Do decoration Pets wander around in basements?

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by mass, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mass

mass Avatar

I put down the Cylindrical Automaton pet in my basement, set it to 'Patrol', exited, re-entered, logged off and on, etc. and he just stays put. Doesn't he roam?

2. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @mass. A few releases ago port talked about working on the AI that would make pets function even when the owner of the pet logged off. They also talked about increasing the number of non-combat pets you could have out at one time. Neither one has gotten any updates but it is still on their list. I have quite a few pets and would live to have a small group of horses or even cats and dogs roaming on my lot. Still have hopes this will happen.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  3. mass

mass Avatar

Ah, I'd thought I'd read they fixed some of those issues already. I know I've seen a few pets roam around people's properties like squirrels and ghost pets. I thought maybe there was something about 'basement' scenes that was broken. My basement is essentially my workshop and I wanted my little automaton buzzing around while I crafted :p.

Witcheypoo and CrandalltheFoole like this.
  4. Floors

Floors Avatar

Patrol doesn't really seem to work too well AFAIAC. Either they end up walking on top of items or they kind of - in the case of the dragonfly pet - stay "hovering" while ceasing their animations and kind of getting stuck in the air, and not really being able to navigate the top of a mainly clear row roof.

Not too impressed with it

Cordelayne likes this.
  5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

To answer your question: Yes they will work in your basement. You just have to make sure that your limit has not been reached of pets on your property. If you have reached your limit, the pet you put down will not patrol.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The basement is separate from your lot (it has it's own decoration count, including NPCs) and if you have maximum number of NPCs placed then you can't place any more.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  7. Solstys

Solstys Avatar

My non-combat pets work correctly inside and outside of my houses, but they will not work in any of my basements. I have tried numerous pets in each of my basements. I can place them and they simply stand and sit.....but will not follow, walk, move, or anything else.

I was going to place my cylindrical automaton in my crafting area also and my mini brass automaton behind my bar. :)

8. mass

mass Avatar

It's the only pet I have placed on the property.
    Good info and good ideas!

Solstys likes this.
  9. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I used to have two pets on patrol in my town lot basement. Sometime back they stopped working. So I do not think this is intended, but rather a bug introduced in one of the updates. My answer above was my experience before the apparent loss of patrol or follow functionality. It has been awhile since they stopped working. Hope it is a bug and not an intended change.

mass likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.