New player here!

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Myke5161, Oct 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke5161

Myke5161 Avatar

Just wanted to throw myself out there and say hello! Loving the game so far, not very far into it yet, but I can see myself getting hooked. Severely. (Bye bye real life lol)

I started MMOs with UO in 1998, and then Everquest in 2000 and played both for many years. Sadly, as time went on, MMOs "changed". The last great classical MMO I was wrapped up in was Everquest II. Needless to say I'm not a newcomer when it comes to MMOs.

What I like about this game so far is that I really do get a feeling that this is "UO2"... and it feels great. I love the old time feel of the game, updated with modern day graphics that aren't over the top (super flashy overly done pew pew boom boom yay graphics).

The opportunities for roleplaying is quite the grab here, seems like there can be quite the immersive roleplay experiences to be had here.

Well, that's enough from me for the time being, I hope to meet a lot of friendly folks in the world!

Elidrick Valorian

Kara Brae, Cyro, Azareilia and 16 others like this.
  2. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

3. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Welcome! There’s a few role playing guilds here you might be interested in. Be sure to read the Guild forum.

And if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Cordelayne likes this.
  5. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Welcome matey - play the game! don't read the forums! nothing to see here!*

* except read the role-play forums.

Gaelis and Jaesun like this.
  6. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Greetings @Myke5161 !

I'm always eager to meet other immersive RPers. Please send me a message on the forums, or in Discord (Helvig #9189) or ingame (character name: Helvig Ingvildsdottir) anytime.

A few friends and I built a small immersive RP settlement with a tavern in the POT Kahli, where you are welcome to stop by for some RP.

Hope you're going to have a lot of fun in SotA. If you have questions regarding the game, don't hesitate to send me a whisper. I'm happy to help.

Daigoji Gai and Olthadir like this.
  7. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

8. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

Welcome and have fun:)

9. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Welcome to the SotA family, Elidrick!

Cordelayne likes this.
  10. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Hail!!! @Myke5161
    Feel free to friend me (Lesni in game)
    I will be glad to answer questions or point you to the answer.

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @Myke5161 to the game. I'm Majoria in game if I can ever assist you, let me know. If you need tips on how to's also I can post a few for you.

We have an in game mail system. Mailboxes located at the bank buildings for anyone to use and you can craft them. To send mail just click on 'send mail' and put players name in then continue etc.

Other players can trade many recipes and emotes with you so save yourself lots of gold. I'd be happy to sometimes for no charge.

Emotes are the 0 key, j is journal, z to get out of combat to refresh faster, t is toggle auto attack and free attack, f is for friends and you can right click other players to send a friends request.
    At the moment our friends lists are our fast travel system but I believe that is soon to be updated to a better system. I accept all friends requests though and feel free to use me as a fast travel point anytime.

We also have looking for group even though many forget to use since it is a newer system I think. That is Alt F.

We have a music system and ability to sync songs with different musical parts together. It is awesome imo.

I never click on the tab key for me it really messes me up. If you do just click it again to get back to normal but who's normal anyway? ;)

I also offer free rooms to anyone in my Inn if you need a place to stay. Do not try living out of your bank is my advice when you can place chests and organize yourself very easily. It is my pleasure really. Other players also offer free room too.

Again welcome. Have a really good time. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears have gone into the making of this game imo. There is still much more coming to us so enjoy the ride.

Point at signs to read. They are not just decorations ;)

Edited

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  12. Myke5161

Myke5161 Avatar

Wow, thank you everyone for responding to my post! I will add you to my friends list when I get into the game. I can already see this game has quite the helpful and good group of players. I look forward to talking with you all! Thank you again.

majoria70 likes this.
  13. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

A hearty welcome to you, Elidrick Valorian @Myke5161 :)

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  14. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

Jaesun and By Tor like this.
  15. Azareilia

Azareilia Avatar

Welcome! My in-game name is Azareilia....add me :). Enjoy your adventures in SOTA, I absolutely <3 it so far

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.