Please make Wood Pulp a Refined Material

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Jason_M, Oct 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I recently learned that wood pulp is not considered a refined material. As a result, it doesn't benefit from the batching or the efficiency skills (second tier milling). This has a huge (and horribly inconvenient) effect on wood scrap to wood pulp refinement.

Other scrap-to-refined material processes are considered refined, and they benefit from the second-tier skills.

On behalf of the paper making proletariot across Novia, please grant us the boon of refining skill bonuses while refining wood pulp.

amarious, Zeetocht, Net and 6 others like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

As someone who makes a lot of pulp hmm that sounds a bit odd to say but oh well it is our virtual world;). Anyway you need it for sheet music and scrolls. Both of these I make quite a lot of. ;) I vote yes for more pulp quantity than 20.

Here's hoping we hear soon more about teleporting, recalling, and binding plans.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Zeetocht and Witcheypoo like this.
  3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

As a QOL improvement, I believe it should at least benefit from the Batching Materials Skill (batch size increase) so that we can make more than 20 at a time. When you need to make hundreds of blank sheets/scrolls that 20 at a time limit is frustrating.

4. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

@Daxxe Diggler mentioned in another thread that scrap-to-pulp requires no fuel and would therefore be a cheap (in both senses of the word) means of improving one's milling tree skills. That is a good point.

Perhaps the issue lies with the original design of the recipe. It's quite different from other scrap-to-refined in that it is a 1-to-1 conversion. One scrap yields one pulp.

I disagree with the design decision to remedy this by excluding it from efficiency skill benefits. Making it a pain in the backside shouldn't be a design choice. (I'm also not the kind of person who enjoys filling buckets of water but does so anyway out of intense stinginess.)

If the limiting factor is a fuel in the recipe, then perhaps one could be added? In the real world, cellulose and chemicals and watee are sometimes used. Perhaps in our world we can use something similar or even wax.

Zeetocht and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  5. Witcheypoo

Witcheypoo Avatar

*hides behind a barrel* make it require water and then give us batching!
    *ducks*
    Witchey

6. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

oh there are so many things that need to be added to the batching skill. mastering the skill feels like a rip-off over time, as you realize *most* of the components you create cant be batched.

and, come on now, nothing for cooking?!

/steps away and makes butter for years...

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  7. Net

Net Avatar

Crafting is really bad as it is, it could use some improvements. It would be nice to have wood scrap to pulp in bigger batches, but there are so many other improvements that should have been done to the system, I am not fan of watching progress bars and double-clicking every few minutes.
    And give me recipe that will use 10 scraps and 1 water to make 10 pulps or something so it uses fuel but it also works ten times faster.

Zeetocht, Kara Brae and Jason_M like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.