Armor Durability and Weapon Durability really taking a hit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lace, Sep 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

the problem with that of course is that there is now lower resource gains......

Brewton likes this.
  2. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Well until they reduce the item decay I will go through all the garbage armor/swords I made and when I run out of those I will use the better looted rusty chain and plate. Will not buy good stuff that will not last nor give up either dual wield and body slam. I guess it’s a case of “Suck it up melee” until their stubbornness subsides. And they wonder why the player numbers do not go up as they would like. R/Boris/The soon to be wearing rusty armor pirate.

3. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Which is exactly why increasing durability loss doesn't help crafters ;)

4. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

Well, I have to craft a bow every 3 weeks or so, and I don’t play 12 hours per day like Mac. I do still steal aggro from tanks and do get hit a lot. At 118 bow masterwork, it takes less resources than it used to make an okay bow but the RNG is truly horrendous. So I try to make 2 bows - one for bosses and one for multishot, neither above 65 durability. The multishot one decays a lot faster because it’s used more.

I’ve also noticed that the scrap rate of elven bows has gone downhill since r57 - been getting less elven strings. Would be nice if we could control the rng by virtue of higher crafting skills at least.

Rentier, calkano (PAX) and Brewton like this.
  5. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Brother; you have a stronger voice with the devs and I just tend to piss them off by calling it as I see it. Maybe you can suggest a reconsideration on the armor/weapon decay and a suggestion to let you guys make money off your crafted goods off the NPCs and then craft exactly what people want that will last a while. This idea can also help the gatherers who will have more demand on raw and refined goods for you crafters to create/MW/Enchant. I will get by and work up my MW/Enchant that I left in the low 70s and make iron chain/plate/meteoric armor swords if in need until it gets sorted out. R/Boris/El Pirata

6. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

I do no crafting, I buy all my gear, and even all my deco.

Increasing durability loss will cause me to buy less gear. I will not pay very much for something that wears out quickly. I will not pay very much for poor gear.

I will pay happily for gear that lasts. I will happily pay well for good gear.

RNG in crafting should be for the strength of the buff, not for which buff gets applied. Allow crafter to choose the buff, and RNG the strength of that buff according to skill.

Allow crafters to create good gear, allow them to build gear to requested specs. Allow them to add value, and they will have valuable gear.

Witcheypoo, Almar, Aldo and 1 other person like this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Xee making that vendor that just sells exceptional weapons was a great idea...

Barugon and Boris Mondragon like this.
  8. eli

eli Avatar

Fight naked!!

Witcheypoo and Paladin Michael like this.
  9. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Time for martial arts come in as new skills ...

Boris Mondragon and Witcheypoo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.