[Resolved] R58 - low encounter resources?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pleione, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

Look, it's not about cutting slack.

I hope the Devs know that we love this game and that's why we play.

When a ton of stuff gets broken each release, and it's one step forward, one step back -

Right now I can't fish (fixed), I can't run fast on overworld, I can't gather properly (nodes) and something in my taming deck freezes my game, along with my bed in my house is totally black, ruining my bedroom -

then yeah, we're gonna get frustrated and say something here.

Something must change with the way the game is QA'd currently, it's not working well.

Sorry !!! Sometimes the truth hurts !

The community is being asked for 100k each month for items, all we ask for is please break a few less things each release....and please try to fix some of the things that you do break that stay broken for long periods (wishing wells, birdbath, cabinet of virtue, items, etc)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    Scanphor and Nib like this.
  2. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

maybe do big patch every 3 month with full working content rather than unfinished and broken content.

moko, Feeyo and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  3. Floors

Floors Avatar

Either that or do it every 2 months with more time spent QA'ing the release. It would also give people more reasons to log in

yinki2 likes this.
  4. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

what about episode 2 ? will it be released piece by piece ? or in a full release?

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  5. Floors

Floors Avatar

Pretty sure that it will come out piecemeal currently. I dunno about the quests, I hope they at least hold them back so we don't have to beta them in the game.

6. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Monthly updates with content must bring huge pressure to this small team. Personally I'd rather see quarterly content updates and monthly / 'as and when' bug fixes, polish and performance updates.

Nietzsche, Feeyo and yinki2 like this.
  7. BoldEagle

BoldEagle Avatar

Even with 4 yearly updates they may have to push micro-patches to catch things that weren't noted during the development/release phase. The only way to assure appropriate Quality Control is to have a dedicated tester team assessing any patch pre-release and ensuring most common functionality, zones and instances seem to function as expected capturing bugs during this phase and having them rectified before the release. This will never capture everything but it will help to minimise the likelihood of major issues occurring and the customer experiencing levels of frustration and possibly reducing their game time (thus eroding their interest).

8. BoldEagle

BoldEagle Avatar

So apparently it has been fixed but patch notes show yada (nothing)!

9. Randbo

Randbo Avatar

not quite fixed. needs tweaking. the resource spawn in elysium is 25% below normal, after 2 full hours in there. each hour was 25% lower

10. BoldEagle

BoldEagle Avatar

Just starting in thr now at least thr are nodes but it defies belief this isn't a 'bulletin' on the forum front page - it certainly wasn't a patch note nor did this thread have any updates from developers!

11. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I have been saying this for some time also. I fully agree, these monthly updates seem more like fast hacks into the build rather then taking your time and program some good thought code.
    I think the monthly updates had to do with the monthly telethons.

Nib likes this.
  12. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Smaller Dev team with same development schedule = greater chance to mess things up.

13. Nib

Nib Avatar

The monthly releases made sense during the building phase of the game, post launch quarterly or every other month would be more sensible.

Feeyo and Nietzsche like this.
  14. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Indeed, and I think they could still do successful monthly telethons, I think they would still be fun and interesting and generate revenue even if 2 out of 3 months weren't associated with a specific content update. Ironically they could be more tantalising as the Devs could tease 'bigger' content updates and we would all be salivating for news of progress in the between months.

I think some of the often valid criticisms of 'bare bones' or unfinished or late features (brewing, fishing, wyverns, taming, new bears etc) would be hugely alleviated by allowing themselves a bigger chunk of time to code, refine and test. Plus poor Chris gets a hammering every month for his combat tuning stuff, if he had more time to test, adjust and test again, we would (should|) have much smoother transitions and much more satisfying content updates.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    Feeyo and Witcheypoo like this.
  15. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

I noticed a similar thing.
    The initial spawn seems ok but respawn seemed a little slow. Didn't run any numbers on it, just going by what I observed after 3 circuits.

16. Nib

Nib Avatar

I fear this may have been a "balance pass" I hope that's not the problem.

17. moko

moko Avatar

Was any of this even testable on QA? I mean, if it was on QA surely somebody would have noticed the resource spawn problem, right? I really wish they’d have everything tested on QA before pushing it onto the live server.

18. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I think some variable stuff is tweaked regularly server-side on their console when it gets out of whack, such as drop rates, ore re-spawns, supply bundles and so forth. Much of it we don't hear about, or sometimes even notice, but I guess it's needed to control inflation, or over/under supply. Looks like this ore re-spawn tweak went a decimal out!

Jason_M likes this.
  19. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

It wasn't on QA, was working fine the day of release and most of the day after. Around 4:45pm (their time) they pushed out patch 840 which was a hotfix and that was the one that broke it.

Feeyo and moko like this.
  20. Alexandros Joriin

Alexandros Joriin Avatar

If it is something to be regulated, i confirm that in Elysium the resources spawn from 20% to 45% less .... and it is really frustrating. I think everyone has noticed, however, until now, that the situation inside the mines of Elysium has deteriorated more and more, from release to release. First a doubling of satyrs and ghosts and then an exaggerated spawn of these mobs. I begin to believe that it can be a maneuver designed to make it difficult and unwise to extract resources and consequently the general gain on the markets. (sorry for my bad english).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.