An apology to Chris Spears.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by amarious, Oct 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amarious

amarious Avatar

All too many times after a release people are quick to respond and slow to use rationale while doing so. Myself included. I'd like to think that my comments were mild compared to some but I still held up my pitchfork none the less, I am not excluded by any means.

There's a process I realize, and one big important thing I think is that people don't give others the benifite of the doubt anymore, or at least it's very seldom when it does happen. Some of the changes highlighted were indeed bugs and not intended at all. But myself, like others, still jumped to conclusions. What I should have learned by now is if something doesn't seem right, bug report it. Time and time again the devs have gone far and above expectation and I've found that I need to put a little more trust in the process. The end result has just about always been fair.

For the things I have said, the negativity that I made. Chris, I am sorry. You're doing a great job with what you have to work with and I'll be more understanding and open to future changes.

I do not wish to turn this into something negative or to have this side tracked. I just wanted to publicly apologize. Thanks.

2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

was this from the golden child movie with eddie murphy? I I I I I want the knife.

4. Nib

Nib Avatar

This all could be avoided with detailed release notes.

Verit, StarLord, Aldo and 15 others like this.
  5. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

6. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

YES!!!! Gold star for you brother! :D

7. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

I'm sure they appreciate your comments here amarious, perspective and patience is a virtue. I have read a lot of comments void of any benefit of the doubt, even vitriolic. Almost none of them have been prepared to follow up with such a statement when the truth and facts are in the sun.

You make for an honorable exception.

The developers cannot always communicate all changes in a rapidly changing environment, although specific and up to date information is always appreciated.

Sole, amarious, Witcheypoo and 2 others like this.
  8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

LOL

Cordelayne likes this.
  9. Floors

Floors Avatar

While that's all well and good, this wasn't a good release.

several pieces of furniture in my house were broken, all weekend, the prime gaming time, the node rates were borked, stuff that's been broken forever still hasn't been fixed, and even issues that were supposedly fixed like mac resolution issues were still a little problematic.

The initial 848 release was crashing my game 10 times until either they patched it or I put my frost sword away, not sure which it is yet.

One of the bugs I reported I was told was because I was dying undyable furniture.

So yeah, no pass from me, sorry. still feels like pre-release

Verit, Xandra7, By Tor and 9 others like this.
  10. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Chris should apologize to us for constant nerfs in the guise of balance. lol!

11. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

This is the first time I’ve posted on the subject however I have been reading the last topic about the mining bug and the since implemented fix.

I didn’t contribute to the last thread at all, and also I didn’t read anything in that Last thread that I feel needed a public apology like this.

I will say though and this is the first time I’ve said anything that it is now “feels” quite a lot harder to get the same amount of ore in the same time. Even with the current fix.

I don’t want to derail this thread, since it’s my first time saying anything and the other thread has been locked.... I just wanted to say that publicly also. From a completely new voice

12. Flesh2

Flesh2 Avatar

i know im going to catch heat for this but i do not care anymore this game has only gotten worse and worse since r32 everything that is cool get nerfed thats all i need to say and who else can we point the finger at? it's not upto us what gets added and/or fixed if its voted on then its a total fail in general otherwise i generally disagree with everythnig chris spears changes if you wanna call it a change....

manowarh, Sir_Hemlock and Shadilay like this.
  13. Flesh2

Flesh2 Avatar

not just detailed release notes but actually playing the game to understand what is wrong with it rather then just making the finalization that no one has any idea what they are talking about and/or playing the game wrong or what have you some of us like myself have been playing since prealpha release 8 or prior like myself but to just pretend or act as if we do not know what we are talking about is disgusting......

14. Shadilay

Shadilay Avatar

The fact that stacking is still broken right now = No apologies

15. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

In an ideal world maybe.. don't underestimate people's ability to not read stuff, or to not understand what they've read. Clear as day for one can be clear as mud for another. And as recently illustrated, there will always be those who simply don't care and want it their way.

gtesser likes this.
  16. Calan Caitin

Calan Caitin Avatar

One of the problems is WHERE the information is released. Sometimes it's on the forums (not always on his blog etc), sometimes it's on discord, etc... A lot of the information I hear from other players I try to verify before forming an opinion for the good or bad of it and most times I have trouble finding where anything was posted.

Verit, StarLord, Nib and 2 others like this.
  17. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I take issue with the way he continues to talk to the community and not the in game issues, those are typical IT, its not if but when issues happen. But time after time he says things that are just shocking to people here.

Keldorn of the Vale likes this.
  18. Flesh2

Flesh2 Avatar

Aka "Christ Spears"

Brewton likes this.
  19. redfish

redfish Avatar

I support Chris' prerogative to nerf whatever he wants :D

20. Flesh2

Flesh2 Avatar

hence the state of the game :D

manowarh and Kain Darkmoor like this.