Avatar

Hi, just thought I would toss this out there. Where DO the merchants GET their goodies that we buy?

I would like it if the armor, weapon, alchemy, cooking (all merchants that sell things that can be crafted really) would give a quest, something like BODs in UO so as to give some semblance of obtaining the wares that they sell! This would give all levels of crafters a moderate income/experience gain. Hey, make me 10 constantan chain armors, for this i will give you THIS xp, small amount of gold and maybe a somewhat rare drop recipe? (randomized of course as we cannot keep RNGGeezus from owning all crafting profits...)
    just my 2c :)
    Witcheypoo

2. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Biggest question is where do they get their infinite reserves of gp? But I do like your idea.

Witcheypoo and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  3. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I agree ...gold should be replaced by unique crafting components .

Brewton and Witcheypoo like this.
  4. Witcheypoo

Witcheypoo Avatar

or just give out recipes and maybe the crafters wont have to spend 15k on a recipe for a component for a component of a recipe from someone. just my thoughts.

Brewton likes this.
  5. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Repeatable crafting quests that give you crafting tokens that can be exchanged for materials or recipes. Rare recipes would obviously have a higher cost but if you are limited to 2-3 quests a day know i can get a unicorn bow string recipe in 3 weeks of doing quests is a much better goal than hoping for a random spawn to randomly decide to drop the recipe I need.

6. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Could also add crafting buffs for the tokens. Say a 4 hour buff to exception chance.

Anything that is not gold but is of use to crafters.

Regards
    Spung

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.