Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Has Spectral Mines Been Nerfed?

Discussion in 'Release 58 Feedback' started by Mingo Ebonmark, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

verdantis mines is also back to pre840 amount of ore/gem nodes

Mishikal likes this.
  2. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

One additional change is that it's now a full linked ore node respawn timer versus individual. So you clear the zone of ore then all of the linked nodes respawn at same time.
    (Mining Tip: You can assign equipment / armour / weapons to Combat Decks. Copy your main combat deck, buy a pair of Lead Gauntlets with the mining time % decrease effect and set those for your copied Mining Deck. Switch decks after clearing mine with the main combat deck to the mining deck and you'll mine faster with the Lead Gauntlet bonus mining speed. Switch back to combat deck for any skele respawns. Reminder to lock Lead Gauntlets to inventory along with your main gauntlets.)

3. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

@Chris PLEASE look at your before and post patch numbers for Spectral Mines... This mine is still broken and is no where near where it used to be... I know you believe that some of us whine when we post things but as someone who has spent 6 months straight in this mine to get a lot of producer pooled exp, this mine is now below the 40% rate of ore you used to get in the past. My trip last night in the mine was 14 or 15 nodes out of 41 to 42 spawn locations in the first floor of the mine, and the re-spawn rate is VERY VERY Slow compared to its past R58 patch.

Navalium and Mishikal like this.
  4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I'm sure you're just being "emotional". ;)

5. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

@Chris Thank you Sir for fixing Spectral Mines!

Beli likes this.
  6. Snakyy

Snakyy Avatar

Mines are not bugged. They are fixed. It was a bug that they gave so much over. So this 3 years old bug is now fixed. There was a thread about it but apparently, it was deleted. But luckily everything in teh internet stays in the internez. So here is that thread again:

https://web.archive.org/web/2018100...nced-mining-change-is-permanent.143545/page-6

Navalium and Malimn like this.
  7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

wow, they seriously deleted that thread? Glad it's on archive.org.

Navalium and Malimn like this.
  8. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

WOW... It has been deleted and it makes me wonder if someone is covering his/her tracks... Hmmmmm....

Navalium likes this.
  9. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

I think you mean - they tried to fix it but completely botched it and actually bugging it to a point where there were far too little resources appearing globally and now they have repaired that. If they didn't epically fail at ninja-ring the spawn rates to what they actually wanted it to be, we may not have noticed.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    Navalium likes this.
  10. Snakyy

Snakyy Avatar

Well, I only quote what developers said. I'm not a miner, so I hold no opinion what so ever about change they made to mining.

11. Illiaro

Illiaro Avatar

Is this balanced now compared to other resources like cotton, leather, and wood? Market prices on some raw materials were at a point where crafters could afford it, especially new ones.
    • Cotton - you can grow it.
    • Leather - the harvesting "nodes" come to you.
    • Wood - still getting more wood in sieges than I would ever want to harvest.

Mishikal likes this.
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Is this for both Hill and Forest Sieges?

Mishikal likes this.
  13. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I'm pretty sure that wood is what you get from looting Engineers.

Jaesun and Mishikal like this.
  14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Correct.

15. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

@Chris : Okay, I put some more time in spectral. I'm willing to accept that the output is close.

The problem I'm seeing is that, for whatever reason, it now seems that I get a bit more "ahead" of the respawns. Because of this, I seem to have to take a lap and a half before I start seeing new nodes. The problem here is that it means that a part of the game which is already fairly grindy is now more frustrating as I'm now having to wait around to continue. It makes it feel like one of those things they put in mobile games to get you to pay to not wait. (Let's be clear, that's obviously not what's here, nor do I think that's something that's being considered. It just feels similar.)

Now, I'm right at GM for all mining skills, so I would expect that effect to be more pronounced for someone with less metic and or super-gm on swift gathering and/or base mining (less failures and faster mining and less metic hits).

Anyone else have similar observations in Spectral?

Navalium and Duke James Murphy like this.
  16. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

I did 2 hours at Spectral tonight and can confirm that the ore output is not 100% as before the change. Even though I stopped using gauntlets of lead, potions of haste and wolf speed, the ore still didn’t respawn fast enough. I did run around to find ore respawned out of order (in room 2 instead of room 1), which wasn’t as efficient. To compensate for lesser output, I gmed meticulous mining. Next step would be to level base mining to 110-120, but that’s a lot of effort for an unexpected change. :(

Maybe forcing players to run around mines haphazardly is not a solution. Why not let us do the laps, like we used to? Playing mining lottery wastes our time and forces us to expend crafting xp that can be used on other skill trees.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Tiina Onir and Mishikal like this.
  17. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

Etceter Crag mines ore respawn is SEVERELY nerfed. No gold or iron ore is respawning once mined on first floor. I spent alot of time in this mine prior to recent patch and can say 100% it is jacked the phuck up. PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS!! Thanks!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.