keep walls options needs to be returned

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by jutman, Sep 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jutman

jutman Avatar

So why on earth was the option to have keep walls removed? This seems like a ploy to get us to spend more money on buying the walls.... I understand certain pledge levels came with the walls, but if i buy a keep deed I may not have the level pledge reward that came with the walls. Lets talk about quality of life here, I know it seems a little bit frivolous, but I would like to have the option to have the keep/castle walls. This option should be returned to the player. As it is right now I do desire the walls on one of my keep lots, but I do not desire to buy the walls from the add on store or another person.

2. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

You should have negotiated better with the seller.

I am sure that you got the deed cheaper if it came without walls, and everyone who got the deed, got the walls, so there is hardly some "ploy to get people to spend money"

No issue here, at all.

Black Tortoise and Lained like this.
  3. Lained

Lained Avatar

Added, removed, added, removed, ad nauseam.
    Craft your own.

4. jutman

jutman Avatar

yeah issue..... try and place them and get them all to line up perfectly.... takes a long time...... super easy when the option is there to just have the walls already placed
    Devs are looking at quality of life in the game.... then this is an quality of life issue for many players as well as myself

Now keep in mind Im all for supporting this game with the addon store but this seems like something that was nerfed that should not have been nerfed.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  5. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Talk about beating a dead horse, ad nausea. This is so typical of the design by committee nature that Port has fallen into with this game. One group wants one thing and the other group wants something else. Change it and the arguments start all over again in reverse.

And using the latest catch all argument, quality of life, doesn’t it make it so.

Silverti likes this.
  6. jutman

jutman Avatar

well if one side doesnt want the option for walls to be back they wouldnt have to use them, on the other side it would benefit the group that does want them to be back and would have zero drawbacks to the side that doesnt want them to be back, they would have the option to not use the walls option.....hints a win win !

CatherineRose likes this.
  7. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

I agree @jutman

I prefer no walls on my keeps but I also prefer having the option for sometime I may want to use them. It is always more fun when there are choices.

jutman likes this.
  8. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Some of the nasty things with the manual placeable walls:
    Hard, time consuming lineup
    Disappear if you change the house
    No items placeable on top of the walls, while they take up space on lot (both models)
    Visibility range still limited more than visibility of house
    Unintentional moving of wall pieces while in deco mode

Cordelayne and jutman like this.
  9. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

10. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

where are these many players? does everyone go around forming committees around these ideas, and electing someone to make a post for them?

btw, its pretty easy to get granite and build these things.

11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

if it were that easy to make it a player-toggleable option, they would have done that rather than switching all of them (repeatedly).

12. jutman

jutman Avatar

perhaps it is easy.... maybe they were just lazy.... maybe it actually is hard.... who knows... its an idea they could invest the time into in the future. And i do remember when it WAS an option to have them and not have them.... the choice was up to you when you placed the keep and you could change it while the keep was placed!! so it shouldn't be that hard to add that option back into the game.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  13. jutman

jutman Avatar

numerous people i have talked with in the game genius....
    If you don't like the idea of like minded people having ideas in game and one person posting about them on here then don't enter the wish list request forums

14. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

I am remembering that option quite differently than you are stating. Every keep and castle that was a statically placed lot either had to have them on (voted the first time by dukes/lotm), and then voted all off (by dukes/lotm) as every NPC town and PRT would have to go back and be individually touched if they had to seek the path you are pursuing, and this was always considered time not well spent for the money the community invested to build the game.

However, I am sure if they come up with a brainchild of an idea to implement it, it would be a welcomed addition to existing game structure.

More edit: They always talked about a Snap to Grid system as a tool, so maybe that is a possible answer as well.

15. jutman

jutman Avatar

In "Port Titan" (PRT) I had the option to place my keep lot with or without walls! dont know about NPC towns or POTs... maybe PRT were under different rules. So i know the options were there.

16. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Vallas (Beran’s Reach) Avatar

Happy to help. :)

17. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Originally I preferred the keep + prefab walls.
    But now I think that the current way is better as you have more options: no walls at all, only front line, full wall but with a 2nd gate, ladders to towers, ....
    It costs little time (and maybe a few mats if you build parts on you own).

18. jutman

jutman Avatar

under the option to have them or NOT (an option you would have under the house sign menu if you wanted them or not!!) to have them placed you would still have the option to utilize your own crafted or reward level walls..... hints a win win...... CHOICE!!
    Also a draw back to the Walls deco.... they count against your lot deco item number

19. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Agree. Always better to have more options (also with the prefab walls it might be possible to decorate, not possible with the soft boundaries at the moment).
    However if I had to choose I would take the current walls. The deco limit is high enough to allow a few towers, gates, walls.

20. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

I have played with the walls in offline mode a lot and love them and did not find them difficult to line up.

My issue is you can not place anything on them.. I thought it would be cool to line up statues across them like defenders of the keep.

Duke Olahorand and Anvar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.