Dear Devs, does this look right to you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steevodeevo, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Hi, @Chris , @DarkStarr ,

This is the area around Britanny a moment ago. If I knew how to do a video I could do a panoramic and show that every town in Regalis is burning. It's spectacular, sobering and illustrates a great and ongoing war with the forces of darkness...

[​IMG]

In time I'm sure we will see this war unfold and be able to influence it. Currently its happening all around us and we can't participate or influence it. My dream is that one day we will be able to influence it at the meta game level as in 'Warhammer Online' which in my personal opinion had the best open world PVP I have ever witnessed. But I digress and that wasn't exactly my point..

Why so many sieges, just why? Is there something going on we're missing? Is the burning towns and encroaching siege engines just to illustrate that there is a war going on? Does the number of burning towns signify we're losing?

I enjoy town siege combat with the Engineers and stuff and the repeatable quest hand-in with the Scouts is worth doing. However when the Bosses appear I scarper as solo I haven't a hope in Hades of defeating them. There is never anyone else there to group with. It would be awesome if players advertised for group runs on town sieges but it just doesn't happen. I suspect this is because there are just too many sieges and folks don't see the point. Plus the rewards maybe aren't worthwhile? I'm not so sure about that with the end bosses loot, although folks also say artefacts aren't worth much..

If there is a 'bigger picture' dear Devs? please ignore this post.. or rather; please enlighten your adoring fans on the plans? If there isn't a bigger picture then maybe just a massive reduction in the number of sieges and a massive increase in the consequences on the besieged towns would enable and encourage us Players to form groups or town owners to recruit mercenary groups of players to end sieges and avert the threat or penalty.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Hey, with the new loot, they might actually be worth doing now! I usually clear a bunch every few days to refill my catalysts stack, but I never thought of making a LFG... good Idea!

Gaelis and K1000 like this.
  3. Lained

Lained Avatar

Pretty sure those are just lights and chimney smoke indicating player activity inside. The burning wagon & catapult are indicative of a blockade.
    Signifies there's likely lots of blessings in those towns.

4. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

Yep, Sieges always seemed like a great idea; but, the current system has way too many and is essentially broken.

A lager number of sieges would be workable with a larger number of players. I would suggest making only 4 or 5 sieges for the whole map and increasing rewards.

One way to program the reduced number of sieges would be to compile a list of the current sieges, assign each list item a number, then randomly select four. Increase loot, and you would have people actively looking to play those scenes.

Another idea, would be to have a post-siege scene with refugees and associated mini quests - The refugee says, "That SOB cultist stole my 'Moss covered three handled family gradunza'! " Go to the current siege and retrieve it for me! It could have a chance to award a deco item, etc.

Boris Mondragon and Almar like this.
  5. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

What i see in that picture is half the town are sieged. The reason they are sieged is because the pot owner have a devotion shrine for that specific cabalist phase. Most town just use ALL The shrine in their pot or try to. Thats why they are always under siege. Some are more restrictive and have only 2, some have none at all. So yeah its up to the player to add or not devotional shrine to their town so they get sieged or not.

6. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I do understand this and a previous poster also referred factually. But my point is the same, I hope we don't get distracted. As you say, it would appear that simply the sieges are calculated on the points accumulated by shrines. What are the consequences of these shrines? It appears to me that currently there are none, especially now that the inconvenience of running around a siege is removed.

Ps: Sorry, I missed your point that only half the towns were sieges and the rest was illumination from chimneys in occupied towns. Its a good point. I'm pretty sure the image quality under represents the sieges, but I can't be certain or confirm or deny in retrospect. All I can say is that I was definitely not intending to misrepresent and the world looked like it was on fire to me which was why I was inspired to post. I don't post unless I have something to say.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Witcheypoo likes this.
  7. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

So, what's the point of this post?

8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If you have Windows 10, press window + g and that brings up the built in recorder to record videos of your game.

9. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I just ran 7 of them in a row killing the cabalist. Level86 melee polearms. Use those defenders as your fodder! :D 6 of the last 7 days I posted siege groups and no one joined. It's not there fault no one other than me wants to do them. I also join them whenever I see them posted, because I'm trying to finish the quest, and Corpus and Avara continue to allude me. Yesterday when I finally got Avara, instance reset after they killed me once o.0! *shakes angry fist at the gods*

But yeah I will join you... I've been getting decent loot of them too. Now if only siege engineers would also start dropping granite with their wood. You know to make flaming boulders with Port... yeah that's my justification! :D

10. Floors

Floors Avatar

Where are the granite vendors ?

Jaesun likes this.
  11. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

If you are in fear! all you need to do is enter a town. Intruders are unable to penetrate such holy grounds. Some say the guards not even need sharpe swords!

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

As with many things I feel there's not enough reason to keep doing things after initial grinding for whatever. With a proper achievement system rewarding for completions as a goal or task is missing. We have a quest to kill cabalists but it would be nice if things we do were tracked by the game too. Like completed 10 sieges achievement and maybe earned points towards something or other rewards.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  13. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Hi, I went back to the original image, which is much clearer than the screenie. Here I have annotated the sieges in this view...
    [​IMG]

Some folks have wondered what my post is about :) Here's what its NOT about - I'm not complaining. I am not suggesting that I can't get a group to do sieges. It is true that it is very difficult to find a siege group, but my reference to few groups being interested in sieges is made to illustrate that there are so many of them, that they seem fairly pointless and now with the bypass set up, they have little or no consequence.

I am however making an observation and am implying that sieges could either be reduced in frequency and made more rewarding for solo and group play, and/or that the sieges, signifying a worldwide war, be given some meaning and a meta-significance to the game either now or in the future which I'm fairly hopeful will be the case.

Boris Mondragon, Lained and Vodalian like this.
  14. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

With the bypass I say leave the frequency alone. They have been made more rewarding with the loot change this release as well... AND I've always loved the easy wood.

Let the world burn. Destruction is purty!

Osiris3, majoria70, Almar and 2 others like this.
  15. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

not for me it doesn't and i'm into the latest version of win 10 as far as i'm aware. I may need to check my options. Any idea if its an app or what the function is called?

Fixed I had it disabled somehow - thanks for the tip.

16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I was just checking, it’s part of the xbox app, which should already be installed? It was for me.

Steevodeevo likes this.
  17. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

How about this:

Completed sieges give Cabalists a point
    Cleared sieges give the players a point

At the end of the month, we enter a dark age or a golden age for the following month (Thanks Civilization for the idea).

Rewards or penalties for the entire next month, for all Avatars.

Once Evil Avatars having something good they can destroy (or if they can get a summons to go defend sieges in PvP) then the rewards/penalties are awarded based on your Virtue and how your "Team" did that month.

18. Floors

Floors Avatar

It's time to move on from the Sieges. We've seen them for years, we've all killed at least 100 cabalists.... I hope these are removed in Ep 2

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  19. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I used to clear sieges all the time.
    Since I only get the reward once a day now, I do one a day. Otherwise I end up with thousands of quest items I can never do anything with.
    I know a couple other people in the same boat.
    If others have adopted similar methodology, then yes, the world will burn - nobody's dealing with it anymore.

Boris Mondragon and Spungwa like this.
  20. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

POT owners and dwellers, of which I am one of course one, may not like this suggestion at all, but if Portalarium simply increased prices for items from NPC merchants in towns under siege (representing supply shortages) lets say by a small but significant amount - 20%? - then more folks would likely attempt to break sieges, especially if it were there own town. They may even talk to their neighbours for the first time and group up to deal with the siege on behalf of the town community. Seems such a small thing to do but may make such a difference in a number of ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.