Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Pet gets WELL DONE while conversing with NPC?

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by VasKalCorp, Sep 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VasKalCorp

VasKalCorp Avatar

What the heck! While talking to Vincent (Brit Estates) about my Survey Ticket, I didn't notice that my Tamed Patriarich Bear (Partriarich Tank) sat his ash down in the fireplace. I was long gone on overhead map before I noticed my pet wasn't with me. Hmmmm.... strange. Entered a random encounter and my Summoning Glyph was dark. Looked at parer doll... empty Summoning Whistle Necklace +1 on my neck. Looked at conversation log and discovered my bear had burned himself to a crisp. Can I get him back? Been with me for a long time and has recently participated in a LOT of battles. I miss him <cry>

This should not happen. Why didn't he flee? :(
    Have a screen shot of conversation with bear demise.

Lost a Ferocious Red Spider to a .... aahhhmmmm... brain fart... a couple weeks ago and still grieving over that loss. :( Even more so than the bear cause I can't solo tame one of them.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@VasKalCorp, if you cast the rez spell from the life tree OR the pet rez spell from the taming tree on his corpse before it fades, you can save him. if you cast the pet rez spell from the taming tree (but not the life rez spell) while wearing the whistle within five minutes of him dying, you can save him, even if you've left the scene. the whistle popover will actually have a countdown showing the valid period. past five minutes, it'll only work on pledge and store pets, not tamed ones. the only pledge/store pets i think this applies to are the chest mimics, as i THINK the rest of them are deco pets, and those you can always just resummon.

it is very much worth getting the pet rez spell if you haven't, even if you don't train it far.

3. VasKalCorp

VasKalCorp Avatar

Thank you. The problem is however, I'm pretty sure the 5 minutes had elapsed before I realized my pet had died IN the Magic Shop while I was shooting the bull with Vincent. Rez and Summon were both dark and the whistle empty by the time I got into a scene and tried to use the spells.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.