Shroud of the Avatar: New Beginnings, Issue #2!

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Elgarion, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Update -- 24 Hours to be become a backer and so many cool extras!

Be sure to check out the Kickstarter for the comic if you haven't in a while. LOT of great unlocks have occurred! Myself, @Indi2 and @rild are on standby for any questions that you may have!

Summary:
    • ALL $9 and above tiers will receive digital copies of issue #0, #1 AND #2!
    • ALL $9 and above tiers will receive a community in-game cloak unique to this campaign!
    • ALL $19 and above tiers receive a print copy of issue #2! (Excluding the full digital $34 tier for those trying to save on shipping costs).
    • ALL $19 and above tiers receive an enamel collectors pin! (Excluding the full digital $34 tier for those trying to save on shipping costs).
    • ALL $19 and above tiers will receive an in-game painting unique to this campaign!
    • ALL $34 and above tiers will receive content/ad space of various sizes, depending upon tier level, and are automatically entered into the content/ad contest!
    • NOT UNLOCKED: at $5000 (only $700ish away!) puts me back to work! I'll write up a multi-page journal of Arianna's travels in issue #0, #1 and #2 to become an additional part of comic #2! It'll be a great insight into the mind of Arianna as she flees her world with Christopher through the Rift, becomes separated from her beloved, and meets her new friend Gemma along travels in New Britannia.
    • ADD-ONS: many add-ons have been unlocked already such as patches, an alternate cover, and an 8 page process zine, and many more!
    Only 24 hours left to become a backer! It's a great time to get in on this campaign--so much value has been unlocked for those interested!

Sean Silverfoot and Rentier like this.
  2. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

When will this unique painting be revealed?

Rentier and Elgarion like this.
  3. rild

rild Avatar

Good question @Grimace2

We have been thinking the cover art would be the most appropriate for the painting. However, we'll let our artist @Indi2 decide what fits best.
    Obviously we want to alter the art as little as possible. Another possibility would be one of Indi's large watercolor panels.

oh, also . . .
    BREAKING NEWS - this just in
    • All $34 and above tiers will now receive a second (different) exclusive painting
    Happy to have the opportunity to offer another reward to our generous backers, and to see more of Indi's art inside Shroud :)

We hope this will motivate a few more folks to pledge for Content Space and contribute their own creative ideas to this publication.

Rentier, Sean Silverfoot and Grimace2 like this.
  4. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

This is approaching Extreme RAREs territory.

There are a few in game items I can remember missing the opportunity to own (Hearth of Britannia Cabinet, some expired items from the add on store).

I will not miss this opportunity.

Rentier likes this.
  5. Elgarion

I'm voting that it be the water color of the bridge at Ardoris... very beautiful. Being a watercolor, it might fit the theme of other paintings in the game, perhaps? What'cha think, @Indi2 ?

Rentier likes this.
  6. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

[​IMG]

The iconic Ardoris bridge?

I like that idea.

Rentier, Sean Silverfoot and Elgarion like this.
  7. Elgarion

Cool graphic, @Grimace2! Thanks for pointing that out!

Rentier, Sean Silverfoot and Grimace2 like this.
  8. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

Sean Silverfoot, Rentier and Elgarion like this.
  9. Elgarion

Grats all and thank you so much for the support during the campaign. I hope you enjoy the comic and the goodies!

Rentier, Grimace2 and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  10. Daevin Aruth

Daevin Aruth Avatar

Ooops, missed it :(

Elgarion likes this.
  11. Elgarion

Don't forget -- if you backed the comic and earned ad/content space, get those ads submitted soon! Again, thanks so much to supporting us!

Please email ad/content submissions and questions to sotacomic@relicsbyrild.com
    Deadline for submissions is Oct 31, 2018.

All content submissions must be at 300 dpi (print resolution)
    Use RBG format for the most accurate colors.
    PSD, tiff, and PDF file formats are recommended for the best print quality.

Do not use JPG compression. LZW compression or uncompressed files are better.

Dimensions in pixels are as follows
    - Row Lot (Personal Size Space) = 1050 wide x 315 px tall
    - Village Lot (Quarter-Page) = 1050 wide x 1575 px tall
    - City Lot (Half-Page) = 2100 wide x 1575 px tall
    - Castle Lot (Full-Page) = 2100 wide x 3150 px tall

Grimace2, Sean Silverfoot and Rentier like this.
  12. CICI

CICI Avatar

Elgarion likes this.
  13. Indi2

Indi2 Legend of the Hearth

Hey Cici! Rild is putting together a Kickstarter update in the next few days (his workload has been really heavy), but we've accomplished a lot toward printing and are in the final stretch. All of the ads have been laid out, the enamel pin is done, badge designs have been sent off, the process zine proof is currently in the mail to me for review, and all that's left is layout of a few pages in the back that we should have the final info for by Tuesday of this week (there's some sizable special bonus material that will be going into the book as well - I don't know if it's been announced yet, so I don't want to spoil anything) - then the main comic will go out for a proof for me to review (usually a few weeks on initial proof printing) and make changes to, then it's going out. :) Watch for the KS update by Tuesday as well!

14. Elgarion

I told folks on the stream about the journal, so share away! ;) And that journal is complete as of today.

Grimace2, Sean Silverfoot and CICI like this.
  15. CICI

CICI Avatar

Grimace2 and Cordelayne like this.
  16. Elgarion

@CICI Hey there CiCi! As for a publication update, that is a VERY good question because I too am excited to get my hands on the first comic that I've ever written! @Indi2 and @rild are on the publication side of the house but the last time I talked with them they said they were on track for full on-time fulfillment. I think they just had one or two pesky physical rewards that took a little bit longer than expected to get back from the manufacturers. All digital rewards and physical rewards are coming out at the same time. I'll let @Indi2 and @rild chat about that stuff more specifically though.

I'm JUST about to post a really COOL update on the contest thread this morning. We've picked the winners! So sometime later this morning be sure to check out...

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ters-of-the-sota-comic-2.141391/#post-1142955

I'll include instructions on how to receive your prizes, since some prizes come from Indi, some from me and some from Ben ;). Grats to those winners! (Working on that thread now!)

Sean Silverfoot, CICI and Cordelayne like this.
  17. rild

rild Avatar

CICI I sorta wanted everyone to see it in print first, for full effect.

Packages will begin shipping next week!

18. Elgarion

AWESOME!!!

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.