Just a quick question about the signed game boxes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Furious Farmer, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

Regarding the new limited available signed game boxes, is the signature on the intact plastic wrap or is it on the box itself with the plastic wrap removed?

Personally, I would prefer the signature on the box itself with the plastic removed.

Amelli, Ataniiq, CICI and 1 other person like this.
  2. stile

stile Avatar

It's a very valid question. SotA Developer Tracy Hickman has very strong feelings about this topic, I know. He does not ever like to sign the plastic on a box, because it can then be removed and applied to anything, thus creating a kind of fake.

3. Montaigne

Montaigne Avatar

I don't think we need to ask this question. If you read the text it says that the sig is on the game box. They have made this very clear. I'm sure that Richard would not sign the plastic wrap. The signature being on the wrap of the collector's edition was a deliberate rumour spread by someone on another forum.

Vladamir Begemot and majoria70 like this.
  4. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

I do not remember something about a signature on the wrap. Must be a deliberate rumour spread about another forum.

5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Yea. That other forum where that rumor started always tries to declare WAR on us. That is where I saw that rumor first. Not on here.

6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Was a post where someone couldnt tell. Then clarified a few min after it wasnt on wrap.

7. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

I think everyone saw that rumor start on there. And the countless others...

Jaesun likes this.
  8. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

If you’re refrrring to the Raw reddit - nobody there claimed the signature is on the wrap.
    When the first CE boxes arrived one reviewer mentioned that the sticker was on the wrap. After more boxes and reviews came in, “even” in Raw people didn’t claim stickers were on the wrap.
    It’s pointless who declared war on whom first - especially as most Raw authors were active posters here first. If you don’t like their style or postings, ignore it. Or discuss it there.
    Answering a thread with no link to other forums with accusations of “war mongering” is off topic

Preachyr and Mykll like this.
  9. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Actually I will say that if it follows the backers signed items that it will be a signed sticker that is applied to the out side of the box, not the plastic wrap. LB did sign all the stickers himself there is a video of him signing 1000s of then in sheet form.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.