The Rise XP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crendel, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nib

Nib Avatar

That's what "new content" is for, you don't just keep rehashing existing content because people leveled up.

Mishikal likes this.
  2. privateerFox

privateerFox Avatar

Hmmm, so solo players like my self who almost never get exp. off "tougher mobs" are getting the shaft. In R57 I was already struggling to get any significant exp. at adventurer lvl 65, even with double exp. weekends. Now..? And, while more gold is great I'd much rather have more exp. from the mobs I can solo than gold. 2¢.

Cordelayne and Mishikal like this.
  3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I don't know how Crag Foothills is in R58, but that's where I XP'd when I was in your ADV level range.

Jaesun likes this.
  4. privateerFox

privateerFox Avatar

Thanks Mishikal, I'll take another look at Crags. Before I left I had been there and it was one of several places that folks said I should go to exp. but, I was not very impressed with the exp. I was getting. Sounds like now that will be less...

5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

There's two basic areas to it -- the elven camps, and then an area full of skeletons. The skeletons (pre-R58) gave the most XP at that time, and had a fairly quick reset.

6. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

Yeah I am with this idea and up for it. The rise could and should be group farming place as a high end dungeon. So don't really bother me that everything is harder. But at least plz let us get the same xp. I think what's piss the player off is the fact they nerf the xp. If it was hard like it is and we got same xp as before it would be fine for me...

I can still solo it and get attune, but fact it took me 45 to 50 mind wich is not so bad... but had to use different tactic. But I didn't saw a bettet loot tab so far if they really change it...

Keep it up everyone we will get there with a great game but they still have to put more love into it haha

K1000 likes this.
  7. Nib

Nib Avatar

Forced group play will kill this game. This isn't WoW so don't try to push it in that direction

Sylence and Mishikal like this.
  8. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

+1

But what disappoints me also is the sense of progression seems to take a hit. When I actually feel I'm getting better, there is a huge increase in enemies strength, and now I feel a took a few steps back. I understand the logic behind the changes, but it still stings...

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Dyonisys likes this.
  9. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

We know it's not wow, but there also got to be some group content or it will kill the game play too. Must find the balance between.

K1000 likes this.
  10. Nib

Nib Avatar

Then they need to create group content not take away what little dungeon fun there was to be had.

Sylence, K1000 and Mishikal like this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

So what kind of stats would the mages have if they had the previous xp value?

Witcheypoo likes this.
  12. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

The rise is the group content, honestly this thread is pretty bonkers, most people who I talk to who solo the rise didn't even notice a difference.

Brewton likes this.
  13. Nib

Nib Avatar

Then they are being horribly dishonest

Sylence, Scanphor, K1000 and 2 others like this.
  14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

They must not watch their XP much then, since the mages were cut by 33% (12k->8k) and the archers by 11% (9k->8k). As for difficulty, it probably depends significantly on what you play (ranged, melee, or magic).

Generally, the real problem is that the rise was essentially the only good spot for non-PvP solo XP. If they want to change what the rise is being used for, then there needs to be decent scenes in the game (I.e., worthwhile XP with a large quantity of humanoid NPCs) for solo players to be able to do as well. I've been to scenes across the game and while there are some with OK XP (at least pre-R58), they're tiny size wise (I.e., Ulfheim).

The next best area I could find, humanoid NPC quantity wise, is Crag Foothills, but you only get a few K XP tops for killing them, so it's only good up to a point (I was there until adv level 87).

Innascual Inch, Scanphor and Nib like this.
  15. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

Also the loot sucks in Crags. Good place to farm gold, but extremely low chance of getting an artifact or a yellow bundle... So there is no good solo high level area with a good balance of XP/loot

Nib and Mishikal like this.
  16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Sorry guys, this one's my fault again. Two releases ago, I learned I was able to solo the mage room. So naturally, it's been made tougher. When that didn't ruin it for me, they made the XP worse.

I have to second the previous post concerning moving goalposts. That seems to be the core mechanic of SotA.

Sylence, Thwip, Scanphor and 4 others like this.
  17. helomech

helomech Avatar

I feel like the Rise is someplace i was slowly becoming able to go. Through the everyday grind and the level ups as a solo player i had just started dabbling in the Rise. How many players sat in that mage room and pulled off GM after GM after GM farming the heck out of mages? One guy came out of the rise last week and he had over 80 GM's. He was spending 90 percent of his time there for the past 3 months. Okay well I'm finally ready... OH.. WOAH NOPE... Wait a minute.... Oh the mages are harder and dont give as much Exp? Oh well hey.. way to make it fair across the board. Great job... (its great when a week before the new release there are people living in the rise) I guess somebody knew what was coming. Oh well.. I guess i'm not missing anything considering i never had the chance to see it.

Sylence, Witcheypoo, Scanphor and 4 others like this.
  18. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

Did I miss something the make all of Rise harder or just mage room? an how much more xp? I know before solo in the rise you could att in say 30 to 45 mins maybe sooner if you got the setup for it... but for me it was a long 30 to 45 depending on how much I could take.

19. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yeah, The Rise was what finally made me feel like I was able to progress my character in the game. People seem to think one should just "go find a group". That doesn't work well for me and my schedule, even if I wanted to group. In a group, you have to XP at the pace the group needs, while solo, I can XP at the pace I need to go at, which was generally work to clear the mage room which was very difficult initially. Eventually I could clear the mages room and the kitchen area both in a "round" (1 set of dex/str potions). Then it's break time (anywhere from 15 - 45 mins). Now I've got nowhere to go that's worth the time and effort. So I'm glad for those folks who can group and go at a group pace, even if they get less XP. But for me, it's essentially ended my desire to play the game as worthwhile solo content is severely lacking, while I've consistently since persistence seen group XPers have plenty of spots in which to XP (control points, the monkey room, upper tears, etc etc etc). So if the rise is now group only, then it's just yet another slap in the face for mid level solo adventurers.

20. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

As I've noted before, the changes were not specifically directed at the rise, but the rise was significantly affected.

a) Mages had their hitpoints increased by 33% (900->1400)
    b) Mages had their XP cut by 33% (12k->8k)
    c) Mages attack power was increased and/or defensive spells aren't as effective

Other mobs were changed as well (Archer's XP as dropped 11% (9k->8k). Don't know if they hit any harder. ;0

Scanphor, FrostII and K1000 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.